Mailbutler

Mailbutler Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Mailbutler is a plug-in for Apple's macOS Mail client that adds some very helpful features that I use regularly. Most notably, I use it to add a delay to the sending of emails (currently ten seconds) and to be able to determine whether an email has been opened by its recipient(s).

Having a short delay when sending can be very helpful as I occasionally think of something I meant to add after clicking "send". In these cases, I'm able to cancel the send, make the required changes, and then initiate a new send.

Being able to track recipient opens can be very helpful for making sure that important emails have been received and not lost in a spam/other filter or buried in the recipient's high email volume.

There are some other features that I make use of, albeit less frequently. For example, if I mention the word "attachment" and don't attach anything to the email, Mailbutler will ask me if I intended to include an attachment.
  • The features that Mailbutler introduces blend seamlessly with the Mail app's own features.
  • The iOS/iPadOS app can be used to monitor email opens and can be configured to send emails with delivery tracking on iOS/iPadOS.
  • Mailbutler occasionally conflicts with other macOS Mail plug-ins. Though, in most (if not all) cases the issue tends to be with other plugins.
  • The Mail app for iOS/iPadOS doesn't support plugins, making it necessary to use Mailbutler's own app to access a limited subset of the functionality on macOS/iPadOS.
Mailbutler is well suited to people who predominantly use their Mac for email. It adds a rich feature set to macOS Mail's native features.

Mailbutler is less useful to people who frequently process email on iOS/iPadOS. Only a limited subset of Mailbutler's functionality is available on iOS/iPadOS as Apple doesn't currently provide a way for third parties to extend the iOS/iPadOS Mail app.
Support is generally very good. Occasionally the response time is a bit slower than I'd like.
I am the only person in my organization, to my knowledge, who is using Mailbutler. It helps me address the ever-present "overflowing inbox" problem by helping convert emails to tasks, "snooze" emails for later response, see if my emails have been opened, cancel a sent email, and avoid the dreaded "forgotten attachment" symptom.
  • Snoozing emails for later response or followup
  • Reminding me to add attachments
  • Allowing time for me to cancel sending an email
  • I really have no suggestions for improvement. Mailbutler does exactly what I need it to do.
Mailbutler is great for people who want to practice "zero inbox," because you can "snooze" emails for later response or action. The task feature is also very useful, as it allows me to make note of what action needs to be taken in regards to each email. In general, it helps me be far more efficient in my email communication.

Mailbutler Scorecard Summary

What is Mailbutler?

Mailbutler is a personal assistant for sales emails, designed to make users more efficient and productive. It adds a wide range of features to Apple Mail and Gmail while working in their native interface.

Mailbutler Features

• Supported: Send Later: Write emails now, send them later
  • Supported: Email Tracking: See what happens to emails after they are sent
  • Supported: Signatures: Appear more professional by using a beautiful email signature
  • Supported: Message Template
  • Supported: Follow-up Reminder
  • Supported: Snooze
  • Supported: Cloud Upload: Upload email attachments to the cloud to keep messages feather-light
  • Supported: Unsubscribe
  • Supported: Attachment Reminder: Never forget to attach files to emails again
  • Supported: Undo Send: Retract messages after having pressed "Send"
  • Supported: Emails to Notes: Easily create notes (e.g. in Evernote) from emails

Mailbutler Screenshots