Reviews (1-25 of 31)
The tool allows us to continually optimise our websites and increase our conversions through A/B and multivariate testing as well as serving personalised content.
- Simple one-tag implementation allows you to get up and running in minimal time.
- In-page visual editor allows changes to be made to the site without technical expertise.
- Dedicated account and technical support with impressive turnaround times.
- Strong segmentation and personalisation options.
- Huge range of integrations.
- Occasional glitches within the visual editor, especially with responsive content.
- Better debugging tools when testing experiments locally i.e. a preview environment.
- Occasionally when adding goals in to the reporting tool, they will not load immediately.
- Account Managers understand our needs and always listen to our technical or strategic questions.
- Each month a team from AB Tasty explains through a webinar a key concept of AB testing or tips to be operational and autonomous on the interface, and this is very helpful.
- AB Tasty's interface is complete, intuitive and innovative.
- It would be useful to have more examples of winning tests in different industries, it is always inspiring.
- Apart from traditional options of the interface, it is sometimes difficult to run the tests by ourselves.
We learn everyday by testing things that would take longer to develop on the first hand.
I use it on a daily basis.
My role is to help and support all of our 12 e-commerce platforms in :
- Defining AB testing & personnalization roadmap
- Helping marketing team with technical support
- Analyzing data regarding these AB tests
The main purpose was to improve our conversion rate.
- The account management and consulting support (our AB tasty consultant was really good).
- The simplicity of the tool (can be easily used by a non-developer person).
- Features (lot of advanced segmentation possibilities with the tool).
- New features ; new features available very, very often.
- Ab tests ideas and best practice : marketing teams don't have time to investigate of what could be better so more ab test best practice would be great
- Simple AB tests with the wysiwyg
- Advanced personnalization campaign
- Improving incomes
Less appropriate :
- Very deep tests (like a whole layout change of a page)
- A solution for marketers. Indeed, Ab Tasty's Saas solution does not require advanced technical knowledge, and thus allows marketers to regain control over their websites.
- A team dedicated to listening and performing. This is one of the major strengths of this start-up. Teams are available and accompany us at every moment: from training to the use of the tool, to the implementation of very specific tests.
- The interface is perfectly thought out. It is intuitive and allows you to make decisions quickly and efficiently with clear and relevant analysis tables. In addition, the solution fits perfectly into our ecosystem because it is connected to our Google Analytics account, our CRM and other internal tools.
- Finally, listening to their team makes it possible to regularly improve their tool by adding new functionalities according to the needs of the users.
- One point of improvement could be the implementation of multi-account management. Indeed, being in charge of the management of Eurosport sites around the world we try to share our actions and evolutions on our various sites.
- Nevertheless, this point is not blocking to the extent that we use our major sites to do our global redesign tests. I think that this need is specific to the media, and that the increasing implementation of customization of the UX brings us to have a more precise approach, which requires a case-by-case study.
- A/B campaign tests with easy to read indicators.
- A wide range of web marketing strategy fine tuning using powerful indicators and evidence from data analytics.
I'm currently working as an e-commerce project manager at THOM. I am in charge of the user experience and optimization/projects for histoiredor.com/marc-orian.fr & orovivo.de.
We have used AB Tasty for almost 1 year for:
- Personalization (banner, countdown banner, reengagement modal, advertising modal.)
- AB tests
We used AB Tasty to make careful changes and validate them before going on line. We also used it to validate a hypothesis and prove that an opinion about the best experience can be proven wrong through an A/B test. And we used it for personalization because the tool is quite simple. We can do a lot of things with all of the available widgets without disturbing our IT team.
AB Tasty Review: "If you plan to become a heavy user of A/B tests to optimize your business, I strongly recommend ABTasty over Kameleoon and Optimizely. Greatest ROI for sure."
AB Tasty is now [being used] inside all marketing teams across all companies of the group. We started with the acquisition department to optimise both the volume and cost of leads. We then integrated this approach to increase the conversion rate on the order forms. We're now working on up-sells/cross-sells and renewals efforts.
