VWO Review 6 of 73
Review: "VWO is by far the most advanced tool for A/B testing"
Dobs Totev profile photo
November 12, 2018

Review: "VWO is by far the most advanced tool for A/B testing"

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with VWO

We use VWO to track conversion funnels and perform A/B testings mainly. We use it across departments but mainly most of the VWO's features are being used by the eCommerce team. They use it to track performance, conversion and so on, whereas the product design team uses mainly the A/B testing functionality to perform tests using the inbuilt editor to make small design or text changes. It helps us decide which idea leads to more conversion and which one doesn't work.
  • A/B Testing. The tool is very advanced and the editor allows you to make live changes to the existing website
  • Heatmaps. We love to see where people click the most and which CTAs trigger the most conversion
  • Funnels and Goals. You get clear details of what steps people take to reach the end goal
  • The recordings feature. It's practically useless. You have so many videos to go through to actually identify what is happening that it's a waste of time.
  • It helps us convert more people by helping us make the right decision for our target audience.
  • I don't think there is a negative impact
Yes we have. We have performed multiple A/B tests, from small CTA color and text changes, to actually completely changing the designs and layout of the pages we are testing. The A/B testing tool is very powerful and one of the best I have used.
We haven't really used much of this feature. To create visitor segments we mostly use Google Analytics and take data from there. We haven't done anything in VWO that has required us to segment visitors, except perhaps allowing a certain % of the traffic to see a certain variation during an A/B test.
It has made things very easy. I think it's great and people with no prior coding knowledge can actually use it and achieve results.
We chose VWO because it combines all the features that we need in one. All of the other products we have looked at have been missing something.
I think it's suitable for web-based applications but I wouldn't use it for mobile apps. For mobile apps, I would use Mixpanel.