Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool.
Flagged emails? Auto suggested.
Assigned tasks from planner? …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Mobile Access (69)9.696%
- Scheduling (55)9.696%
- Task Management (73)9.494%
- Team Collaboration (67)7.777%
Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool.
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
5 people also want pricing
Asana is a web and mobile project management app. With tasks, projects, conversations, and dashboards, Asana lets an entire team know who's doing what by when, enabling workload balancing. Users can also add integrations for GANTT charts, time tracking and more.
Miro provides a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Today, Miro counts more than 60 million users in 200,000 organizations who use Miro to improve product development collaboration, to speed up time to market,…
Project management software provides capabilities to streamline management of complex projects through task management, team collaboration and workflow automation
- 9.4Task Management(73) Ratings
This includes the ability to plan, track, collaborate and report on tasks.
- 8.9Resource Management(39) Ratings
Resource management is workload planning to maximize resources.
- 4.5Gantt Charts(8) Ratings
Gantt charts are charts that show tasks or events along the y-axis displayed against time along the x-axis.
- 9.6Scheduling(55) Ratings
Scheduling capabilities allow users to set schedules on tasks, and create timelines and milestones.
- 6.4Workflow Automation(33) Ratings
Workflow automation is the ability to route work requests along an approval process automatically.
- 7.7Team Collaboration(67) Ratings
Team collaboration capabilities let team members work directly with each other and provide team updates.
- 5.1Support for Agile Methodology(17) Ratings
Agile is a time boxed, iterative approach to development that builds software incrementally instead of trying to deliver it all at once near the end.
- 6.3Support for Waterfall Methodology(16) Ratings
Waterfall methodology is a tradition development method that is linear and sequential.
- 6.8Document Management(37) Ratings
Document management provides for centralized management of all project documents.
- 8.9Email integration(39) Ratings
Email integration allows work requests to be made directly from email.
- 9.6Mobile Access(69) Ratings
Mobile access is the ability to access the software from a smartphone or tablet.
- 6.6Timesheet Tracking(13) Ratings
Timesheet tracking is the ability to track all billable and non-billable hours for each project.
- 9Change request and Case Management(10) Ratings
Change request and change management enables tracking of all customer requests including priority and timeframe.
- 9Budget and Expense Management(6) Ratings
Budget and expense management provides the capability to track all expenses by employee or department and link them back to department. It also enables hourly rates to be set.
Features that support professional services organizations
- 5Quotes/estimates(4) Ratings
Ability to create, manage and send project fee proposals to customers
- 7Invoicing(4) Ratings
Ability to create, manage and send invoices to clients during or after completion of a project
- 7.9Project & financial reporting(6) Ratings
Ability to analyze project and financial data based on custom criteria to gather insights and improve business performance
- 6Integration with accounting software(2) Ratings
Real-time, two-way sync with accounting or financial software to facilitate project and financial reporting
- Tech Details
- Simple task management. Through lists and groups, you can assign tasks, organize them into groups, and add deadlines (or not) to each of them. You can also add micro-steps within each task if you want to break it down even further.
- Daily View - I know what's next, as well as what's coming up. I can turn on my laptop in the morning, open up Microsoft To-Do, and clearly see what needs to be done that day, what I may have missed from previous days, and what is coming up tomorrow.
- The ability to add detail to a task. You can add micro-steps, like mentioned above, but also reminders that ding in-app, a deadline, a repeating deadline (which I love for weekly or monthly tasks), a category, files, and notes.
- When adding a task with a repeating deadline, if the first deadline is set to a future date, the deadline will revert to "Today." This essentially has me set the deadline twice. If I remember this glitch, I'll set the repeating schedule first, then the deadline.
Flagged emails? Auto suggested.
Assigned tasks from planner? Already on your to-do list.
Work mentions in emails and highlighted by Microsoft Viva? Added to the day of your reminder.
Thing is that Wunderlist was already very good and Microsoft has managed to keep it that way and integrated it into their app. Given that I work in a cross-functional capacity in my organization makes Microsoft To Do super useful.
- Overdue assignments/tasks can be managed better. Would love it if To Do reminded me of the things I'm behind without having to open Outlook.
- Creating lists of things that need to get done
- Creating lists of other items that you want to sort by category
- Giving you a prioritized list of what you should try to accomplish in your day
- Easily assigning tasks to others: [I feel] it's confusing that some lists are shared and others are not and you can't move items between them
- Auto-detect of dates or tags for quick list creation
- Creating a personal list of to-do items that you need to achieve. These could be one-offs or recurring items.
- Managing simple projects with multiple stakeholders and follow-up items.
- Using your task management software in conjunction with additional Microsoft productivity apps.
- Very easy to manage tasks.
- Many clients for different platforms.
- Integration with Outlook.
- Integration with Alexa which I like.
- Notification if someone did not complete the task on time.
- I would like to be able to authorize through third-party services (like Google, Apple, or Linkedin).
- Also integration with other services and, for example, with my google calendar.
- Giving priority to certain tasks.
- The scheduler did work well.
- Mobile app.
- The software felt limited.
- No budget features.
