AB Tasty and Google Optimize are both A/B testing tools designed to help businesses test the performance of different versions of web content. Both A/B testing tools are used by businesses of all sizes, though AB Tasty is a little more popular with mid-sized businesses, and enterprises. At the same time, Google Optimize is more popular with smaller businesses. This may be due to Google Optimizes free offering that is usable for small businesses on a budget.
Google Optimize and AB Tasty both offer essential A/B Testing features such as split testing, but they also have a few standout features that set them apart from each other.
Google Optimize provides a clean, easy to use interface and essential A/B testing features at no charge. Google Optimize is usable for non-technical staff and allows for simple changes to pages for testing without writing code. Additionally, users can leverage Google Optimizes targeting features to target users by behavior, geography, or technology used. These targeting features are important for testing changes for specific browsers or regions.
Though Google Optimize and AB Tasty both include robust A/B testing features, they also have a few limitations that are important to consider.
Google Optimize is simple to use but isn’t able to make complex changes to pages through custom scripts. Lack of complexity may be a dealbreaker for businesses looking to test very different versions of pages, or pages that differ in script-based functionality. Additionally, Google Optimize is missing some analytics features such as heatmaps and doesn’t provide a survey tool for directly gauging user opinions. Lastly, Google Optimize only allows for 5 simultaneous tests.
AB Tasty is priced depending on the business and doesn’t provide published pricing information.
Google Optimize is a free product, though Google also offers a premium version called Optimize 360, which includes more advanced features such as a visual editor and additional simultaneous testing. Similarly to AB Tasty, Google Optimize has no published price but can provide quotes as requested.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on April 30, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
Feature Rating Comparison
a/b experiment testing
Split URL testing
Mobile app testing
Visual / WYSIWYG editor
Advanced code editor
Mutually exclusive tests
Test duration calculator
Experiment workflow and approval
Dynamic experiment activation
Standard visitor segmentation
Behavioral visitor segmentation
Traffic allocation control
Experiments results dashboard
Form fill analysis
- Customer-focused. Over the past year, AB Tasty has worked with us to overcome many obstacles (e.g. tracking hurdles, ITP issues, etc.). The team always finds a solution in a timely manner to ensure we're able to execute on experiments.
- Reliability. One of the biggest hurdles earlier this year were the ITP regulations set out by Apple. Over 40% of our ad traffic was Safari users. AB Tasty was using 3rd party cookies but quickly migrated over to a local session storage solution that circumvented the issue.
- Easy to follow set up procedures. Once I walk a client through the process, it's effortless for them to emulate on subsequent tests.
- Lots of geo and user attribute customization features to be able to drill down into specific targeted audiences — all based on the power of Google's immense data system.
- Google Optimize is the logical choice for many people to start with since most are already familiar with and using GA.
- Sometimes the platform is a little glitchy and requires a refresh.
- Would be great to be able to see the experiments and projects on a timeline with their status and main result to have an immediate view of ongoing and completed projects.
- Email notification for when an experiment reaches a certain confidence level.
- Track site performance with each test version; see if the resource timing of each test has anything to do with conversion rates.
Likelihood to Renew
Return on Investment
- Since we use AB tasty our conversion rates have significantly increased on the Watch pages.
- We can report positive comments about the evolutions of our interfaces, from our expert users. And so improved customer satisfaction.
- The solution allows us to validate or invalidate without taking major risk while gaining in reactivity, our proposals relook pages.
- Commitment rates are much higher, multiplied by 2 or 3, when we implement customizations that are relevant. These customizations are very relevant insofar as we are governed by the seasonality of events as a media site.
- We were able to increase our main KPI for conversions by almost 50% by testing button copy.
- We were able to increase secondary KPIs for conversions by almost 30% by testing form design.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
AB Tasty Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Google Optimize Editions & Modules