Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) Reviews

June 21, 2021
Preet Chovatiya | TrustRadius Reviewer
Microsoft To Do [(formerly Wunderlist)] is used by our organization to filter out the important tasks and regular tasks. It helps us to organize our work effectively and as well as It helps to increase the productivity of the work. It provides me additional visibility about both personal and team efforts. Every event, every marketing campaign, every category can be readily maintained with the help of Microsoft To Do.
  • It is completely FREE to use.
  • Easily syncs with Outlook tasks.
  • Simple UI and very easy to use.
  • Integration with Alexa.
  • Auto set feature for due dates.
  • Task sharing inside Microsoft To-Do is little bit difficult.
  • Can't able to insert details to the subtasks.
  • Gantt chart isn't available.
  • Reporting is not possible.
Microsoft To Do [(formerly Wunderlist)] is well suited to that person or industry which is chained with the daily activity of the clients like Freelancers, Project Managers, Manager of Company, Material Manager, etc. It is very useful to that all peoples to handle their daily routine activities very easily and effectively. They can easily know and filter out the important work and regular work inside Microsoft To Do.
Read Preet Chovatiya's full review
June 04, 2021
Andrii Zherebtsov | TrustRadius Reviewer
Every day I control my tasks/lists and their implementation. I plan my whole day. I form a list of tasks, I set their priority. We share lists with various colleagues.
  • Very easy to manage tasks.
  • Many clients for different platforms.
  • Integration with Outlook.
  • Integration with Alexa which I like.
  • Notification if someone did not complete the task on time.
  • I would like to be able to authorize through third-party services (like Google, Apple, or Linkedin).
  • Also integration with other services and, for example, with my google calendar.
There's nothing to criticize about Microsoft To-Do. The service is fast, convenient, understandable and perfectly fulfills its function. It is great for day-to-day task planning and monitoring. I even use it for shopping lists. Highly recommended.
Read Andrii Zherebtsov's full review
May 21, 2021
Alejandro Montes | TrustRadius Reviewer
If you work with projects or you are a person who needs to order his day to improve his productivity, you must use an organization tool and MS To-Do is one of them, it is simple to use, you keep everything in order and at a glance, it allows you to manage calendars, notes, assigned tasks and organize between those tasks that are more or less important.

MS To-Do helped me a lot in the organization of my projects for the team, as well as planning a better distribution of the hours, to be more productive, to be able to have time to perform my assigned tasks, and also to be able to dedicate time to my specialization studies

• Nice and simple UI.
  • Easy to use.
  • Everything that you need you could get it with one-click.
  • Perfect Sync system.
  • It is a simple software, so it does not have many other options like Evernote
  • Set date-time is a little bit hard to set.
  • Share you task with another is difficult.
The best use I had for the software is with the organization of my tasks, it helps me a lot when it comes to dedicating time to work, organizing the most important things, and then taking advantage of the time to continue improving my skills. But when it comes to sharing tasks with other team members, it becomes a bit difficult, there is no easy way to show others how busy you could be and where you are spending your time.
Read Alejandro Montes's full review
May 21, 2021
Yuen Liang | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Microsoft To Do since it was Wunderlist. It's helpful for tracking work and personal tasks that need to get done for projects. It helps with managing small tasks and I like that I have a place to digitally jot down what's in my head that needs to get done. Helps with work-life balance!
  • Auto-set due dates
  • Can use the drag-and-drop function to move items up and down on a list
  • Planned list helps me see what I need to do today
  • Recurring tasks can be set at X days and not just weekly
  • I really, really dislike that they removed Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)'s feature to keep lists alphabetized after I click to alphabetize sort. Makes it very hard to manage the list.
  • Really need the ability to move a task/item from one list to another
  • Would love the ability to print a flow of tasks in a graphic
  • Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) is great for managing my daily tasks, sharing lists with others, seeing what I need to get done today, and moving those "today to-dos" as I'm reprioritizing my day.
  • Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist) is not so good for moving tasks between projects/lists and not good for arranging tasks/projects in hierarchical order. So, for example, if one project/task needs to be completed before another, you can't make the one dependent on another's completion.
Read Yuen Liang's full review
May 30, 2021
We started using Microsoft To Do to help our project management team stay up to date on tasks and keep a good working schedule that was easy to follow. We also wanted it to work with what we current[ly] are using, which was all Microsoft software. It appeared on the surface that it was going to allow our team to do a lot of work in one place. It did help but it felt limited.
  • Giving priority to certain tasks.
  • The scheduler did work well.
  • Mobile app.
  • The software felt limited.
  • No budget features.
  • Support was not great.
