Useful tool

March 16, 2017

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of ProProfs LMS Software, and make your voice heard!

BASIC

$79

PROFESSIONAL

$149

BUSINESS

$199

• $79 Per InstructorOptional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.proprofs.com/training/signup…

Product Demos

05:02

What is ProProfs LMS Software?

ProProfs LMS is a learning management system software that is designed to help instructors create and deliver online training courses. The LMS offers both businesses and educational institutions comprehensive training solutions by allowing them to create online courses, complemented by tests, surveys, polls and even a knowledge base.

ProProfs LMS Software Features

• Supported: Facility to create courses using existing learning materials which include videos, PDFs, PPTs and even online content
  • Supported: Advanced reporting & learner tracking with SCORM & Tin Can API compliance
  • Supported: Compatibility with multiple, platforms, devices and browsers
  • Supported: Custom branding & security, with full data-backup
  • Supported: Simple and flexible pricing which suits everyone's needs
  • Supported: Free E-commerce integration: for buying and selling courses & quizzes

ProProfs LMS Software Screenshots

Screenshot of LMS SoftwareScreenshot of Create online coursesScreenshot of What can LMS do

ProProfs LMS Software Video

ProProfs LMS Software Competitors

ProProfs LMS Software Technical Details

SAP Litmos, Trakstar Learn, and Blackboard Learn are common alternatives for ProProfs LMS Software.

Reviewers rate Assignments and Compliance management and Learning reporting & analytics highest, with a score of 9.7.

The most common users of ProProfs LMS Software are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Higher Education industry.

Deepabali Saha | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used ProProfs to train our academic staff, especially the new hires on a range of services, including career counseling, career scope discussion, competitive exam preparation, etc. These are critical to our daily functioning and delivering quality to the e-learning industry. The best part is attendees can take a course or test from their homes using their personal devices. This reduces the training time and the time away from their office times. We’re planning to replicate the training for our existing staff for retraining or refresher programs. ProProfs’ extensive security setup related to courses, data, and portal gives us the confidence to continue to rely on it.
  • Make time-bound training easy
  • Flexibility
  • Security standards
  • Found none.
It is one amazing tool that you’d love to recommend to anyone. It makes online training easily manageable and secure, which is extremely important for academic counselors like us. In the middle of our busy schedules, if we get a tool that allows us to train people easily, confidently, and in a timely manner, nothing can be more exciting than this.
Gajendra Singh Rathore | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used the LMS to train our retail staff, both new hires and existing ones. We started out with customer service standards and upselling skills. Along with some of our in-house training materials, we used the LMS’ ready-to-use courses. Post-training feedback showed high engagement and satisfaction of our staff with the programs.
  • User-friendly
  • Course library
  • Support team
  • So far, so good
Customer support is one of the best things about the LMS. They are friendly, prompt, and get back to us with solutions in a short time.
Aman Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Training Maker for product training of our salespersons. With a pre-made template on the topic, it was easy to get started and get things done as planned. We were able to upload various types of files that made learning more exciting for the team. It was smooth sailing through and through.
  • User-friendly
  • Actionable data from reporting
  • It looks too bland.
  • Needs to add more templates.
ProProfs is fit for all kinds of intensive corporate training like we did for sales. Depending on the quality of the course you build for the purpose, you can leverage the features the LMS offers to come up with a comprehensive L&D solution. It comes handy in situations where you need to ensure transparency, efficiency, and accountability in teaching and learning.
ProProfs deserves the best of the best ratings. It makes learners the prime focus of every step of learning, and that’s the greatest thing about it. Besides, arranging and putting different relevant content together is a walk in the park. Everything is so straightforward. If you look at the customization options, they are equally amazing.
We deployed ProProfs company-wide for department-specific training. It was flexible enough for each department to customize it to best meet their training requirements. In other words, we were deploying a single software to meet different L&D needs within the same organization. I don’t think anything can be more pleasing than this.
  • Easy to use.
  • Quiz and survey tools.
  • Helpful tech support.
  • Haven’t encountered any downside to date.
The LMS is cut out to meet training needs of any nature and size in different companies. Right from building courses to certification, everything becomes so easy. Since it is web-based, it is suitable for both local and remote training. Small organizations with no IT manpower will find the platform useful as it is hosted in the cloud and entails no software downloads and installations.
There are many tools out there but what is unique about ProProfs is it involves minimal learning curve. That’s one of the things we look for when adopting an application. This is significant considering the fact the tool comes with a large set of features and mastering them could have taken a huge amount of time. Fortunately, it is not so with ProProfs.
September 19, 2017

