Based on 208 reviews and ratings
Loom and Vidyard are both Video platforms that provide marketing teams with tools to engage clients with video content. Loom is most popular with small businesses though it is also used by mid-sized companies. Loom is marketed as a screen and video capture software designed to create high-quality videos. Vidyard is used by businesses of all sizes, though it is most popular with mid-sized organizations. Vidyard is marketed as a video marketing software and includes analytics and video campaign management features.
Loom and Vidyard both include essential video creation features, they have several features that set them apart from each other.
Loom is focused on providing the tools businesses need to create video content easily and for free. Users of Loom are able to create videos through a Google Chrome extension and immediately upload it to Loom for editing and publishing. This efficient process can save businesses time as they don’t need to go through multiple applications to produce and publish their content. Additionally, Loom is very user friendly, to the point that new users with some technical experience may not need training at all.
Vidyard provides businesses with video marketing tools that help them to run video marketing campaigns. Vidyard allows businesses to apply custom branding to their video player and includes CTA’s to funnel traffic from their videos back to their website. Additionally, Vidyard provides analytics in real-time, so marketers can see what users are viewing videos and decide who should be followed up with.
Though Vidyard and Loom both provide excellent video production features, they have a few limitations that are important to consider.
Loom provides simple video creation, but it has less customization than Vidyard offers and doesn’t sport as many integrations with email services. Additionally, Loom doesn’t include marketing tools for campaign scheduling or automation. Loom does include some analytics features, but they are minimal compared to Vidyard’s offering and aren’t available in real-time.
Vidyard provides a powerful suite of video marketing tools but is more complex to use compared to Loom. To take full advantage of Vidyard’s analytics features, more technical users or significant training may be required. Additionally, the process of creating and uploading videos with Vidyard is more time consuming compared to Loom’s rapid content production process.
Loom offers a forever free option that allows for unlimited video recording and uploads. Higher price points include additional features such as a drawing tool, additional analytics features, and branded pages. These advanced packages are not yet available to most businesses, though early access is available for some businesses as well as teachers and students. Pricing for this plan is available from Loom upon request.
Vidyard offers a free pricing tier for users that only need 5 videos at a time. This package is using for users that want to try out Vidyard before committing to a more expensive package. The Pro package costs $15.00 per month and includes unlimited video uploads, though only 20 can be embedded at once. The Starter package costs $150.00 per month and includes video analytics, social media syncing, and a more customizable video player. The Plus package costs $850.00 per month and includes A/B testing for thumbnails, SEO features, and advanced analytics. Vidyard also offers custom pricing for enterprises that have unique needs not included in the other packages.
Provided by the TrustRadius Research Team
Published on May 1, 2020
Likelihood to Recommend
- Integrated right into Chrome - If I want to make a screen-capture video of a particular window in Chrome, I just start the Loom extension from within that window. It automatically records the entire window, my audio, computer audio and/or my video camera. In other words, it makes recording a screen capture video fast and almost automatic.
- I like that it automatically saves it to my Loom account profile and also provides a URL I can send to people. I think the utility of this feature is pretty obvious. The sequence is 1. Start loom 2. click the RECORD button 3. record 4. click the STOP button 5. copy and paste the URL which loom automatically generates.
- The way they have chosen to provide online organizing of my videos is pretty well executed. I can create folders and move related videos into those folders. This becomes really important when you start creating a lot of videos.
- Ease of use. It's immediately available straight from your desktop via Chrome. If it's faster to say it than type it, we use Vidyard.
- Show engagement. We get immediate alerts when the videos are being watched and re-watched. We regularly see Sales Outreach videos being re-watched more than 10 times. Great lead signals!
- The support from the people at Vidyard is great too. Michael has built a great company of really helpful and friendly people.
- Settings could be more configurable - I rarely want my face on the video. Every time I need to turn it off... ideally this could be a setting to have it disabled by default.
- The UI while recording could be improved. I often forget the keyboard shortcuts, and a simpler red button floating on the screen or somethign would be great to stop the recording simply as needed.
- The desktop app (in beta) overrides some standard keyboard shortcuts in OSX, which is frustrating.
- Updating a video within a player shouldn't lose all previous analytics—there should be an option to update the video file with a newer version while retaining previous engagement insights.
- Their UI is confusing to use at first (i.e., duplicating players versus duplicating videos).
- More customization options for the player controls, not just changing the color.
- Bulk actions/templates to change the color or branding across multiple videos at once, instead of one at a time.
Likelihood to Renew
Reliability and Availability
Return on Investment
- We're able to keep hiring managers happier which typically can increase the number of hires we have. That, in turn, increases revenue. Happy hiring managers also mean more renewals of partnerships
- We're able to get information to the hiring manager quicker, which can lead to quicker hiring times, which means more money to use faster.
- Vidyard gives us visibility and control over our videos that free solutions don't offer.
- We are able to trigger other marketing campaigns based on the results we see from Vidyard, which we weren't able to do before
- Figuring out the exact value is not as easy as it should be because of the way you pull reports from Vidyard.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Loom Editions & Modules
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Vidyard Editions & Modules
|Vidyard GoVideo Pro||$803|
|Vidyard GoVideo for Teams||Custom3|
- per month
- per installation
- per seat