Mixmax Reviews

June 15, 2021
Mallory Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Overall, it is far the most advanced and
modernized tool for email handling, sending automated emails, one-click meetings, and email tracking. I am personally very much in their favor as they are still
helping me to be productive at work by cutting down my work at the company. I
would recommend this software to others businesses to have this in the workspace and
forgets about email managing and tracking.
  • I have been using this platform in my company to handling the email tracking and engaging with the emails, it is far most the best help that I can have to actually do my work to great extent.
  • It helps me to create a pool in my own email inbox instead of creating in one system and then transferring it to others.
  • It also has amazing feature which is totally automated.
  • The main drawback that Mixmax has is that their outbox toll is not yet functional.
  • I have been using this software for a very long time but it is still the same, there is no share availability available to have updates in real-time on the calendar.
  • Outbox is not intuitive and responsive to some emails and keeps changing the time when it gets refreshes every time.
Mixmax is a fully functional automated customer
communication experience platform available for the businesses to have the best
relationship with their clients or customers. Robust workflow to engage emails, email tracking, one-click meeting schedules, pre-made templates and
dialer everything is perfect and up to mark to use and increase the business to
the next level.
Read Mallory Robinson's full review
May 28, 2021
Vinh Trinh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently used by the sales department to monitor open and click rates of our emails. It also syncs to Salesforce as an activity so there is always a history to review.
  • Syncs to SFDC as an activity
  • Tracks email open/click rates
  • Schedule emails for future dates to send
  • Would love if their calendar links can be integrated with Google Meets
Love this product! I had to fight to get it back - highly recommend. It's always reliable and is always on compared to other solutions we used in the past.
Read Vinh Trinh's full review
August 21, 2020

With MixMax it is possible for me to track the mails I send to my customers. It is also great that the mail does not look like a newsletter but like a real mail. The mails are simply sent from Gmail. You can track the opening, reply and click on links.

It allows me to see how well my mails are received.