A Review on PROPROFS

Tom Kenny | TrustRadius Reviewer
ProProfs LMS is not spectacular, but it gets the job done. Teachers who have made tests in Moodle will find that ProProfs can do everything a Moodle quiz can, except ProProfs will allow you to share your quiz with any user...something that Moodle can't do. (Imagine if you were using the quizzes at different schools, ProProfs makes that easy, while Moodle makes it impossible.)
ProProfs is very intuitive to use. You won't be contacting support trying to figure out how to do stuff. You'll figure it out.
  • It's web-based, so you can make a quiz from any device (PC, Mac, tablet, iPhone, etc...), as long as you have an Internet connection. The benefit of this compared to iSpring's Quiz Maker, which makes you use only their PC-based software to create quizzes, is that ProProfs quizzes can be changed on-the-fly if there's a settings error or if there's a mistake in a quiz. That's very useful when students have trouble accessing a quiz.
  • ProProfs is reasonably-priced for what you get. I pay about $460 per year for ProProfs, while iSpring charges more than twice that.
  • ProProfs makes it very easy to see quiz scores, and shows them in a colorful pie-chart. During a test, I display scores (anonymously) on the screen via the classroom's projector, so students can see how their instantly-graded quiz measures with others' scores. Students like that!
  • ProProfs is very bland-looking, rather Web 1.0. They have a very limited-number of templates, and they are not customizable. If the company is making any money, I think they should try to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible.
  • ProProfs quizzes are not responsive to devices. A quiz looks exactly the same on an iPhone as it does on a computer screen. Students live in a world where everything they access online is customized to the device they use, but a ProProfs quiz will have small type on an iPhone, and won't allow a zoom by pinching.
  • Uploading images, audio, and video when making a quiz is a time-consuming task. Takes a lot of clicks. And there's no way to see your own library of uploaded stuff, so when you want to use a previously-uploaded image, you can't just find it in your account and attach it, you have to upload the same image every time. It's tedious.
  • Other LMSs I've used in the past year, like BookWidgets and iSpring Quiz Maker have a good deal more variety of question types than ProProfs. For example, you can't touch, drag and drop an answer on a blank from a word bank with a ProProfs quiz. Matching-type questions in ProProfs are limited to drop-down menu choices or radio buttons. There's no HTML5 magic at work.
  • ProProfs support is not bad (response within a day), but they can't explain frequent glitches that occur. Example: Nearly every time a class takes a quiz, there's ONE student who presses "submit" and their answers don't get submitted; instead, the loading circle just keeps rotating and the student panics, and then the student has to press refresh on their web browser, and --sometimes, but not always-- all their responses are erased and they have to take the quiz again. And there's nothing that a teacher can do. It's dreadful. Tell ProProfs about it, and they dodge the bullet because I wasn't able to give them enough info they required (e.g. what kind of phone?, what kind of OS?, what version?, was the device facing North?, etc).
  • ProProfs UI has not changed significantly in the 4 years I've been using them. I get the feeling that they're not trying hard enough.
Well-suited for:

• Teachers who want to give their quizzes to many students (not just through their own university's LMS).
  • Teachers who don't need something to dazzle their students.
ProProfs has great marketing, a decent product, adequate-to-poor support, and a very under-staffed support team. I've been a steady customer for five years because their quizmaker product is easy to use, and students have a generally positive experience with the quizzes I make.
When there are glitches, for example, a quiz is scored incorrectly, I report the glitch, but support doesn't actually fix the grading glitch; instead, a support staff will go to the quiz and manually grade it, then send me an email announcing that the "issue" has been resolved. That's not a resolution. That's a band-aid, and the ProProfs support team doesn't seem willing to dig deeper for a real fix.

There have been no visible improvements to the product over 5 years. ProProf quizzes are very Web 2.0, similar to Moodle. Other LMS services I've used, iSpring and Bookwidgets offer cool features like drag-and-drop, but ProProfs doesn't seem interested in keeping up with these enhancements. ProProfs seems satisfied to market to the PC institutional training end-user, not the smartphone individual student end-user.
When I make suggestions to ProProfs, I get a boilerplate response that such enhancements are "on our future road map" or some such. I get the feeling that there's no roadmap. Twice we set up appointments so that I could talk with SOMEONE at ProProfs to gauge their sincerity about enhancements and so on, and both times ProProfs did not connect with me. That's a bit suspicious.
Vineet Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ProProfs LMS for helping our sales team achieve their targets and also to boost internal collaboration. It has helped us connect better, resolve several business related concerns quickly and helped us build rapport with customers as well.
  • Excellent client support team
  • Intuitive and scalable
  • Scope for customization
  • So far, it is going great. No problems faced.
Since our sales team is expanding at a rapid pace, the onboarding process used to be tough. With ProProfs LMS, the onboarding process has become smooth and the new [employees] are better informed about varied happenings in our company.
March 16, 2017

Useful tool

I use ProProfs LMS as an online central hub for all my classes. It offered me the flexibility and ability to create diverse programs and ensure easy communication between teachers, classmates and learners. Apart from offering great classroom experience, I like how this software allows the educators to upload files and ensures that students remain hooked and interested.
  • Our larger projects are easy to manage now.
  • Easy video uploading helps us to entice the learners.
  • I love the fact that I can access the development and performance tracking within the same platform.
  • So, far I don't dislike anything about ProProfs LMS as it has helped me achieve my training goals successfully.
  • I haven’t encountered any problems so far.
  • Would like to see more features on analytics.
If you want to offer online training to learners or eyeing to unveil an online training course of your own, I would say ProProfs LMS is a great place to start. The tool is stable, works uninterrupted and able to support the needs of instructors and learners both perfectly.