After having reviewed Optimizely, Kameleoon, and AB Tasty... we benchmarked the last 2 solutions for 8 weeks. I was already using Kameleoon for a non-profit organization for 18 months but I opted for AB Tasty for an entire commercial group of 9 entities. I was convinced it was the right choice. I'm not the only one today. Provided you solve the minor issues while onboarding staff on the solution for their first tests... they will soon be autonomous. Some are now addicted to A/B testing. The ROI is excellent.
- Increase conversion rate on leadgen pages by more than 22%
- Increase content sharing on social networks for a petition by... 1870% (from 0,5% to almost 10%)
- Increase ratio of recurring/one-shot donations for a non-profit organization by 285% (from 7% to 27%)
- Session recording and heat maps are new features, and they are still below Hotjar capabilities... but Hotjar makes no difference today for versions of an A/B test... so I hope AB Tasty will further enhance those features to catch up.
- Reporting and "insights" are great, but we [wish] AB Tasty could automatically analyze all the segment combinations to bring valuable info (like 8% overall increase but covering +16% on mobile and -2% on PC so we should exclude this segment from this optimized version).
- Overall control on tests to send warnings like "you should not stop this test until it runs for one complete week", or "you should not consider overall performance as it is not stabilized" (when conversion curves are crossing each other so the winning version is not always the same...).
Difficult to handle a lot of content modifications or reorganizations in one single test. Use a new page instead and create a traffic split. Never used the classification of the pages visited during sessions (not well marketed or too complex?).
It helps us :
- To test each optimization before investing in dev
- To personalize our offer for each customer
- No limits - Unlimited tests
- The AB Tasty team - always available and always have a solution
- Code editor (HTML/CSS/JS) for quick fix or test
- The UI to implement a test
- Heatmap (but I know they [are working] on it)
- Page flow in the report part
- Simple interface, easy to use dashboard, reporting, editor and targeting options.
- Ability to test different using the various options they provide such as personalisations, AB test, multiple pages and predictive tests
- Great support form the team to help mazimising efforts and tests.
- Sometimes when you're preparing a test the editor "crashes" and you need to re open it. It's just a matter of having to go back to the main dashboard a few times during your preparation.
- Maybe to have the option to have pre-build templates of pages, buttons and assets that we can use to test experiments.
- A/B and multi veritable testing.
- Screen recording and targeting.
- WYSIWYG editor to create page variations.
- It has somewhat of a steep learning curve, probably due to how robust it is. Takes a while to learn everything.
- Creating reporting and targeting was probably the most difficult part for me.
- Great for testing features that you want to build
- Great for doing quick iterations for feedback
- Great for learning the basics of AB testing
- The user interface is quite clunky and could do with some improvements.
- They could also do a better job onboarding customers with little experience.
- When you want to test functionality that it has prebuilt.
- Text changes and other image changes.
- Where there are several variants which you want to test and allow other parts of the organisation to self-serve.
- Complicated pages such as those behind a login are harder to do and should probably be done a different way.
- Ab tasty helped us to very easily create promotional pop-ups to highlight our gift with purchase operations. It allows us to be very prompt in launching a gift and promoting it.
- We had some refresh to do on our portrait version on tablet, and AB tasty helped us to target the tablet in portrait, and to display a message suggesting to pivot the tablet to have better navigation. It helped us to avoid having to do development to display this message.
- We had really different point of view regarding up-selling banners. AB tasty helped us to create an AB test allowing us to compare conversion rate and average basket with respect to the up-selling banner was displayed or not, and helped us make a decision thanks to concrete results.
- A debugger console is missing, because it is sometimes hard to understand why your personalization is not displaying.
- Clear and easy user environment.
- Quick implementation for new functionality
- Widgets and third party integrations
- Calendar to plan all my content tests, but I think they are working on it.
- High level CRO project audit, but we haven't asked about it, maybe they have this service.
At La Croix, we mostly use AB Tasty as a personalization tool. We have a large number of personalisations to follow the client life cycle. AB Tasty's plugin library is very useful for us.
