WhatsUp Gold Reviewhttps://www.trustradius.com/network-performance-monitoringWhatsUp GoldUnspecified7.6401012018-05-01T16:41:09.949Z
May 01, 2018
WhatsUp Gold Review
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with WhatsUp Gold
WhatsUp Gold is being used to monitor multiple sites owned by the organization across different countries across Africa. It's being used by the Networks Department to holistically manage the network across these various locations. WhatsUp Gold has helped the organization not only to monitor multiple sites but also provides real-time status of every endpoint device at each site. Through SNMP configuration, real-time and periodic well-detailed reports on each device can generate proper analysis and performance of the network in general, which could impact in futuristic strategic planning.
- Optimal network and endpoint device monitoring.
- Explicit report generation on the endpoint and network performance.
- Investigating and troubleshooting of network and endpoint device issue has been made very easy.
- Navigating the new WhatsUp Gold 2018 is a bit complicated and not user-friendly. The best part about using a software is the user's ability to use it with ease.
- You cannot click sites being monitored from Map Dashboard View. This feature was previously possible in the older version.
- WAN Optimization for multiple sites.
- Network Capacity Management for site expansion.
- Early detection and mitigation of network downtime.
- ORION Enterprise and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager
WhatsUp Gold gives you a much better in-depth analysis and understanding of both your network and endpoint devices but the emphasis should be laid more on report generation. WhatsUp Gold has the ability to generate a report (e.g device uptime, bandwidth utilization, device health etc) and track events that took place even as low as 5 minutes ago.