Why you need to use TrustRadius
May 18, 2018
Why you need to use TrustRadius
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TrustRadius for Buyers
I was researching education tools for our department when I came upon TrustRadius. The Education committee (consisting of several IT specialists) was looking into different learning platforms. We were searching for educational applications and/or programs that could assist our IT specialists - whether they are new employees or have been with the company for several years - to gain the necessary knowledge and technology updates.
- To understand my options (i.e. build my short list or long list)
- To compare products
- To find evidence to support my recommendation to colleagues or my client
We wanted to understand the options that exist in the field of educational apps and platforms (since that field is changing rather fast, I was not up to speed on the current state of it). In addition, I wanted the opportunity to compare several different products I already was familiar with. The pros and cons mentioned in the reviews make it very easy to understand. Also, the feature that allows you to compare different products is simply marvelous.
As mentioned earlier, it is really helpful when a reviewer is listing all the positive and negative sides of the product. It helps you to consider if the cons outweigh the pros or vice versa and if you are willing to accept the product as it is. Even if you are familiar with the product and used it in the past, other people may have encountered different issues - be it because of the different field the company is specializing in or because of the different approach.
The reviews are very powerful resource that in my opinion cannot be overrated. I appreciate the opportunity to access the reviews by people who already used the product - it can save a lot of time and money and assist in making the right decision.
- You can see what field the company is specializing in and its size - this way you can find reviews similar to your situation
- Pros and cons are specified for the product
- You have the ability to compare products you are interested in
- There are links for Alternative products and Other Related software making it very easy to browse the relevant products and make a wish-list
- Maybe adding more options in the Sort By dropdown for the reviews
- Option to compare more than 2 products at a time
- Maybe option to limit the number of reviews that are showing on page - sometimes it takes too long to scroll down
I used other sites that are providing reviews - such as TrustPilot, for example. Although most of the other sites do not give you the more advanced options available on TrustRadius (comparisons, alternatives and such), using several different resources allows you to get a more complete picture regarding the specific product (if everyone complains about it, you may want to take that into consideration).
As mentioned earlier, TrustRadius has very convenient features that other sites can't brag about - you can filter the reviews by different parameters, be it date, topic, or job type of the reviewer. You can also compare the product to similar ones by matching parameters. In addition, you can create your short or long list of options using the Alternatives link.
I think TrustRadius is a great tool that can assist you a lot in making the right decision - be it for your personal needs or for the company. It allows you to browse different reviews made by the specialists who have already used the product, to compare various products and even find a better alternatives you didn't know about when you started your search.