- Great client support. We have a dedicated optimization consultant that is available for us and help us in the implementation of our tests and personalizations.
- The solution is very user-friendly. Even though the software users need to have some basic knowledge of HTML, the UX is pleasant to use.
- AB Tasty has a great variety of plugins. It is useful when doing marketing actions like pop-ins, expand banners etc.
- There is no easy way to manage the personalization. For example, if test 1 is displayed then test 2 should not. We have to manually exclude tests/personalizations.
- Edition of variations
- Technical set up
- Support and training
- Dashboarding & analyse (confidence rate for all KPI needed)
- No server side
- Impossible to cancel extreme orders which causes perturbation on analysis
- Good tool to start AB testing and become autonomous.
- Some limitations for very advanced features (server side).
It also addresses delivery and time-to-market issues.
- Easy way to transform your winner variant to a personalization.
- Their statistical calculation engine is based on a Bayesian approach.
- Documentation is not very detailed.
- The editor is a bit slow to load.
- A friendly interface - made for the marketing team
- Some scenarios are already programmed in the solution, which helps a lot
- The account manager is really present and provides us with lots of inputs and advices.
- AB Tasty could offer or provide a more technical formation for those who want to use the less common functions.
- AB Tasty could organize once a month a meeting with some of their customers in order to exchange on a subject defined upstream.
- Great graphical user interface
- Unlimited tests can be run
- Fantastic support and developers
- Great pricing structure
- Code editors are simple, reliable and support JS, CSS and HTML
- Feature rich content
- Able to work on almost all dynamic content through GUI
- Needs a way to force users into variations on live browser if not included (I believe it is being worked on).
- Improved heatmap feature (I believe it is being worked on).
- AB Tasty is really easy to learn and use. Our consultants are up and running quickly without the need for heavy training. This is much appreciated when resources and timing are short. Next, they are independent to make change to the client pages. They don’t have to wait for technical validation and deployment, which means they can test and act really quickly for better results.
- Our clients often have very specific test scenarios in mind, which involve targeting users based on different criteria such as their behavior, the traffic source they are coming from … This is something that AB Tasty handles very well with advanced targeting options. We almost can answer positively to all our client requests.
- The AB Tasty support team is fast to answer our requests and its feedback is always valuable. It’s important to have someone we can talk to to get things sorted out quickly without waiting 1 or 2 days. It helps us to be more reactive and get things done right away so we can move to the next topic.
- It’s inherent to most of client-side tools, but testing modifications that impact the client back-office or database is not possible or quite difficult: we have to ask the client to host the technical changes on a new page and then use AB Tasty split mode to redirect users to the correct pages.
- Some user interface details can be made clearer and it lacks some contextual help to avoid having to get back to the help center when you need more information. For instance, the” multi page” options is not intuitive and more explanations on how to use it would be appreciated. We lost some time in exchanges with the support to get it right.
AB Tasty Scorecard Summary
About AB Tasty
AB Tasty aims to help marketers optimise their websites and increase conversion rates through A/B testing, personalization and user engagement. Users can modify pages and create new designs with a visual editor and library of widgets called AB Tasty Engage. Users can apply modifications to their website, read statistically accurate results in real-time and improve the user experience.
AB Tasty has offices in New York, London, Paris, Nantes, Cologne and Madrid to accommodate clients’ need for prompt support in their own languages.
Any type of testing and personalization
Users can display different variations of a design and discover how they compare to the original design. AB Tasty supports all kinds of testing methods, including:
- A/B/n and split testing (classic testing)
- Multivariate testing (combination testing)
- Multipage (funnel testing)
Widget library: AB Tasty Engage
The widget library allows users to add features from scratch, such as pop-ins, surveys, chat functions, countdown banners.
AB Tasty Screenshots
AB Tasty Integrations
AB Tasty Competitors
AB Tasty Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||10%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
AB Tasty Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
AB Tasty Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United Kingdom, Ireland & Nordics, France, Germany, Spain, United States, Australia, China|
|Supported Languages:||English, French, Spanish, German, Deutch, Polish|