Overall Satisfaction with UserTesting
UserTesting is the main user testing platform we use to get feedback from our clients and prospective clients. We use it to evaluate current and proposed versions of site layouts, designs, and other functionalities. We also use it for exploratory purposes (i.e., what would a user want/expect from our services). With UserTesting, we are able to reach a wide range of users.
- Large user base.
- Great built-in recording features.
- Convenient video conferencing platform for moderated testing.
- Timing-out interview sessions - should be able to add extra time and compensate extra.
- Ability to add more participants without having to create separate tests.
- Ability to download the recording transcripts.
- Quick turnaround on test results (can have a test completed within a day).
- Ability to save "good" testers that give detailed critiques.
- Only a few accounts have full access to launch tests but sometimes other accounts accidentally launch them which takes time to correct.
I personally have not reached out for support from UserTesting. There have been times where videos were corrupted and my colleague has talked to support and got it resolved fairly quickly. However with my particular company, we have firewalls that restrict some site features so the online chat usually doesn't work with us.
It takes some time to be onboarded and familiar with UserTesting. But overall, there is a convenient knowledge base for when I need to look up how to do something. But once you get in the routine of creating and reviewing tests, the overall usability is pretty good and easy to understand.
UserTesting's ability to collect feedback quickly has helped me with analysis turnaround. My analysis then helps the rest of the team make decisions based on what kind of functionalities are wanted and/or possible. Overall, it has helped improve our products and services to help our team make key business decisions.
Qualtrics is less organized when it comes to creating tests. I don't believe they have a userbase to send tests off to... I usually have to create a test and send the links off myself to a group of testers I've reached out to or advertised to myself. In that sense, it's a lot less convenient to use.
Do you think UserTesting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UserTesting's feature set?
Did UserTesting live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of UserTesting go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy UserTesting again?
It's great for fast, quick, and efficient testing of general users. It may be less appropriate if you wanted to test a specific audience. For example, if my company wanted to test internally with specific teams, it'd be easier to organize an interview without having to send them a UserTesting link.