Survey Monkey, Fast, Simple, Convenient
August 03, 2021
Survey Monkey, Fast, Simple, Convenient
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SurveyMonkey
I feel that one of the strengths of Survey Monkey is its ability to function in a variety of ways for different levels of users. We use Qualtrics surveys for the vast majority of our organizational needs. Qualtrics is a feature-heavy and robust platform that we have been working with for some time. With that being said many users find the interface too intimidating and prefer to use Survey Monkey. There are people that are familiar with using Survey Monkey outside of the work environment so already have some skill developed on how to create a survey, extract the results, and comprehend the metrics. We largely use Survey Monkey to meet the needs of these users. That isn't to say that in comparison Survey Monkey is featureless and lacks robustness, it isn't. It is a quick, simple, straightforward platform and there is a segment of our populous that appreciates that.
- Allows you to collect responses quickly and easily.
- Gives you tools to analyze your results.
- Has tools to customize design elements and branding.
- Creates PDF of the results for viewing offline.
- Has flexible pricing models.
- I find the dashboard a little intimidating and too clustered.
- The name of the product sounds so childish and unprofessional.
- You will need to unsubscribe from their email communications after you create an account.
- You can create free surveys so in some cases the ROI is fantastic as it is essentially a free tool.
- There are better platforms for gaining serious responses, I think Prolific does a better job of getting market data.
- If you are willing to spend money the premium features do make your surveys feel more serious and give them a more professional look.
- Because the interface is mostly intuitive you can get a decent ROI in time-saving from users that don't create surveys often.
In terms of creating surveys and analyzing their results, the main competitor we use is Qualtrics. I think Qualtrics has better features, a more professional environment, and more robust tools. This can also be negative as it can be overwhelming for untrained users. I have also used Prolific for response-based research. I believe the respondents to be of a higher quality on that platform than what Survey Monkey offers. That being said most of the users for Survey Monkey have a designated audience they want to appeal to and are not looking to be provided with respondents.
Do you think SurveyMonkey delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SurveyMonkey's feature set?
Did SurveyMonkey live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SurveyMonkey go as expected?
Would you buy SurveyMonkey again?
The product is very useful for even the most novice survey makers. The platform gives you an option to choose how complicated you want to make your form. The way they walk you through creating the survey makes things smooth. Most users won't need to ever get into the more advanced design features. Once you have created and sent your survey the method of tracking respondents and analyzing the results is also simple and robust even for the free version.
I haven't had any need to contact a person for support for this product. The documentation and walkthroughs are enough to get most users where they need. As the production is nearly ubiquitous on the web there are a tremendous amount of helpful guides with a quick Google search or YouTube video.
Frankly, just based on the name alone I dislike using Survey Monkey for use with our external clients. Qualtrics seem better suited and more professional for those situations. Survey Monkey works really well for creating quick surveys that you want responses for over a short period of time that doesn't require a lot of analysis and follow-up with non-participants. I don't like that Survey Monkey advertises for themselves at the end of every survey so that is another reason I do not like them for higher stakes used. If you just want to aggregate opinion and take a temperature check on something Survey Monkey is a great way to do that.