Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) Reviews

Robyn Mays | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

Really simple to use!

I use Wunderlist for myself. It is a fantastic app to use for project management for yourself or small teams. I love how much it can do while still being so simple.
  • Document Mangagement
  • Team Collaboration
  • Project Management
  • It may be too simple for some people. However, that is why I love it.
  • No reporting
  • No Gantt Charts
Wunderlist is great for individuals and small teams and those who like simple software that does what you need them to do without adding any unnecessary features.
Read Robyn Mays's full review
April 07, 2020

Have tasks to complete? Wunderlist is what you need!

Wunderlist is a fantastic way to keep track of tasks which need to be completed. As far as I am aware, it is used solely within my department. It is great because we can record a "backlog" of tasks to complete. We then mark with a star the tasks to be completed that day.
  • The app has very low overhead, both in the desktop and on mobile devices.
  • It is easy to categorize tasks by the assigned user.
  • By commenting on tasks items, it is easy to communicate across an entire team.
  • It would be great if Wunderlist synchronized with Outlook email and calendaring.
  • Wunderlist should provide for allowing identifying lists with different colors.
  • Wunderlist should allow marking lists with icons.
Wunderlist is well-suited for short-term, small, well-defined tasks. In those instances it is fantastic! I would not consider it for complex project management.
February 11, 2020

Easy to Use, Effortless Organization

Wunderlist is used across the whole organization. It is an easy way to share important tasks on different projects as well as check in on what has already been done/or that which has yet to be done. In this way, it addresses miscommunication across teams ensuring that everyone is on the same page and can see updates in real-time.
  • It creates a wonderful structure for different unrelated tasks to be visible and accessible. This means it's easy to designate information into different areas and flows intuitively when you either have to input more tasks or find a past one.
  • The ability to allocate tasks to other members of a team means that there can be updates in real-time on different lists which is a real godsend when trying to figure out where a project is at.
  • The integration of different lists with due dates around similar times into one place [the Today List] is super helpful in giving you an overview of what needs to be done. This also ensures that a to-do doesn't get lost somewhere.
  • An easier way to input time and dates when entering in information on the fly would be an appreciated additive.
  • A more streamlined desk pop up of today tasks that comes up with the little 'add task pop up'. This would help focus in on daily tasks quicker than going into the application each time.
  • The ability to customize your own background, font size and color would be a lovely add-on
Wunderlist is well suited for professional and casual needs; anywhere someone wishes to outline what needs to be done in an ordered and efficient way. It is less appropriate if you rely heavily on a calendar, etc. as you will have to manually input information from one platform to the other.
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Pretty Good For Your Personal To Dos

I first started using Wunderlist as a simple way to keep track of my own tasks and to-dos. I loved the interface and the icon design, so it made it fun to open the app and interact with it. I use it mostly personally and recommend it to many other executives I work with. It helps keep me organized and remind me of all the tasks I need to accomplish in a day/week/month.
  • Setting Up Tasks
  • Simple Mobile Interface
  • Many project management and CRM tools now also handle to-dos.
  • It's been acquired by Microsoft. The shutter is near.
I think it's great for managing and syncing to-dos across platforms. It's perfect for personal use, but I've run into trouble when trying to use it for business when other programs are better suited for project task management as part of a bigger workflow. But if I want to make sure I call Susan back, this is my goto.
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
Joel Tanzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Possibly the last task manager you will ever need

I use Wunderlist in my work and life to manage tasks or checklists of items across a broad range of applications. Many will see Wunderlist is another to-do list app and it does serve that function, but within my own business (a sole proprietorship) I use it to manage projects, keep track of important tasks and set reminders for what needs doing by a deadline.
  • Managing projects and tasks.
  • Setting reminders for important dates or deadlines.
  • Limited options regarding appearance (themes, backgrounds).
  • No "preview" view option for tasks in lists.
Wunderlist really excels at task management and deadline reminders. It makes it very easy to quickly input tasks, assign a due date, and have it notify you when its time to get to work on some task. It synchronizes across your desktop and mobile devices for quick and easy access to your lists wherever you may be. It excels as a way to manage personal or professional tasks and lists (think your daily to-dos or grocery list) and to a limited extent as a project management tool.
Read Joel Tanzi's full review
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

