Overall Satisfaction with TestComplete
The main usage of the tool is automation of our regression testing. However often we use it to quickly solve some tasks where user actions required to be automated. Despite the fact that we are the bank, we develop a number of own applications like Internet-bank for web and mobile platforms, custom modules for our CRM system etc. TestComplete is used only by our QA department.
- Great object recognition. We can get an access to the most of properties and methods of GUI controls.
- Support of Python programming language expands native TC functionality with third party libraries.
- One testing platform for web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Works relatively slowly during test runtime. Especially with iOS applications.
- Poor options for log export. Only .mht is supported.
- Unable to use variables within Objects in Stores.
- Not sure we can speak about ROI regarding test automation at all. What exactly I can talk about -- QA people became free from hard and routine regression testing and got a time for another projects.
1 - Basically you should understand software test automation process and better if you know one of the program languages and can use it for scripting.
- We have created bots for one specific task, which requires multiple users do monotone actions for a long time.
Evaluating TestComplete and Competitors
If you develop a mobile application and your testing process goes in cloud, probably you will face a problem - how to implement a stable connection between your mobile devices and testing servers.
Yes - Firstly we implemented the Web module, then Mobile module and the next stage is a module for Desktop applications.
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Besides the good GUI with flexible settings, application has a great support. Customers are involved in development process, can send feature requests and vote for them. Some of my requests already implemented or coming soon.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Name mapping. Especially started from version 12.4 - you can simply use copy/paste feature while you create or edit your objects.
- You can create a data driven variables, based on tables (csv, excel)