Hoopla Reviews

October 21, 2020
Jeremy Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Working at a college, we have various departments that use Hoopla. Primarily the library but we have some others that utilize it for employees. I believe Hoopla helps minimize the mundane daily tasks we have in the work environment. As far as business problems, I think Hoopla helps solve some of the issues we face with employee dissatisfaction. I enjoy listening to a good book and having this option during the work day has been incredible for me, especially this year during COVID with very little interaction with fellow employees.
  • Wide selection
  • Always has new content
  • Gives great new suggestions
  • Some older content is sometimes hard to find
  • Newer top sellers are usually not available right away
  • Hard to find complete series
Hoopla has been a great go to for those quiet days in the office. Before COVID, I spent a lot of time collaborating with co-workers in the office. With the limited in person interactions, I have used Hoopla a lot. COVID was definitely a great scenario to use Hoopla. For people that are currently having a lot of in-person interaction, it may not be the best option because I have found that I can get very into an e-book and then not notice someone at my door.
I’m giving it an 8 because I think it is a great product but I think there is a little room for improvement. Hoopla contains a great database of books to listen to or read that I have thoroughly enjoyed, but I think they could invest a little more into their selection and or give the option for users to get books added that aren’t.
Read Jeremy Anderson's full review
September 18, 2020
My organization uses Hoopla in order to create a gamification structure of sales. It keeps things interesting by creating leaderboards thereby leading to increased amounts of competitive behavior across the entire organization.
  • Identifying successes
  • Identifying failures
  • Motivating employees
  • Could be integrated with other systems
  • User interface improvements
  • Update regularity
Hoopla creates a better environment for identifying and fixing failures and identifying great successes that should be celebrated. It is not super well suited for small organizations that do not need that level of competitiveness in order to motivate sales.
Overall support for Hoopla is extremely high quality. The online assistance is so helpful. Whenever you have any issues, they are there for you. Hoopla's phone assistance is also very good quality. I have not had to use it very often. However, whenever I have used it they have been very prompt, efficient, and helpful.
March 13, 2020
Brendan O'Neil | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hoopla is being used by the Sales and Marketing teams across an entire floor of our office. Today we use it to show leaderboards for team activity goals, revenue goals and to alert the team of any won opportunities (people love that). These help the team feel the momentum building throughout the day/week/month and fuel a friendly, competitive spirit within the teams.
  • Easy setup for management and for employees.
  • Helps boost moral of the team in the office.
  • It grabs everyone's attention by really encouraging engaging alerts (walk-up songs etc).
  • I wish it ran in a browser and not as a full Chrome app, would have made setup easier.
  • It was nice to have default images out of the box, more would have been nice.
  • For smaller companies, it can get pricy, quick. We 100% see the ROI to be clear.
For teams that have group goals and individual goals, it is a great way to celebrate the wins and keep people in the loop, passively. Our team loves that when the audio kicks in you can tell who just did something awesome by recognizing their walk-up song or video etc. I would not use this on a floor that tried to minimize audio or talking at all, this is meant to get people clapping and talking. Energy booster.
We have had no problems and, therefore, have not needed to really lean on anyone for support other than referencing the Help Center. Having the Help Center has been a great way for our team to check best practices and troubleshoot for any and all issues we might run into (which have been really limited).
Read Brendan O'Neil's full review
November 07, 2019
Jared Wacht | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hoopla for Sales Rep Standings and gamification.
  • Visual Graphics - The channel displays are great once you get them set up the way you want. Reps love the big deal alerts!
  • Content Management - Allows for custom content and has great OOB content for display.
  • It should allow for admins to maintain multiple instances and have unique logins.
Hoopla's channels, alerts, and displays motivate the reps to sell more and compete with each other.
We've never had an issue they didn't resolve promptly.
Read Jared Wacht's full review
February 28, 2020
We use Hoopla for our sales teams and client success team. We display our channels across TVs in the office, and they rotate through a variety of slides featuring number of schedules, number of presentations, number of enrollments, percentage to our monthly quota, etc. The team also uses it to challenge each other in "face-offs" to hit a certain amount of MRR.
  • Engagement
  • Product Support
  • Modern Look
  • Interface is hard to use
  • Lots of issues with audio projection
I think Hoopla is a good product for sales teams in particular because typically salespeople are highly competitive and driven to meet concrete goals. By allowing them to see these on a board that is updating in real time, it keeps the mentality right in the office.
I have really enjoyed my relationship with our client success manger, Annette. She is always willing to hop on a call for a quick question and is very responsive. She has taken the time to walk me through how to upload new reports, set up new metrics and leaderboards, while also being helpful in setting up a new channel to broadcast.
February 12, 2020
Hoopla is used across our entire sales organization to track and monitor sales reps production along with their KPI’s on a weekly, monthly and quarterly level. It broadcasts clear stack rankings for our top producing reps along with flash notifications to recognize sales reps for accomplishing a sale or securing a product demo. Seems clear stack rankings help motivate the reps to produce at a higher rate because they want to see their names at the top of the list.
  • Recognition
  • Competitive culture
  • Export functionality for reports and graphs.
  • The Update Contest feature to allow more head to head or team to team challenges.
