Overall Satisfaction with Pivotal Tracker
Currently, Pivotal tracker is being used by my graphics and technology department to track their work tasks on their day to day work. We have been able to successfully monitor and track work to ensure there are no dropped or missed items. Currently, we are looking into expanding to use this software with our support service team to track additional client work. At this moment, the difficulty in expanding this software across our entire business is the fluidity of categorizing stories to look for matches in the system.
- Track Projects; this system allows you to create multiple projects for different large tasks. This is easily labeled and displayed for ease of use and identifying.
- Multi-user assignment; I can assign a task to multiple team members at a time. This works well when they are working together to make a deadline and letting everyone in the team know where they are at.
- History tracking; When it came down to auditing time, the history tracking and exporting has been a fantastic tool. We were able to export our notes into a readable Excel format for documentation submission.
- Categorization of Stories. It would be nice to have the ability to create our own custom categories on top of the backlog, ice box and my work sections.
- Time lines; although we can put in stars for level of difficulty; it would be more beneficial if we can add in due dates, benchmarks and time lines into the system. This would allow us to easily calculate projects and the resource allocation.
- Reports; although we can export and review our history, it would be nice to have the ability to pull reports on progress, % of story completion, and success rate.
- Pivotal Tracker has been a cost-effective solution for what we need. It has allowed our ROI to be greater than if we went with another system.
- Learning curve; with this easy to use tool, it has been a shorter learning curve for new hires to find what they need to accomplish their task.
- Flexibility; we are right now stuck at 4 levels of classification; project; Story, Task, Comments. If we were able to expand on this, we would be able to role this out faster to other departments within our business.
We have had employees in the past look at Drupal, and other open source project management tools to assist in our needs. Unfortunately each solution took too much time to implement, design and configure that we could not stop the work we were doing for clients to complete a full set up of a project tracker. Thankfully Pivotal is a predefined solution with no configuration needed. Simply input your projects, design your Stories with Tasks and begin your tracking.
When working with a new team member, some of the first questions we are always asked is "What can I do next?" with the use of this tool, we have our new tech hires review pivotal for all outstanding work; assign to them what they believe they can handle and make an attempt. This has let us known what is being worked on and where difficulties and training is needed within our organization.