• Personal Mailings
  • Sequences
  • Tracking
  • Funnels
With MixMax it is possible for me to write several mails without them looking like a newsletter and not ending up directly in the spam folder.
The support from Mixmax is very good, you get an answer within 1-2 hours.
February 19, 2020
Brennan Quinn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mixmax is being used by our Sales organization to effectively nurture current customers. Mixmax reminders allow me to keep tabs on the conversations I am having with my accounts and prevent anything from slipping through the cracks. I regularly use Mixmax events to easily share my availability via email and allow customers to book time with me at their convenience. This feature really cuts down on the back and forth that can take place while trying to tie down a time to meet. I use Mixmax sequences when reaching out to prospect accounts or trying to engage current customers.
  • Provides an easy method to book calendar events via email.
  • Keeps me on top of my inbox with its reminder feature.
  • I am satisfied.
For what I use Mixmax for...mostly account management and outbound prospecting, it is fantastic.
I have not engaged with support directly. There was one instance where Mixmax was not syncing with Gmail but it was resolved within a few hours.
Read Brennan Quinn's full review
January 29, 2020
Mixmax is being used by our sales department to create useful templates to send out to prospects and also create sequences to send out multiple emails to current clients to up-sell them. It solves the business problem of having to write out emails to each prospect. This saves time and energy for our sales department to reach a multitude of businesses.
  • Sequencing - This helps by setting up multiple touchpoints through email with ease of use.
  • Creating unique meeting buttons that are sleek and easy to use for our clients.
  • The LinkedIn function is no longer working but I reached out to Mixmax and they are looking to fix it.
  • You are not able to delete a stage in a sequence after it is already in use.
Mixmax has helped me because about 60% of my job is prospecting and reaching out to clients. This can be very time consuming if you are creating individualized emails to each business. However, with the sequencing effect, I can send out multiple touchpoints in one click. I have all my templates in one area and the meeting button is a lifesaver.
Every time I have reached out to Mixmax I automatically get an email from a trained professional who has perfect insight into my issue with an understandable reason to why I am having and issue offers me a solution. The wait time is only around 5 minutes and they are always offering sympathy in certain situations.
January 10, 2019
Fedor Paretsky | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MixMax for email campaigning automation, tracking email read receipts, scheduling meetings through their miscellaneous email integrations, and for sending large batches of emails in integrals with certain templates. Mixmax also helps us track deal flow, basic statistics for deal flow, and making sure our other CRM software is in-sync with our email.
  • The scheduling integration is really easy for email recipients. It is quite literally one-click for them to schedule an event from a meeting time list interface.
  • The interface is extremely well-designed and intuitive across the board. This makes it really easy to learn their software and integrate it into your workflow.
  • Their pricing is *extremely* convenient for startups. Their "starter" plan is extremely affordable (currently $9/month/user), and includes unlimited tracking, templates, reminders, automation, etc... Basically, everything you would need to upgrade your email automation workflow.
  • No mobile integrations I know of yet. If you're sending emails from a third-party client, you lose the Mixmax tracking capability.
  • The installation was a bit difficult sometimes, and I've sometimes had some emails get sorted as spam possibly because of the Mixmax tracking.
  • There aren't that many CRM integration options right now, so it's not compatible with all companies.
  • There were some conflicts with using other CRM options at the same time, but they were quickly resolved.
A great, affordable option for startups that are looking for *just* email automation, read receipts, campaigning, and general enhancement. This provides a fairly comprehensive marketing kit for early-stage startups doing sales. For larger companies that are experimenting with different CRM options, it makes sense to purchase a more contemporary CRM option, like HubSpot, because everything works together very well rather than trying to make Mixmax work with an already-existing CRM option.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
November 24, 2018
Brandon Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer
I got introduced to Mixmax from a former colleague and have now used it for 2 years. There are a handful of other coworkers who currently use it as well. It helps me stay on top of tasks with outside business contacts, track email opens, and link clicks. The software saves me time from searching through email to find important messages and stay organized.
  • Mixmax notifies me the second someone opens an email or clicks a link I've sent them.
  • If I cannot respond to a particular email in the moment, the reminder feature lets me set a specific day and time to be reminded.
  • The support team has been very quick to respond to any issues.
  • On occasion, Mixmax fails to sync to my email and I've had to reach out to support to remedy the issue.
  • Offering "link click tracking" for the lowest plan would be great for users, especially those new to the software so they can realize more of the benefits.
  • For the lower plan, I wish email opens were able to be tracked when sending to multiple people in the same email.
Mixmax is well suited for business people who deal heavily with email every single day. That is because it comes equipped with email open tracking, click tracking, a "remind" feature and much more. For people who don't have Gmail (it syncs with Gmail) then it would not be appropriate. Or, for people that do use Gmail, but are not heavy email users, then Mixmax would not be a recommended solution.
Read Brandon Weaver's full review
November 18, 2018
Zach Ettelman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mixmax is used in our organization by both our sales and marketing teams. Our sales team uses the tool as a way to send all of our outbound messages based on our account-based strategies for reaching our target prospects. We automate email outreach drips using MixMax. Our marketing team uses MixMax to automate outbound campaigns for linkbuilding. Similarly to how sales uses MixMax, our marketing team is uploading contacts and mapping out content as part of a sequence.
  • MixMax is a great email tracking tool, giving you insight into who opens, interacts, and replies to your email messages.
  • MixMax is a great productivity tool for outbound campaigns. The ability to upload a list, plan out content as part of a sequence, and then manage the members of the sequence group saves me a lot of time and it seamlessly integrates with my CRM.
  • MixMax integrates with multiple tools in our martech stack. I can set up notifications in Slack based on triggers I establish in MixMax. This makes staying on top of my email messages much easier.
  • MixMax's base package could improve by having tasks. This feature is only available in enterprise tiers, which is unfortunate if you have a 1-2 person marketing team and want to improve productivity.
  • It would be great if MixMax offered more customization around triggers and actions within a sequence. If I could add in a new sequence within an existing sequence based on an action a recipient takes, that would be very helpful.
  • I would love if MixMax integrated with LinkedIn Sales Navigator for a seamless transition from saved leads in LinkedIn being populated in MixMax.
MixMax is well suited for small businesses, startups, and small marketing teams (under 10 people). The tool has the most value for companies wanting to streamline outbound email strategies, but can also be used by anyone looking for a simple, intuitive email tracking tool. MixMax's Enterprise may be well-suited for companies ranging from 250-500 people, but I would not recommend it to companies with 500 or more employees.
Read Zach Ettelman's full review
February 05, 2019
Chelsea Baldwin | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's a great tool for integrating scheduling directly into emails with clients - rather than having to send them to a 3rd party platform. It allows it all to be done from within the client's inbox, which helps us make sure we don't miss out on important discovery calls with potential clients.
  • Integrating with Google Calendar.
  • Making sure you're not double-booked.
  • Tracking email opens.
  • At times, users have time zone confusion.
It's really great for small agencies who work with a small, but high-quality client list. It makes scheduling easier, but also means you don't have to subscribe to lots of excess software tools since this integrates directly into Gmail.