If you're not running multiple other softwares already then this might be a software to look into. For us, it just became another software for people to learn and try to work into their daily work load. It didn't suit our personal needs. I feel like if you're 3-5 people in an office or even if you're working from home, then it might be a great option given that it's free.
May 26, 2021
Working in the human resource department requires the help of a to do list every single day! This free Microsoft To Do comes to our rescue. It is used across departments. It helps me track all the tasks in a timely manner with a reminder. My favorite function is the creation of sub tasks. This [helps] me track according to my project [I'm] [working] on, where the master task will contain the project name and the sub tasks will contain the various tasks to be completed. This is though not [an] entirely project management tool, yet it helps to an extent.
  • Free and easy UI
  • Flagged emails flow down as tasks which is flexible for me to keep track
  • Creation of subtasks
  • Not an entirely project management tool
  • Sharing your task is difficult
  • Wish it could be integrated with Power BI
  • More customizable
To Do is helpful for simple tasks and as mentioned, does not include the entire project management options usually available in other tools.
However, I still prefer To Do for its easy UI and for simpler tasks. Say in the HR department, you have to reach out to a candidate but is unavailable, sometimes the candidates' [...] required documents are not shared and hence, I flag those emails and they come down as tasks. Or if it's an individual task, I can directly type and it sets an automatic due date with notifications. This when done on a large scale on a daily basis, you're generally forgetful and this To Do app helps me complete my work on time and increase productivity. To Do is probably less suited when it has a series of linked tasks assigned.
May 20, 2021
It's an amazing to-do/task manager. I like how you can add dates, sub tasks/comments, etc. it's great for collaboration, too, as you can share the same list with other people for management. I use it for projects at work but I also use it on a personal level to help track or note other to-dos.
  • Assignments (you can assign people to tasks and share to-do/task lists)
  • Organization - the app is phenomenal with that
  • Space for description, attachments , etc
  • I wish it could integrate with outlook calendar
I love the tool and think it's great to track major deliverables or to dos that are cut and dry. Like working towards internal reviews, collaboration, general reminders of things, etc. Good for campaign management.
I'd say it's not the tool to use if you need to create a timeline with dependencies, or for development teams as there are better tools that integrate with task lists/deployment pipelines.
May 25, 2021
Each individual uses it as they need to. I use [it] to manage my daily workload so no important task falls through the cracks. It's important for me as I can manage tasks by urgency & have a visual overview of where I am at for the day.
  • Manage tasks by urgency
  • Manage tasks by day
  • Very easy to use
  • None that I can think of
You cant assign tasks to people, but it's great to manage your own to-dos and tasks based on day & urgency level.
March 04, 2020
Robyn Mays | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Wunderlist for myself. It is a fantastic app to use for project management for yourself or small teams. I love how much it can do while still being so simple.
  • Document Mangagement
  • Team Collaboration
  • Project Management
  • It may be too simple for some people. However, that is why I love it.
  • No reporting
  • No Gantt Charts
Wunderlist is great for individuals and small teams and those who like simple software that does what you need them to do without adding any unnecessary features.
Everything ran smoothly, and I got support when needed.
Read Robyn Mays's full review
January 17, 2020
Nicholas De Salvo | TrustRadius Reviewer
I first started using Wunderlist as a simple way to keep track of my own tasks and to-dos. I loved the interface and the icon design, so it made it fun to open the app and interact with it. I use it mostly personally and recommend it to many other executives I work with. It helps keep me organized and remind me of all the tasks I need to accomplish in a day/week/month.
  • Setting Up Tasks
  • Simple Mobile Interface
  • Many project management and CRM tools now also handle to-dos.
  • It's been acquired by Microsoft. The shutter is near.
I think it's great for managing and syncing to-dos across platforms. It's perfect for personal use, but I've run into trouble when trying to use it for business when other programs are better suited for project task management as part of a bigger workflow. But if I want to make sure I call Susan back, this is my goto.
I've never had to contact support with any issues, but generally, the app is always updated, and everything works like I expect it to
Read Nicholas De Salvo's full review
January 17, 2020
Joel Tanzi | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Wunderlist in my work and life to manage tasks or checklists of items across a broad range of applications. Many will see Wunderlist is another to-do list app and it does serve that function, but within my own business (a sole proprietorship) I use it to manage projects, keep track of important tasks and set reminders for what needs doing by a deadline.
  • Managing projects and tasks.
  • Setting reminders for important dates or deadlines.
  • Limited options regarding appearance (themes, backgrounds).
  • No "preview" view option for tasks in lists.
