Reviews (1-2 of 2)
- It allows distributed algorithm runs on Hadoop HDFS cluster
- It allows using different file formats such as SAS7BAT files or complex files in tab or comma delimited making data munging easier
- It provides scalable solutions by allowing users to re-use R scripts and distributing the computing over nodes through RHadoop
- When I reviewed the product - release D, at that time, "decision forest algorithm" was not available.
- The tool needs to be more integrated with other data infrastructure tools such as Teradata, Informatica etc. as well as may be with new Hadoop distribution platforms such as Cloudera or Hortonworks so the users don't have to install the tool from scratch
- I would also like to see improved capability around GUI and integration with other ecosystem. As the Big Data ecosystem would evolve in next 2-3 years, I would like to see Rev-R becoming more compatible with start-ups as well.
Microsoft R Scorecard Summary
About Microsoft R
Microsoft R (formerly Revolution R) is a big data R distribution for servers, Hadoop clusters, and data warehouses. Microsoft acquired original developer Revolution Analytics in 2016.
Microsoft R is available in two editions: Microsoft R Open (formerly Revolution R Open) and Microsoft R Enterprise (formerly Revolution R Enterprise).
Microsoft R Technical Details