Wunderlist - good to get started but not for groups or power users

I use Wunderlist individually at my current organization, but it was deployed team-wide in my previous position. We used it to manage all projects, delegate tasks, determine workload and assignments and communicate on status. It helped us avoid unnecessary emails and maintained a more accurate picture of the status of a task without meetings or verbal confirmation.
  • Sync - we never have an issue with tasks or comments showing up across teams or platforms.
  • Cross platform - works and looks the same on Android, iOS, Mac, and PC.
  • Subtasks - there is little detail in subtasks, and they are very limited therefore, no due dates, comments, etc.
  • Due Dates - particularly more complex recurring dates (every 3rd Tuesday, every May 1st) aren't possible.
Wunderlist is excellent for a single individual looking to manage their workload. Still, it doesn't have the features for a full team or for management to get a simple snapshot of overall status and bandwidth. If it had the ability to next tasks, even that would provide miles better support for managing real complex projects.
Read Paul Weber's full review
Mark Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 02, 2020

A Solid To Do List and Task Manager

We use Wunderlist to create and share task lists for all different types of projects from individual, personal projects to team oriented projects.
  • To do list
  • Task tracking/management
  • Siri integration would be helpful
  • Adding Wunderlist to Car Play with Siri would be fantastic
Wunderlist is a powerful and useful to do list and task manager that can be share with individuals and teams. It also has a solid notificatioun and alarm capability. It is not a project management tool like Trello, or a messaging tool like Slack. It is a standalone tool that works as well on mobile devices as it does on desktop computers.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
Markus Melton | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Wunderlist really helps!

Wunderlist is used to keep my organization on the same page with tasks and projects. It's a vital part of our day-to-day operations - it's the first and last thing I look at each day. Wunderlist has a great combination of simplicity and the ability to create subtasks, which is generally something you only find with expensive task lists.
  • Organizing.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • The interface could use a refresh, it's a bit dated looking.
  • If we could sort the list then that would be incredibly helpful.
Wunderlist is great for things such as scheduling simple tasks for the office like, for example, purchasing paper or buying supplies. Also, reminders for non-essential tasks such as calling back a vendor or things of that nature. It is less suited to work as a fully functioning calendar/reminder system for important aspects of your job duties.
Read Markus Melton's full review
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

Wundlist is a great app, but definitely could grow!

I mostly use it to keep me organized and help accomplish goals. When I had a management team I used it with them to assign and complete goals and seeing the master to-do list. It also helped us share ideas and effectively distribute responsibility. The huge problem is caused was when I ended our professional relationship, somehow the master list was deleted and nobody, not even the app notified until it was too late! I lost so much data and important info and wished there was a way it would have been backed up. It was all gone and I lost so much time and hard work.
  • Simple layout.
  • Easy to share and add others.
  • Wish it had a backup so to-do lists weren't deleted.
  • Wish it would notify all parties if a list is deleted with a restoring option.
Great for keeping organized and accomplishing day-to-day tasks. It's great for prioritizing and creating goal lists. It's great for even those who just use it for grocery shopping and using it for simple food recipes even.

It's probably less appropriate for multiple parties who have the option of deleting the list within one click. As mentioned before several important things could be lost.
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Wunderlist is Simply Wonderful

• Reminding you of what is due, when.
  • Syncs across devices and platforms.
  • It's free.
  • The interface could use a refresh, it's a bit dated looking.
  • I worry that Microsoft buying the company will eventually result in it being shut down.
  • Integration of the iOS calendar.
I have a lot of repeating tasks that I have to complete daily, and Wunderlist does a great job at handling those. Also, creating projects and lists inside them is very easy, and I'm able to use it on both my desktop and phone, as well as my iPad, so my to-do list goes everywhere with me.
Read Rob Gokee's full review
Anna Strawman | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 23, 2019