Wunderlist really excels at task management and deadline reminders. It makes it very easy to quickly input tasks, assign a due date, and have it notify you when its time to get to work on some task. It synchronizes across your desktop and mobile devices for quick and easy access to your lists wherever you may be. It excels as a way to manage personal or professional tasks and lists (think your daily to-dos or grocery list) and to a limited extent as a project management tool.
Wunderlist has been well-supported during its lifetime but as it has aged that support has fallen off somewhat since its acquisition by Microsoft and a shift in focus to Microsoft's To-Do application.
Read Joel Tanzi's full review
January 10, 2020
Paul Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Wunderlist individually at my current organization, but it was deployed team-wide in my previous position. We used it to manage all projects, delegate tasks, determine workload and assignments and communicate on status. It helped us avoid unnecessary emails and maintained a more accurate picture of the status of a task without meetings or verbal confirmation.
  • Sync - we never have an issue with tasks or comments showing up across teams or platforms.
  • Cross platform - works and looks the same on Android, iOS, Mac, and PC.
  • Subtasks - there is little detail in subtasks, and they are very limited therefore, no due dates, comments, etc.
  • Due Dates - particularly more complex recurring dates (every 3rd Tuesday, every May 1st) aren't possible.
Wunderlist is excellent for a single individual looking to manage their workload. Still, it doesn't have the features for a full team or for management to get a simple snapshot of overall status and bandwidth. If it had the ability to next tasks, even that would provide miles better support for managing real complex projects.
We never had a problem that I recall, but also never used support. The biggest issue now is that it's being discontinued, so any Wunderlist users must migrate to Microsoft To-do or some competing platform by May. Not a problem if the new offering was more similar, but To-do is much more complicated, so it may be hard to jump in for less dedicated users.
Read Paul Weber's full review
January 02, 2020
Mark Cohen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Wunderlist to create and share task lists for all different types of projects from individual, personal projects to team oriented projects.
  • To do list
  • Task tracking/management
  • Siri integration would be helpful
  • Adding Wunderlist to Car Play with Siri would be fantastic
Wunderlist is a powerful and useful to do list and task manager that can be share with individuals and teams. It also has a solid notificatioun and alarm capability. It is not a project management tool like Trello, or a messaging tool like Slack. It is a standalone tool that works as well on mobile devices as it does on desktop computers.
I have never needed support from Wunderlist so it is hard to judge. Hard to believe, I know, but the app just works as designed. It is solid.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
December 30, 2019
Anna Jacobs | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as task software in our project management department. It helps keep track of everyone’s tasks and notes and keeps the team members informed.
  • Task reminders.
  • Email reminders.
  • Desktop notifications.
  • Closing the product is cumbersome.
Wunderlist has real-time notifications that are well suited when a task is completed. The team is notified promptly. It is less appropriate when a team member forgets to put a task in the system. The synchronization is very helpful between this app and other integrations.
I haven't needed to call support!
Read Anna Jacobs's full review
April 07, 2020
Wunderlist is a fantastic way to keep track of tasks which need to be completed. As far as I am aware, it is used solely within my department. It is great because we can record a "backlog" of tasks to complete. We then mark with a star the tasks to be completed that day.
  • The app has very low overhead, both in the desktop and on mobile devices.
  • It is easy to categorize tasks by the assigned user.
  • By commenting on tasks items, it is easy to communicate across an entire team.
  • It would be great if Wunderlist synchronized with Outlook email and calendaring.
  • Wunderlist should provide for allowing identifying lists with different colors.
  • Wunderlist should allow marking lists with icons.
Wunderlist is well-suited for short-term, small, well-defined tasks. In those instances it is fantastic! I would not consider it for complex project management.
I have not had to contact Wunderlist for support.
February 11, 2020
Wunderlist is used across the whole organization. It is an easy way to share important tasks on different projects as well as check in on what has already been done/or that which has yet to be done. In this way, it addresses miscommunication across teams ensuring that everyone is on the same page and can see updates in real-time.
  • It creates a wonderful structure for different unrelated tasks to be visible and accessible. This means it's easy to designate information into different areas and flows intuitively when you either have to input more tasks or find a past one.
  • The ability to allocate tasks to other members of a team means that there can be updates in real-time on different lists which is a real godsend when trying to figure out where a project is at.
  • The integration of different lists with due dates around similar times into one place [the Today List] is super helpful in giving you an overview of what needs to be done. This also ensures that a to-do doesn't get lost somewhere.
  • An easier way to input time and dates when entering in information on the fly would be an appreciated additive.
  • A more streamlined desk pop up of today tasks that comes up with the little 'add task pop up'. This would help focus in on daily tasks quicker than going into the application each time.
