Intuitive tool for team collaborationhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementTrelloUnspecified8.513081012019-08-16T13:51:47.859Z
August 16, 2019
Intuitive tool for team collaboration
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Trello
We are a small organization and don't require any kind of enterprise-based, costly software for our project management needs. It's currently used organization-wide. It's our primary tool for sprint planning, task assignment, tracking future project needs, etc. It's been an invaluable tool for keeping our projects organized and on task.
- Intuitive - Doesn't require a bunch of training or documentation review to get up and running.
- Collaborative - Allows multiple users to easily collaborate on projects/tasks.
- Integration - No shortage of add-ons/plugins giving you the ability to integrate with other tools your organization uses.
- Can be tedious to remove cards.
- Calendar integration could be better.
- The ability to automate is limited (at least with the free version).
- We don't have to waste a lot of time on conference calls, e-mail threads, and/or chat to communicate on projects/tasks.
- Trello has completely streamlined our sprint planning and project processes.
- Team members have been more proactive in managing individual to-do lists, creating more of a culture of efficiency than we had prior to using the tool.
I provided an 8 rating on usability because it's a very intuitive product. Using base features and finding your way around those features does not require an immense amount of training or documentation review. The user interface is easy to understand and offers many of the same features as higher-priced alternatives.
I give it a rather neutral rating mainly because we haven't had the need for much customer support on the tool. Where we've run into minor issues or trouble understanding a certain feature, the tool's documentation and help screens were sufficient in solving any problems we were experiencing. Per previous comments in the review, the tool is very intuitive based on our experience.
Based on the size and needs of our organization, the main reason we chose Trello of other alternatives simply comes down to cost. We use the free version and it meets our needs and then some. We've had team members use some alternatives and for the most part, the feature set of Trello stacks up against those high-cost alternatives.
For an organization such as ours where we do not have a central office, Trello is invaluable for keeping projects organized, communicating on tasks, and planning. When working remotely, it is not always feasible or preferred to reach out to team members for simple checks on project/task status. It's great to be able to quickly and easily find what you're looking via the Trello boards. The feature set may not be ideal for a larger organization managing 100's of projects, but it's perfect for an organization our size.