Take Control by being in control
August 19, 2019

Take Control by being in control

Overall Satisfaction with Solarwinds Take Control (formerly SolarWinds MSP Anywhere)

Our organization uses Solarwinds Take Control to remote into our client PC and solve problems. If a client device receives an error or needs software installation, Take Control is a user-friendly tool to save us travel time by creating a remote connection into the devices versus driving onsite to the device location.
  • Take Control is really good at accessing a device with no end-user involvement. The user doesn't have to click on permissions or visit a particular site. We simply can take control of their device from the RMM dashboard.
  • If Microsoft issues a patch/update, I can schedule a release of a mass install to all client sites at the click of a mouse from within my office.
  • Based on past experiences, I have not yet got Take Control to work on Mac. Rather than submit a ticket to Solarwinds support, we came up with a different strategy in the interim.
  • There are two different Take Control interfaces that may sometimes be confusing. There is Take Control from RMM and then a stand-alone.
  • Take Control has saved time by saving me from driving to client sites.
  • Take Control has saved money by saving me time in driving to client sites.
I have not yet used the Take Control troubleshooting tools. But am very interested in its functionality. The fast connection has been commended by clients for resolving issues quickly. I have been in the same building with clients and its faster to use the Take Control tool than for me to walk to their actual device.
  • SolarWinds Web Help Desk
  • SolarWinds Remote Monitoring and Management
Solarwinds products help to track and implement resolutions as well as communicate with clients. Its impact is critical to day to day business functions. Without Service Help Desk tracking client issues would get lost in email threads. Without Remote Management, the quick turnaround would be near to impossible. At least 90 percent of our operations is through Solarwinds.
Take Control can be accessed through a browser whereas Windows Remote Desktop requires settings on the PC and device to remote into the end device. Installing the end devices application has mostly been a flawless install with limited setting configurations. GoToMyPC has often required a reboot of the end device in order to get it working.
When a news alert came out about removing Quicktime software, Take Control, allowed easy access to remote into client devices and remove Quicktime.

N-able Take Control (formerly Solarwinds Take Control) Feature Ratings

Screen sharing
File transfer
Instant message
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Remote Active Directory® management