Overall Satisfaction with UserTesting
We utilize UserTesting.com to run qualitative tests on our workflows to ensure that users can complete a task successfully. We have been using UserTesting.com for about 3 years as a OneWorld recipient. It has helped us immensely in testing our mobile app builds, InVision prototypes, and live code on our website.
- Selecting users to take our tests that fit our demographics
- Offer templates and questions that relate to the data we want to collect
- Parse out transcripts of users feedback
- Provide resources for small teams vs. large corporations that have many user research members
- Transcript parsing can use some improvements in words
- PowerPoint templates could be provided for read-outs of data to other stakeholders
- Not having to re-do user workflows because we have confidence that users can get through our workflows
- Knowing our marketing campaigns will run will great ROI because they are reaching our target audience
- Being able to gather feedback quickly so projects can still meet their deadlines
Our UserTesting.com representative meets with us monthly to inform us of new features and gives us an opportunity to ask questions. Also, if we ever have an issue running a test, customer support is very quick to help us resolve this issue via email, whether it's re-running a test or getting refunded on a test that we did not get valid feedback on.
UserTesting.com is extremely user-friendly to navigate around the platform. It's easy to find templates, re-order test questions, or find resources on the university for how to run tests or great questions to ask. It's also simple to narrow down demographic filters and save templates for questions, demographics, or testing groups.
The fact that we can add pre-test questions helps us filter out which users are best to have them take our tests to ensure that we are getting sound feedback from the correct users. We also find it to be extremely helpful to be able to re-run tests with saved participants if they have utilized our product as a power user in the past.
We have not utilized any other products that are similar to UserTesting.com for qualitative data since we are a small user experience and product team that is very young. We do utilize other tools to run tests for quantitative data such as live code A/B tests and collect live data.
Do you think UserTesting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UserTesting's feature set?
Did UserTesting live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of UserTesting go as expected?
Would you buy UserTesting again?
UserTesting is a great resource for collecting user data on a variety of different mediums. We love how quickly we can run tests and get feedback from users that fit our demographics. We are very fortunate to use it as a OneWorld recipient, but I have heard from others that it can get pricey for companies that are not nonprofits.