Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS)
We use SolarWinds DRS for providing IT support to our users who work from home. DRS works better than any remote support platform we have tried. It makes it easy to hop on someone's computer anywhere in the world and control it as if we were sitting at their desk. Before, we were using screen sharing in Teams/Zoom and, due to security features on those platforms, we were very restricted as to what we could do as far as changing settings and using tools like the command prompt. We especially like the drag and drop file transfer functionality and being able to download a user's logs very quickly.
- The remote support connections are very reliable. I've never had a connection drop.
- The experience is very polished and is dead simple to use.
- The ability to transfer files using drag and drop is awesome.
- It allows us to pull event logs very easily.
- File transfer can be very slow at times.
- Better integration with Solar Winds Service Desk would be great (i.e. syncing user info from Service Desk to DRE's console).
Do you think SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Dameware Remote Support (DRS) again?
DRS is perfect for the IT support/helpdesk professional. It provides a smooth, polished experience for both the technician and the end-user. Our users are often impressed by how well it works and we appreciate that we don't have to pull logs from their computers the "old fashioned" way. All in all, having access to this software/service has been a game-changer.