  • The ability to customize your own background, font size and color would be a lovely add-on
Wunderlist is well suited for professional and casual needs; anywhere someone wishes to outline what needs to be done in an ordered and efficient way. It is less appropriate if you rely heavily on a calendar, etc. as you will have to manually input information from one platform to the other.
Most people to whom I have recommended this have loved it for the same reasons I have: it is so intuitive to use. Often it is hard to adapt a new application into your general tech habits but this fulfills a need you weren't even aware you had and so becomes easy to adopt. Before too long you rely on the information you put in and how much it helps order your tasks in your own mind.
January 23, 2020
We use Wunderlist to keep track of projects and tasks. Wunderlist has been a fantastic tool for team collaboration as it gives the option to have shared lists, assign tasks and set dates.
  • Team Collaboration
  • Task Management
  • For some people (and big businesses) Wunderlist may be too simple. However, for our business, it does everything we need.
Wunderlist is great for individuals or small businesses who would like to improve team collaboration, project management, and document management. It is a very simple tool, so for those who prefer software that is easy to use, this is perfect.
Click up support is great. They are willing to help with anything you need.
January 23, 2020
Wunderlist not only helps me stay organized but allows teams to collaborate on tasks together. We will use their joint list function and assign a task to one another, which improves productivity immensely! We used to email each other suggesting something that needs to get done and would never know if they had added it to a list or were working on it! Wunderlist helps us stay organized and work collaboration as we complete a project -- I love it!
  • To-do list organization (additional tools like shopping list).
  • Sharing your lists with others and keeping joint lists.
  • Reminders and notifications can be annoying when you're logged into Wunderlist on multiple devices.
  • Device updating and syncing is buggy.
Wunderlist is great for keeping your worlds organized, from family shopping lists to house chores, to your work life. If you work in a team, it beats Gmail, Apple, and Outlook 100%! You can collaborate, assign tasks, and sync across your devices, although syncing can be buggy at times. As a designer, I typically wish every app was designed better and feel Wunderlist could have a cleaner interface.
I have not had an issue where I needed to reach out to Wunderlist, but I know their contact and online chat is easy to access and feel confident that they would be helpful. My only worry is Wunderlist is becoming Microsoft to-do in May 2020, and I believe the app will become worse after that.
January 18, 2020
Wunderlist is not a tool that is promoted by my organization at any level; however, a number of users within my department and across my organization use it for personal productivity. It's a simple to-do list tool that doesn't have a ton of features to distract from its core purpose: helping users remember tasks and providing a sense of gratification when said task is checked-off. Its simplicity in both the web and app version are its strength.
  • Beautiful design in both the web and app versions.
  • Simple, straightforward design.
  • The design has been seemingly the same for years. It could use an update and more opportunity for integration with other apps.
  • MANY other tools accomplish the same thing, and some of those other option have more features, such as Trello and Microsoft To-Dos.
Wunderlist is a great tool for someone simply looking to replace a paper to-do list with a web or app-based list. It's no-frills, so those a little intimidated by tech tools can use it without stress. For example, I use Wunderlist when creating a family packing list for vacations to share with my mother-in-law because it's so straight-forward.
This tool is not the best for more experienced users who need more customizable features beyond basic to-do list generation and sharing.
I've never had to reach out for tech support using this tool, but the support guides online seem straightforward and helpful.
January 06, 2020
We use it to stay organized on projects for our company. We are spread out in the state so it helps us communicate with timelines, etc. Our operations are manufacturing for state governments.
  • The ability to communicate quickly to multiple entities.
  • Reminders.
  • Printing is a function that is weak.
  • Subcategories would be nice when writing to-do lists as there are always sub listings and it doesn't accommodate this currently.
I find it useful to organize projects that have timelines and multiple pieces with different persons responsible for the tasks. You can start the project, reassign it to another person, and then they can do their part. This is a wonderful feature of the program.
I personally have never had to use Wunderlist support, but others in our company have told me the support is awesome.
January 14, 2020
Wunderlist is mainly used by the QA department to collaborate on daily tasks and set up repositories for knowledge sharing. We use it to create a to-do list for team members every day and share it with the team. It was easy to track the progress of the work assigned as soon as they completed and updated the tasks.
When we had ideas that helped the process and daily work, we used Wunderlist and made it available across team members. The same goes for knowledge sharing information/repositories that can be accessed at any time.
  • Sync and access notes via web and mobile.
  • Easy search option to retrieve any information.
  • Ability to add images and other file types.
  • Ability to flag (not star) for review or revisit.
Wunderlist is useful when you have to share a list of items or track and collaborate between team members.
It is not helpful when you have to share files for collaboration.
