Likelihood to Recommend
Pivotal Tracker is a great value for the money. If you're strapped for cash and have to work with smaller budgets, this is the right app for you. The support team is great and responsive and the product is easy to pick up and use for your team. It's great to have visibility on your product backlog.
Program Manager in Product ManagementHuman Resources Company, 11-50 employees
- Pivotal Tracker helps our team visualize our projects in the form of stories (virtual cards) moving through our workflow. This encourages us to break down projects into manageable chunks and have important conversations about deliverables and scope.
- The forced-prioritization allows our team to have a shared understanding about what is most important and make collective decisions about what our team will work on next.
- By dividing future iterations by our team's velocity, Pivotal Tracker accurately predicts when we will complete future work.
- Categorization of Stories. It would be nice to have the ability to create our own custom categories on top of the backlog, ice box and my work sections.
- Time lines; although we can put in stars for level of difficulty; it would be more beneficial if we can add in due dates, benchmarks and time lines into the system. This would allow us to easily calculate projects and the resource allocation.
- Reports; although we can export and review our history, it would be nice to have the ability to pull reports on progress, % of story completion, and success rate.
Likelihood to Renew
Pivotal Tracker 10.0
Based on 1 answer
I love the simplicity, non-configurability, and price/performance of this tool. Hands down my favorite project management tool for agile.
Project Manager in Information TechnologyInformation Technology and Services Company, 11-50 employees
Pivotal Tracker 6.0
Based on 1 answer
It works good enough. I didn't have many problems with that. The user interface is a bit confusing though. The team took some time to understand where some configurations were.
Pivotal Tracker 7.0
Based on 5 answers
I truthfully have an indifferent experience about the support of Pivotal Tracker which is why I'm giving it a 5. I know it has been around for quite some time and has a good reputation in the industry but I personally have not found myself in a situation where I felt the support was positive or negative.
Engineer in EngineeringInternet Company, 201-500 employees
Compared to other task management tools, Pivotal Tracker has the best blend of functionality and cost. When you need something simpler than JIRA, and not solely focused on code or UI related tasks like BugHerd, and have a more direct approach to completing tasks than Trello - I would recommend Pivotal Tracker.
Return on Investment
- Our software development team and customers are not colocated, so Pivotal Tracker saves us time and money by supporting web-based access to our projects, allowing devs and end-users to collaborate remotely, and asynchronously as required.
- Pivotal Tracker's "all in one place" accessibility helps us to avoid rework by centralizing our tasks, bugs, and user stories.
- Being a cloud-based product, Pivotal Tracker gives our organization the ability to run a sophisticated project management system without having to pay for the infrastructure or staff that a home-grown system would require.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?