- Support was not great.
- Manage tasks by urgency
- Manage tasks by day
- Very easy to use
- None that I can think of
- Nice and simple UI.
- Easy to use.
- Everything that you need you could get it with one-click.
- Perfect Sync system.
- It is a simple software, so it does not have many other options like Evernote
- Set date-time is a little bit hard to set.
- Share you task with another is difficult.
- Auto-set due dates
- Can use the drag-and-drop function to move items up and down on a list
- Planned list helps me see what I need to do today
- Recurring tasks can be set at X days and not just weekly
- I really, really dislike that they removed Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)'s feature to keep lists alphabetized after I click to alphabetize sort. Makes it very hard to manage the list.
- Really need the ability to move a task/item from one list to another
- Would love the ability to print a flow of tasks in a graphic
- Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) is great for managing my daily tasks, sharing lists with others, seeing what I need to get done today, and moving those "today to-dos" as I'm reprioritizing my day.
- Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) is not so good for moving tasks between projects/lists and not good for arranging tasks/projects in hierarchical order. So, for example, if one project/task needs to be completed before another, you can't make the one dependent on another's completion.
- Assignments (you can assign people to tasks and share to-do/task lists)
- Organization - the app is phenomenal with that
- Space for description, attachments , etc
- I wish it could integrate with outlook calendar
- The app has very low overhead, both in the desktop and on mobile devices.
- It is easy to categorize tasks by the assigned user.
- By commenting on tasks items, it is easy to communicate across an entire team.
- It would be great if Wunderlist synchronized with Outlook email and calendaring.
- Wunderlist should provide for allowing identifying lists with different colors.
- Wunderlist should allow marking lists with icons.
- Document Mangagement
- Team Collaboration
- Project Management
- It may be too simple for some people. However, that is why I love it.
- No reporting
- No Gantt Charts
- It creates a wonderful structure for different unrelated tasks to be visible and accessible. This means it's easy to designate information into different areas and flows intuitively when you either have to input more tasks or find a past one.
- The ability to allocate tasks to other members of a team means that there can be updates in real-time on different lists which is a real godsend when trying to figure out where a project is at.
- The integration of different lists with due dates around similar times into one place [the Today List] is super helpful in giving you an overview of what needs to be done. This also ensures that a to-do doesn't get lost somewhere.
- An easier way to input time and dates when entering in information on the fly would be an appreciated additive.
- A more streamlined desk pop up of today tasks that comes up with the little 'add task pop up'. This would help focus in on daily tasks quicker than going into the application each time.
- The ability to customize your own background, font size and color would be a lovely add-on
- Team Collaboration
- Task Management
- For some people (and big businesses) Wunderlist may be too simple. However, for our business, it does everything we need.
- To-do list organization (additional tools like shopping list).
- Sharing your lists with others and keeping joint lists.
- Reminders and notifications can be annoying when you're logged into Wunderlist on multiple devices.
- Device updating and syncing is buggy.
- Beautiful design in both the web and app versions.
- Simple, straightforward design.
- The design has been seemingly the same for years. It could use an update and more opportunity for integration with other apps.
- MANY other tools accomplish the same thing, and some of those other option have more features, such as Trello and Microsoft To-Dos.
This tool is not the best for more experienced users who need more customizable features beyond basic to-do list generation and sharing.
- Setting Up Tasks
- Simple Mobile Interface
- Many project management and CRM tools now also handle to-dos.
- It's been acquired by Microsoft. The shutter is near.
- Managing projects and tasks.
- Setting reminders for important dates or deadlines.
- Limited options regarding appearance (themes, backgrounds).
- No "preview" view option for tasks in lists.
When we had ideas that helped the process and daily work, we used Wunderlist and made it available across team members. The same goes for knowledge sharing information/repositories that can be accessed at any time.
- Sync and access notes via web and mobile.
- Easy search option to retrieve any information.
- Ability to add images and other file types.
- Ability to flag (not star) for review or revisit.
It is not helpful when you have to share files for collaboration.
- Sync - we never have an issue with tasks or comments showing up across teams or platforms.
- Cross platform - works and looks the same on Android, iOS, Mac, and PC.
- Subtasks - there is little detail in subtasks, and they are very limited therefore, no due dates, comments, etc.
- Due Dates - particularly more complex recurring dates (every 3rd Tuesday, every May 1st) aren't possible.
- The ability to communicate quickly to multiple entities.
- Printing is a function that is weak.
- Subcategories would be nice when writing to-do lists as there are always sub listings and it doesn't accommodate this currently.
- To do list
- Task tracking/management
- Siri integration would be helpful
- Adding Wunderlist to Car Play with Siri would be fantastic
- Task reminders.
- Email reminders.
- Desktop notifications.
- Closing the product is cumbersome.
- Notifications when shared tasks are complete.
- More task sorting options.
- Outlook mail integration
- Ability to print or export lists to Excel, etc.
- Would like to see the platform expanded into an even great project management application.
- Reminders about ongoing tasks.
- Quickly making task groups and inviting other users.
- I would like a desktop app.
- I would like for it be integrated with more platforms.