UserTesting

UserTesting Reviews

TRUE

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

UserTesting's ability to collect feedback quickly has helped me with analysis turnaround. My analysis then helps the rest of the team make decisions based on what kind of functionalities are wanted and/or possible. Overall, it has helped improve our products and services to help our team make key business decisions.
Pallavi Manjrekar | TrustRadius Reviewer
There have been many instances where having a tool like UserTesting has helped gain those quick insights. Influencing some key decisions on how features should be laid out, accesses, what they mean to our consumers. Hearing qualitative insights from our consumers quickly impacts those key decisions and in turn reducing issues later on in the development phases.
Daniëlle Duijst | TrustRadius Reviewer
The insights from UserTesting feed our UX Team and help us make decisions. Usually, after UserTesting we try to validate the changes with A/B testing to make sure the change also works for our own users.

It also helped us using one tool instead of many and having everything in one place. The automatically created graphs in the report also help us to share results quickly (although it would be nice if you could just export them instead of screenshotting).

In general, we have increased our time-to-market because we find usability issues much faster in the process, and developers can start working on implementation much faster than before.
Oscar Yepes (he-him) | TrustRadius Reviewer
The results that we get through the testing conducted via UserTesting have allowed us to make practical decisions and avoid releasing and developing website features that are actually not useful. We have moved from a best-guess approach to an evidence-based approach.
We continuously improve our products through design iterations and user feedback is key to validate new designs. UserTesting makes [it] very easy to launch studies and get results often in just a few hours, which helps the whole team move faster. Our decisions are backed up with evidence and direct input from users which gives [businesses] higher confidence when planning new features.
I've tested many things with this tool - I prefer doing in-person tests in focus-lab. When we think about reaching audiences from across the border, it is a really useful tool.

You need to remember that this tool requires some compromise, but overall I'm happy with the results and participants that they provided.
We've been able to update marketing and POP pages for public users, guide A/B testing decisions, make improvements to our navigation and information architecture, and release tools that are significantly more usable. UserTesting has also aided in removing designer and stakeholder biases and helped us validate those assumptions with authentic customer feedback.
UserTesting has helped to inform how effectively our tone/messaging/design is speaking to our target audiences. This helps make decisions based on actual feedback instead of just opinion, whilst bringing to light possible areas of misunderstanding and informing our refinement processes. Its helpful how quickly UserTesting gathers insights, so that we can use it as part of an agile response to a potential issue.
We've been able to do significantly more research--our scale problem (reaching participants easily) seems to be largely behind us, which is a massive win. We have moved away from guesswork making decisions based on customer insights or feedback. Our time to market is probably the same but I'm much more confident that we're building the right things and that they'll work.
The main benefit is our ability to do several rounds of user testing (both live and unmoderated) sometimes with the same panelists to iterate on prototypes being developed as new features and making sure they are not only easy to use and understand but also have the right aesthetic that is appealing.
We understand our customers better as a result of using UserTesting--especially the interaction of the Muslim faith with money. We can therefore plan our product roadmap according to these insights and needs. We only use digital remote user testing. It has helped us to use UserTesting as a tool to confirm decisions or change our direction if the insights highlight wrong assumptions in our original decisions.
August 04, 2021

UT A-OK!

Has allowed us to flag issues big and small, increase the usability of our sites and tools, get an outside perspective on more subjective topics, and bring products or features to market with more confidence.
We have been able to put our ideas in front of our target market and get their unbiased feedback. Sometimes they agree with us and help guide final edits. Other times, we learn that we were off track and sending the wrong message. UserTesting helps us move away from long debates internally of "what do you think the customer will want" to "let's just ask them".
My favorite aspect of UserTesting is the panel that we have access to. It is so nice to get a very specific audience to complete the tests that I need. It is also nice that you can schedule interviews with your own participants and then create a highlight reel within UserTesting.
It allowed us to map the major usability problems across the most important user journeys. By doing this, we're able to optimize said journeys and ultimately build a more effective product that benefits the user and brings returns for the company.
Yes, we were able to improve some designs quicker, and were able to democratize some usability user research. That being said, the real opportunity for us to benefit would be from a more robust unmoderated testing/exploratory capability.
I feel way more confident knowing something at a minimum has been tested for usability. We test everything from the copy on a web page to component styling and interaction patterns just to make sure it is intuitive. If I am ever unsure, I know I have the ability to test and see before we start coding.
Absolutely. UserTesting allows us to be very specific in creating a 'persona' so we can reach our target audience as well as future audiences, right down to gender, age, and country. As mentioned previously, the main strength is to obtain feedback very quickly so that we can use it to tweak, approve, or even prevent a feature launch (if the feedback is overly negative).
Craig Scull | TrustRadius Reviewer
The biggest "unique" benefit is being able make more design iterations than before and in turn fix more problems faster than if I had recruited and moderated the studies entirely myself. I estimate that at least 2-3 days of business time are saved per study, which is not trivial given how fast we are trying to move.
Manuel Rapada | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having an unlimited access of tests gives you more opportunity to experiment in how to design studies to get the proper insights. I usually go through a couple revs of my screener and task guide to ensure I'm talking to the right people and asking them the right questions to move the business forward. I recently finished my first intentionally international study, and it was nice to get access to non-U.S. markets fairly easily.
Katie Bindert | TrustRadius Reviewer
UserTesting’s questions are extremely good at vetting the individual answering them. This is one of the reasons why I trust them so much! You can tell that these “tests” are geared towards people who genuinely want to further the researchers work and are committed to giving detailed and truthful responses!

What is UserTesting?

UserTesting aims to enable every organization to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight. The vendor states that with UserTesting’s on-demand Human Insight Platform, companies across industries can make accurate customer-first decisions at every level, at the speed business demands.

UserTesting Competitors