Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
Watchguard Firebox devices form a key critical pillar in our security setup for our and our client's systems. In previous employment, we had a number of clients suffer crypto attacks, network breaches, and other security incidents. When we started our new company, we selected Watchguard Firebox with Total Security as a must-have for ourselves and all clients we support. We firmly believe that this decision has been key in avoiding network security issues for the 5+ years while allowing our clients visibility of internet usage and to get on with what they do with confidence in their security.
- Offer a range of product suitable for all SMB sizes.
- Are developing a all encompassing security platform.
- Have great technical and customer support.
- Wireguard vpn support would be great to have.
- LetsEncrypt style self renewing certificate capability for SSL VPN.
- Smaller rack-mountable unit, say a rack mountable T20/T40 without using 3rd party equipment.
- WatchGuard trade-ups and Renewals have been a great recurring income stream.
- WatchGuard Secure WiFi has opened new growth opportunities.
- WatchGuard's Authpoint has provided a quick-to-deploy yet secure and flexible MFA option to clients.
Having a single appliance/license simplifies the conversation with clients; we find the more complicated the licensing is for a product, the more a client can feel confused about the solution, which leads to indecision. We only offer WG's total security license, so customers can rest easy knowing they are getting the full feature stack both now and for any new features added during their licensed period.
WatchGuard was selected due to product familiarity; their free training courses mean we have all our technicians qualified in their use. Support has always been top-notch. And security is their focus; there's no trying to sell additional HW or add-ons. Although somewhat from experience, we find WG devices simpler and easier to configure with no jumping through hoops or multiple pages for basic configuration tasks, and when things aren't working, the comprehensive logging and reporting tools allow quick identification of the cause.
Do you think WatchGuard Network Security delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with WatchGuard Network Security's feature set?
Did WatchGuard Network Security live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of WatchGuard Network Security go as expected?
Would you buy WatchGuard Network Security again?
WatchGuard has products that are suitable for any SMB, from a one-man shop to 300+ large multi-site corporations. With multiple configuration methods available, WSM, web, CLI, and now Cloud Management, there's a config style for all. Further, the config method you choose is the same, be it a small T20 or a high-end M5800, so the skills you learn apply directly to clients big or small.