We saw an immediate impact on our sales organization after implementing Hoopla. The reps were more motivated and driven to complete tasks and that drove still sales behavior we wanted. It definitely changed our sales culture and made reps more competitive as they wanted to see their name in the first place. The one thing I would like to change is for the tool to become more and user-friendly to create more channels. I feel there are some limitations when it comes to training admins of the tool.
The support is good. We don’t lean on them much now that it’s implemented which is nice but I think they can do a better job of touching base and helping us implement new features and functionality to make sure we’re getting the most out of the tool. I also sent think some training some tutorials or some sort of certification for admins would be great.
September 11, 2015
Brett Honerkamp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Hoopla to report anything and everything we use salesforce.com to do. That includes lead tracking and scoring, new sales business development, managing existing business and client success, and scoring our case response rate/success rate that we use for product support. That means four different departments in our company can be scored and highlighted in our instance of Hoopla. It is helping us to highlight our leaders and best successes in every one of those categories. It helps to spur a competitive mindset in our individuals. It helps to communicate success to everyone in the company. It helps keep individuals focused on the right steps (leading indicators) of success.
  • Simple leaderboards that stack rank individuals in the areas that you want to measure
  • Instant notifications and providing the virtual "pat on the back" when something positive occurs
  • Effective salesforce.com integration that makes in easy to administer
  • Great user community to share ideas, tips, and best practices
  • Minimal "off the shelf" backgrounds and transitions between slides
  • Very focused on the sports theme, and ESPN style gamification. I would like to see more options that are business minded, but this is really what they are so it is tough to ask for that.
  • Administration interface is simple to use, but involves a lot of clicking and saving to see what you are building in action. They suggest an easy test page which works, but when you have the final version of what you need, you have to recreate it in your live feed.
The Hoopla solution is ideal for a sales team that is high paced, young, and excited by winning at all levels. It is great for an inside sales environment, which I have, but I am not sure how valuable it would be for a field sales organization. I do like the mobile app, and field sellers would have to get used to looking at it. The value of the TVs (I have 5) on the wall displaying the leaderboards would be missed.
Read Brett Honerkamp's full review
September 23, 2015
Joe Pappalardo | TrustRadius Reviewer
Influitive uses Hoopla to motivate salespeople and it provides visibility for the rest of our organization. Salespeople find it motivating and it brings our Salesforce.com instance to life.
  • Provides awareness and visibility across all Influitive locations
  • Gamification breeds competition and promotes camaraderie
  • Great way to ensure instant gratification and reward for significant salesforce.com accomplishments
  • None
Understand what your goals are or the things you would like to broadcast and promote. Ensure they are maintainable, actionable, and rewarding to your team. REMEMBER, involve the sales organization when defining your Hoopla installation.
Read Joe Pappalardo's full review
March 17, 2015
Chantal Rapport | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hoopla was a great tool to get our sales team competitive. It was being used across the organization to keep the sales team and product team aligned, and to get the entire company really rallied behind sales. This is a great way to unite the company for one common goal. As a user and administrator, the tool is very easy to use. Its customization allows teams to have some fun with different games and challenges you can set up. I have seen other products that are boring, and sales or call center teams just let them go on in the background without giving them much attention. Hoopla really has found a user-friendly engaging tool.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Customization.
  • Game features are complicated to set up; had to call Hoopla to walk me through it.
  • More customization in the games would be great.
  • The ability for users to check any leaderboard or page they would like to see, instead of waiting for the whole scroll to go through.
Hoopla is well suited for a sales culture that is competitive with a drive to beat quota.
Read Chantal Rapport's full review
May 26, 2015
Nichole Jarzab Hunter | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hoopla is being used widely with our sales team. The sales tips and tricks are very helpful!
  • Interactive
  • Tips and tricks
  • Hoopla needs to reduce the turn around rate on points
Read Nichole Jarzab Hunter's full review
April 28, 2015
Jonathan Braden | TrustRadius Reviewer
Where to start! Hoopla single handedly drives competitiveness at Influitive. The display of daily metrics combined with a very "in your face" recognition of rep's success really inspires the team at Influitive. The competition feature always results in a spike in activity and is a great way to get us reps to work harder without even realizing it!
  • Recognizing reps for their success and giving them their one minute of fame is amazing. Not only does it give said rep the praise they deserve but it reminds the other reps that they need to step up their game!
  • It wouldn't hurt if the recognition songs could last longer than one minute!
Companies who operate with an inside sales/SDR model cannot afford to ignore Hoopla. It adds a great sense of engagement/fun to the daily slog of making an insane number of dials :)
Read Jonathan Braden's full review
March 16, 2015
Mike Massimi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Simply your sales team's best friend, there is nothing more powerful than to ensure that the team gets feedback and headboard in real time! An amazing support for all the management and sales team, tracking activity, boosting motivation and challenges. A must have for all Salesforce users. Hoopla is brilliant!
  • Leaderboard.
  • Real time data.
  • Games, challenges and contest.
  • Background design.
  • More SmartTV compatible.
Hoopla should be on every sales organisation screen/TV!
Read Mike Massimi's full review

What is Hoopla?

Hoopla is a cloud based sales motivation application, available on the Salesforce AppExchange, that tracks and motivates sales teams to focus on and perform the key activities that lead to sales success and CRM adoption. Hoopla is native to the Salesforce platform, so users can create sales contests, games and leaderboards based on any Salesforce metric. Updates are streamed live on any TV, mobile or desktop screen throughout a company.