It's probably not best for coaches or people who are constantly scheduling back-to-back calls every single day... you may want another tool for that.
Read Chelsea Baldwin's full review
December 20, 2018
Jannah Babasa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mixmax is essentially being used by everyone in the entire organization. On the recruiting side, the ability to have a wide variety of templates plus the ability to follow-up automatically have been crucial to staying productive and efficient even with a lean team. On the leadership side, Mixmax allows targeted email campaigns to be sent out and the new logic features enable more customization. Overall, this has been a great value-add.
  • Ability to track emails - this data is invaluable
  • Reminder feature allows items to resurface at a much more convenient time
  • Sequencing follow-ups
  • Continuously growing integrations
  • Additional solutions are quite expensive for smaller businesses
  • Interface is a bit buggy sometimes, both on e-mail and directly on the main hub
I can't think of a situation within a business wherein Mixmax would not be able to add value in some capacity.
Read Jannah Babasa's full review
December 06, 2018
Sundeep Gopal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Mixmax is used across our Sales and Marketing teams because of the kind of insights it gives us about the deliverability of the emails and also the open & click rates. We had used some platforms in the past which didn't solve any purpose because they were either hard to use or they were not providing better deliverability. However, Mixmax with its easy to use platform and easily readable UI is extremely efficient.
  • Mixmax provides better deliverability of emails and this is great.
  • It has a very good integration with Gmail and Salesforce which helps us a lot and make our work very easy.
  • Mixmax is easy to use with its great UI.
  • Setting up email sequences is easy
  • MixMax's reports are easy to read and they give good insights
  • I am a great fan of Mixmax, and as far as I see it, they are doing a great job. I can't really think of any missing functionality
Mixmax can be used to schedule sequences and it is very easy to use. There is no learning curve involved. It also provides an extension on Chrome, which comes in very handy if you have G Suite. Overall a brilliant product.
Read Sundeep Gopal's full review
November 26, 2018
Vincent Tobiaz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Where do I begin. It does everything of these tools do - Calendly, Boomerang, Gmail Snooze, Email Analytics, Templates, Sequences but better and is super customizable plus with custom branding.
  • Send mails and reminding you of emails later with options if no reply/or even if they replied
  • Scheduling on calendars
  • The best point - how it has options to insert media, of any type, videos, polls, click to auto schedule calendars, maps, links and more - so clean, and nice looking.
  • It's a bit costly for multi-users and to remove branding and get the higher features outside of send mail later/see who opens your email. I think it would fly like hotcakes at a full-featured version at like the $30 price point. I still think it is worth its' value, but it's not something I'd distribute to entire team not knowing if they would use it much or not.
If you run a business, or are a director or manager, this is the tool that takes away all other tools.
Read Vincent Tobiaz's full review
November 26, 2018
Rustin Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
Was great, still very good.

MixMax greatly enhances email communications over Gmail/Gsuite by combining many features you might find in other add-ons, into one very slick interface. Features are too many to list in this review, but we use embedded PDFs, images, tables; templating, sequences and several other offerings daily. There is also email tracking, team tracking, etc. MixMax has brought our email communications to another level.
  • Embedded PDFs, PowerPoint and images ... provides the recipient a much improved experience.
  • Link thumb-nailing ... here again an improved experience for the recipient and great branding opportunity for the sender.
  • UI ... This is where most offerings fail. MixMax has spent a lot of time making their offering easy to use and intuitive to learn.
  • MixMax appears to be overly focused on enterprise and Salesforce customers. One of their latest offerings, phone dialing, is price prohibitive for small business; and many of their existing features appear to me to be Salesforce only.
  • MixMax does not announce and document new features as often or as well as I would like.
  • MixMax's pace of feature release appears to me to have slowed from when they started. It may be because I run a smaller business that I'm just not the audience they're targeting for new features.
  • It would be great to see MixMax continue to add value for existing customers.
If you're not running G Suite, Salesforce or Gmail --- I don't think it's for you.
Support is rapid and well informed.
Read Rustin Ross's full review
November 24, 2018
We use Mixmax for sales prospecting email analytics and to send mass quantities of mail merged emails. It gives us useful click data and saves us time.
  • Mail Merge
  • Sales Email Analytics
  • Sales Team Management
  • Customer Support
  • Sequence interface can be buggy
  • Great if you use G Suite for business.
  • Not compatible with Outlook.

What is Mixmax?

Mixmax offers a sales engagement product that includes a host of sales email tracking tools, gmail inbox integration, CRM integration with Salesforce, integrations with multiple communication channels such as SMS and twitter, automated sales sequencing, and the ability to personalize messages at scale.

This product is billed annually and priced on a monthly subscription model, per user. Mixmax’s starter package is $9/mo. per user with their most expensive non-enterprise plan costing $49/mo. per user. Both their small business and growth packages (priced at $24/mo. and $49/mo. per user, respectively) include a 14 day free trial period. Prices for enterprise level plans are available upon request.