Wunderlist is Wunderful

We use Wunderlist in our organization to track necessary building and tool maintenance items. This includes everything from filter replacements to fire extinguisher checks. We also track items that need to be purchased. This way, anyone can add to the list and anyone can remove from it as items are purchased. There are only a few involved with the list so it is manageable.
  • Wunderlist retains information that has been checked off. It is easy to uncheck the item as it is needed on the list again.
  • Wunderlist works very well for home and business use.
  • You can share different lists with different people and get alerts as items are changed.
  • If we could sort the list then that would be incredibly helpful.
  • It would be really nice if you could have multiple fields for one line item so you could sort. For example, when remodeling the office we needed certain items done in certain rooms. We listed them by room then by task (ex. Breakroom - Need Trashcan). It was hard searching through the long list. If we could have sorted all the breakroom items together then it would have helped.
Wunderlist is well suited for individual or group use. It also works wonderfully for business and personal use. The ability to share lists and allow others to modify them helps when creating lists of items that need to be done. You can create lists by category or project then have all the tasks listed within it.
Read Anna Strawman's full review
Anna Jacobs | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2019

Wunderlist Review

We use it as task software in our project management department. It helps keep track of everyone’s tasks and notes and keeps the team members informed.
  • Task reminders.
  • Email reminders.
  • Desktop notifications.
  • Closing the product is cumbersome.
Wunderlist has real-time notifications that are well suited when a task is completed. The team is notified promptly. It is less appropriate when a team member forgets to put a task in the system. The synchronization is very helpful between this app and other integrations.
Read Anna Jacobs's full review
Tish Cator | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Wunderlist so I won't forget

We use it for day to day things. I used it to quickly jot down tasks and to keep my boss in the loop about projects I’m working on. Sometimes we use it to manage our reputation accounts as well.
  • Reminders about ongoing tasks.
  • Quickly making task groups and inviting other users.
  • I would like a desktop app.
  • I would like for it be integrated with more platforms.
Has definitely picked up the Slack on details I've missed. I literally say hey Wunderlist me if you want it done.
Read Tish Cator's full review
Ben Westby | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Keeping connected with our team!

We use Wunderlist to coordinate checklists, to-do's, needed documents, as well as staying connected in what different team members are responsible for contributing to our team goals.
  • Collaborative lists.
  • Notifications.
  • Document sharing would be lovely.
  • Different OS has different update experiences.
This is well suited for a multi-person team that can collaborate and coordinate materials, items, to-do lists in any given scenario. For us in particular, especially with field trips, we use this to make sure everything is accounted for before leaving campus with students.
Read Ben Westby's full review
Anthony Zurica | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Wunderlist is perfect for quick and easy reminders

We use Wunderlist as a reminder system for nonessential work products. It helps remove some of the administrative tasks from our main input system and sets up something separate and easier to use for mundane tasks. We use it all together as an organization. We all have access to it.
  • Inputting entries - It is very straightforward to enter data.
  • Categories - Very easy to add categories.
  • Easy to maneuver data inside the app.
  • Notifications could be improved - Sometimes they are missed.
  • The homepage should be able to be custom.
  • Some more options for integration.
Read Anthony Zurica's full review
January 23, 2020

A life saver!

We use Wunderlist to keep track of projects and tasks. Wunderlist has been a fantastic tool for team collaboration as it gives the option to have shared lists, assign tasks and set dates.
  • Team Collaboration
  • Task Management
  • For some people (and big businesses) Wunderlist may be too simple. However, for our business, it does everything we need.
Wunderlist is great for individuals or small businesses who would like to improve team collaboration, project management, and document management. It is a very simple tool, so for those who prefer software that is easy to use, this is perfect.
January 23, 2020

Wunderlist is the best app for organization!