December 12, 2019
Markus Melton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Wunderlist is used to keep my organization on the same page with tasks and projects. It's a vital part of our day-to-day operations - it's the first and last thing I look at each day. Wunderlist has a great combination of simplicity and the ability to create subtasks, which is generally something you only find with expensive task lists.
  • Organizing.
  • Easy to navigate.
  • The interface could use a refresh, it's a bit dated looking.
  • If we could sort the list then that would be incredibly helpful.
Wunderlist is great for things such as scheduling simple tasks for the office like, for example, purchasing paper or buying supplies. Also, reminders for non-essential tasks such as calling back a vendor or things of that nature. It is less suited to work as a fully functioning calendar/reminder system for important aspects of your job duties.
We have not had to receive support from Wunderlist. The product has worked very well for us and we have no complaints. We have been using it for years with much success. We would recommend it to others but we are not aware of the support that is provided for it.
Read Markus Melton's full review
December 11, 2019
Sarah Lightman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I mostly use it to keep me organized and help accomplish goals. When I had a management team I used it with them to assign and complete goals and seeing the master to-do list. It also helped us share ideas and effectively distribute responsibility. The huge problem is caused was when I ended our professional relationship, somehow the master list was deleted and nobody, not even the app notified until it was too late! I lost so much data and important info and wished there was a way it would have been backed up. It was all gone and I lost so much time and hard work.
  • Simple layout.
  • Easy to share and add others.
  • Wish it had a backup so to-do lists weren't deleted.
  • Wish it would notify all parties if a list is deleted with a restoring option.
Great for keeping organized and accomplishing day-to-day tasks. It's great for prioritizing and creating goal lists. It's great for even those who just use it for grocery shopping and using it for simple food recipes even.

It's probably less appropriate for multiple parties who have the option of deleting the list within one click. As mentioned before several important things could be lost.
I've actually never used the support before, but with the easiness and simplicity of the app, I could only imagine that the help the app offers would be just as helpful and easy to understand. It be cool if there were a chat option to help out with recovering lists and helping answer simple and quick questions.
Read Sarah Lightman's full review
November 12, 2019
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Reminding you of what is due, when.
  • Syncs across devices and platforms.
  • It's free.
  • The interface could use a refresh, it's a bit dated looking.
  • I worry that Microsoft buying the company will eventually result in it being shut down.
  • Integration of the iOS calendar.
I have a lot of repeating tasks that I have to complete daily, and Wunderlist does a great job at handling those. Also, creating projects and lists inside them is very easy, and I'm able to use it on both my desktop and phone, as well as my iPad, so my to-do list goes everywhere with me.
I've never had to utilize the support for Wunderlist, but I assume they have the same attention to detail that the coders and programmers do.
Read Rob Gokee's full review
September 23, 2019
Anna Strawman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Wunderlist in our organization to track necessary building and tool maintenance items. This includes everything from filter replacements to fire extinguisher checks. We also track items that need to be purchased. This way, anyone can add to the list and anyone can remove from it as items are purchased. There are only a few involved with the list so it is manageable.
  • Wunderlist retains information that has been checked off. It is easy to uncheck the item as it is needed on the list again.
  • Wunderlist works very well for home and business use.
  • You can share different lists with different people and get alerts as items are changed.
  • If we could sort the list then that would be incredibly helpful.
  • It would be really nice if you could have multiple fields for one line item so you could sort. For example, when remodeling the office we needed certain items done in certain rooms. We listed them by room then by task (ex. Breakroom - Need Trashcan). It was hard searching through the long list. If we could have sorted all the breakroom items together then it would have helped.
Wunderlist is well suited for individual or group use. It also works wonderfully for business and personal use. The ability to share lists and allow others to modify them helps when creating lists of items that need to be done. You can create lists by category or project then have all the tasks listed within it.
Read Anna Strawman's full review

Scheduling (56)
Workflow Automation (36)
6.4
Team Collaboration (68)
Support for Agile Methodology (19)
5.9
Support for Waterfall Methodology (17)
5.9
Document Management (39)
6.0
Email integration (41)
6.7
Mobile Access (70)
Timesheet Tracking (14)
Change request and Case Management (13)
Budget and Expense Management (8)
Quotes/estimates (5)
Invoicing (5)
10.0
Project & financial reporting (6)
Integration with accounting software (3)

What is Microsoft To Do (formerly Wunderlist)?

Microsoft To Do replaces the former Wunderlist task management tool acquired by Microsoft June 2015, an app that provides an emphasis on to-do list task management structure. It enables collaboration by sharing lists for projects with other users. To Do is designed for mobile accessibility. Microsoft To Do is free to use.