Overall Satisfaction with Slack
My company uses Slack for communication purposes on a daily basis. We can send files, Pictures, Giphys and much more! It has a way to set reminders for our group channels so certain tasks are able to be set for daily reminders. It helps us communicate and avoid any gaps in our daily tasking.
- To send photos, all you have to do is click, drag, and drop into the chat box. Very easy!
- I like how easy it is to create as many conversations as you'd like with 1 or more individuals.
- There are groups that we have that many agents can communicate big changes in an instant! By just the click of a button.
- I'd like to see a little more customization as far as my view of slack goes. Such as skins or color changes.
- It would be nice to be able to have a chat board where you can see several conversations at once instead of toggling back and forth from one side bar and only being able to be in one chat at a time.
- There are certain times when someone will leave the company and they have a Channel open that they created. Others can't close it because the individual would need to close it however they are not around any longer. It would be nice if we could remove those more easily.
- I am not aware of this because I didn't have part in ordering or purchasing the software. However, as a user, I'd say it is VERY worth any amount of money to have better communication between your teammates!
I haven't encountered any other software like Slack in my time as an employee.
I think that Slack is always improving and is on the right track to catering to what customers want and need in their daily business.
Do you think Slack delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Slack's feature set?
Did Slack live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Slack go as expected?
Would you buy Slack again?
Slack is suited for a small growing business that needs several channels of communication between departments. It is nice also because Slack has a phone app, so you don't even need to be at your computer to use it. We can easily get a message at any time when we are available on the app. Very convenient for those of us who are more mobile!