Wunderlist not only helps me stay organized but allows teams to collaborate on tasks together. We will use their joint list function and assign a task to one another, which improves productivity immensely! We used to email each other suggesting something that needs to get done and would never know if they had added it to a list or were working on it! Wunderlist helps us stay organized and work collaboration as we complete a project -- I love it!
  • To-do list organization (additional tools like shopping list).
  • Sharing your lists with others and keeping joint lists.
  • Reminders and notifications can be annoying when you're logged into Wunderlist on multiple devices.
  • Device updating and syncing is buggy.
Wunderlist is great for keeping your worlds organized, from family shopping lists to house chores, to your work life. If you work in a team, it beats Gmail, Apple, and Outlook 100%! You can collaborate, assign tasks, and sync across your devices, although syncing can be buggy at times. As a designer, I typically wish every app was designed better and feel Wunderlist could have a cleaner interface.
January 18, 2020

Wunderlist -- A No-Frills To-Do Tool

Wunderlist is not a tool that is promoted by my organization at any level; however, a number of users within my department and across my organization use it for personal productivity. It's a simple to-do list tool that doesn't have a ton of features to distract from its core purpose: helping users remember tasks and providing a sense of gratification when said task is checked-off. Its simplicity in both the web and app version are its strength.
  • Beautiful design in both the web and app versions.
  • Simple, straightforward design.
  • The design has been seemingly the same for years. It could use an update and more opportunity for integration with other apps.
  • MANY other tools accomplish the same thing, and some of those other option have more features, such as Trello and Microsoft To-Dos.
Wunderlist is a great tool for someone simply looking to replace a paper to-do list with a web or app-based list. It's no-frills, so those a little intimidated by tech tools can use it without stress. For example, I use Wunderlist when creating a family packing list for vacations to share with my mother-in-law because it's so straight-forward.
This tool is not the best for more experienced users who need more customizable features beyond basic to-do list generation and sharing.
January 06, 2020

Wunderlist is a great program

We use it to stay organized on projects for our company. We are spread out in the state so it helps us communicate with timelines, etc. Our operations are manufacturing for state governments.
  • The ability to communicate quickly to multiple entities.
  • Reminders.
  • Printing is a function that is weak.
  • Subcategories would be nice when writing to-do lists as there are always sub listings and it doesn't accommodate this currently.
I find it useful to organize projects that have timelines and multiple pieces with different persons responsible for the tasks. You can start the project, reassign it to another person, and then they can do their part. This is a wonderful feature of the program.
December 24, 2019

Wunderlist Review

In the past, I have used Wunderlist across the entire school I worked at. However, in my current job I use it with a few select team members. Organization via technology is not a high priority with my leadership right now so I use tools like Wunderlist on a case by case basis with my team. For me, I see it solving the issue of the need to communicate about tasks. Being able to share lists means that I can assign tasks to my team and know that they are on track without having to call a meeting. Ultimately, it saves us all time.
  • Lists
  • Sharing
  • Notifications when shared tasks are complete.
  • More task sorting options.
Wunderlist is a great tool for pretty much any situation a list is needed in. It is great for personal use, in the home, or in the office. It is also great for a team to use to track progress on projects, etc. I would see this tool potentially not being as useful for a huge company where hundreds of projects are shared across many departments. However, for the average team and small company, Wunderlist would be more than enough.
December 19, 2019

Wunderlist: a great tool for organization and task management!

I use Wunderlist personally and encourage my direct team/reports to use it as well. Among other things, it is a great resource for keeping organized by client, job, project, etc. It directly addresses the need to not have my team/report feel like I am micro-managing. At any point, I can and review their project lists in real-time rather than taking time out of our days for face-to-face status updates.
  • Organization
  • Outlook mail integration
  • Ability to print or export lists to Excel, etc.
  • Would like to see the platform expanded into an even great project management application.
Wunderlist is well suited for all types of businesses and even for personal use. If you have a need for an organization whether personal or professional, I would recommend Wunderlist as a resource. I have recommended other colleagues to adopt using it as my team does and have heard nothing but positive feedback.
January 14, 2020

Wunderlist Review

Wunderlist is mainly used by the QA department to collaborate on daily tasks and set up repositories for knowledge sharing. We use it to create a to-do list for team members every day and share it with the team. It was easy to track the progress of the work assigned as soon as they completed and updated the tasks.
When we had ideas that helped the process and daily work, we used Wunderlist and made it available across team members. The same goes for knowledge sharing information/repositories that can be accessed at any time.
  • Sync and access notes via web and mobile.
  • Easy search option to retrieve any information.
  • Ability to add images and other file types.
  • Ability to flag (not star) for review or revisit.
Wunderlist is useful when you have to share a list of items or track and collaborate between team members.
It is not helpful when you have to share files for collaboration.
September 18, 2019

Wunderlist ist sehr gut!

I use it personally; I don't use it with my organization. In fact, I wasn't aware until now that it could be a business application. I found it on the Android App Store while looking for some sort of shopping list tool for my family.
  • Clean UI
  • Cloud sync with multiple users
  • Notification to all users when a task is completed
  • The "Inbox" is unneccessary and clutters the simplicity of the app. It should just have lists and nothing else.
  • Sometimes the default screen on the mobile app is a list that I don't use.
  • It would be nice to add more granular priority levels rather than just a star.
I love it primarily for family shopping lists (both my wife and I have the app). It syncs in the cloud and we both see a live version of the list. This is very helpful; once, we were shopping at the exact same time at different stores. It actually prevented us from both buying the same things because I was seeing live updates as she was checking off items and vice-versa.
On the business use side, I could definitely see this as a platform for team to-do lists or a place where a team can brainstorm and collect little ideas. The simplicity of the interface makes it easy to use for all kinds of lists.

September 17, 2019

A Wonderful Wunderlist Review

My experience with Wunderlist has only been through our Marketing department. We use it to keep on track with our projects and be able to share what we are working on with other employees. It's great to be able to pull up our lists when we are not at our workstations.
  • The user interface is extremely easy to navigate.
  • Using the application, and going from desktop to mobile, had no hiccups.
  • The ability to share your lists with others is extremely helpful.
  • I wish there were options to mark tasks at a percentage of being done. Visually represented with a timeline/bar graph/ticker would be helpful.
  • It would be nice to have different colored flagging options.
  • I'd like to be able to update the background photo to be more personalized.
Wunderlist is well suited for anyone that wants to stay on task for a project in their life. Something as simple as keeping a grocery list organized between a couple is made even simpler with Wunderlist. I'd say it's less appropriate for projects that require a large amount of tracking detail.
September 17, 2019

In love with the app

Task Management - Task are divided among multiple peers ranging from developers,designers, backend/frontend Engineers, product owners etc.
Time Management- Each task can be associated with an estimate of deliverables associated with it, helping keep track of time in a representable manner,
Priority Management - You can categorize task based on the priority they hold.
  • Cross Platform Support - You can create task on one device and access it on the other which includes cross platform support like iphone and mac as well.
  • Mac app support - It gives a beautiful mac apps as well along with iOS app.
  • Management app
  • Its all done and dusted- From one of the recent tweets from the founder of the wunderlist, it is likely to be taken down and replaced by one of the apps for a tech giant.
  • Improvements would have been faster APIs, better syncing
  • Role management - this feature would have been great where there will be permissions for actions based on the user priveleges
Task Management, Time management, and Team Management.

Task Management (65)
Resource Management (34)
Gantt Charts (7)
Scheduling (48)
Workflow Automation (28)
5.9
Team Collaboration (61)
Support for Agile Methodology (13)
6.4
Support for Waterfall Methodology (13)
5.8
Document Management (34)
5.8
Email integration (35)
6.1
Mobile Access (63)
Timesheet Tracking (12)
6.6
Change request and Case Management (10)
5.0
Budget and Expense Management (6)
4.2
Quotes/estimates (4)
5.0
Invoicing (4)
Project & financial reporting (6)
Integration with accounting software (2)
6.0

About Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)

Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool acquired by Microsoft June 2015, an app that provides an emphasis on to-do list task management structure. It enables collaboration by sharing lists for projects with other users. To Do is designed for mobile accessibility. Microsoft To Do is free to use.