Reviews (1-3 of 3)
ProProfs is very intuitive to use. You won't be contacting support trying to figure out how to do stuff. You'll figure it out.
- It's web-based, so you can make a quiz from any device (PC, Mac, tablet, iPhone, etc...), as long as you have an Internet connection. The benefit of this compared to iSpring's Quiz Maker, which makes you use only their PC-based software to create quizzes, is that ProProfs quizzes can be changed on-the-fly if there's a settings error or if there's a mistake in a quiz. That's very useful when students have trouble accessing a quiz.
- ProProfs is reasonably-priced for what you get. I pay about $460 per year for ProProfs, while iSpring charges more than twice that.
- ProProfs makes it very easy to see quiz scores, and shows them in a colorful pie-chart. During a test, I display scores (anonymously) on the screen via the classroom's projector, so students can see how their instantly-graded quiz measures with others' scores. Students like that!
- ProProfs is very bland-looking, rather Web 1.0. They have a very limited-number of templates, and they are not customizable. If the company is making any money, I think they should try to make it as aesthetically pleasing as possible.
- ProProfs quizzes are not responsive to devices. A quiz looks exactly the same on an iPhone as it does on a computer screen. Students live in a world where everything they access online is customized to the device they use, but a ProProfs quiz will have small type on an iPhone, and won't allow a zoom by pinching.
- Uploading images, audio, and video when making a quiz is a time-consuming task. Takes a lot of clicks. And there's no way to see your own library of uploaded stuff, so when you want to use a previously-uploaded image, you can't just find it in your account and attach it, you have to upload the same image every time. It's tedious.
- Other LMSs I've used in the past year, like BookWidgets and iSpring Quiz Maker have a good deal more variety of question types than ProProfs. For example, you can't touch, drag and drop an answer on a blank from a word bank with a ProProfs quiz. Matching-type questions in ProProfs are limited to drop-down menu choices or radio buttons. There's no HTML5 magic at work.
- ProProfs support is not bad (response within a day), but they can't explain frequent glitches that occur. Example: Nearly every time a class takes a quiz, there's ONE student who presses "submit" and their answers don't get submitted; instead, the loading circle just keeps rotating and the student panics, and then the student has to press refresh on their web browser, and --sometimes, but not always-- all their responses are erased and they have to take the quiz again. And there's nothing that a teacher can do. It's dreadful. Tell ProProfs about it, and they dodge the bullet because I wasn't able to give them enough info they required (e.g. what kind of phone?, what kind of OS?, what version?, was the device facing North?, etc).
- ProProfs UI has not changed significantly in the 4 years I've been using them. I get the feeling that they're not trying hard enough.
- Teachers who want to give their quizzes to many students (not just through their own university's LMS).
- Teachers who don't need something to dazzle their students.
- Our larger projects are easy to manage now.
- Easy video uploading helps us to entice the learners.
- I love the fact that I can access the development and performance tracking within the same platform.
- So, far I don't dislike anything about ProProfs LMS as it has helped me achieve my training goals successfully.
- I haven’t encountered any problems so far.
- Would like to see more features on analytics.
ProProfs LMS Software Scorecard Summary
About ProProfs LMS Software
ProProfs LMS is a learning management system software that is designed to help instructors create and deliver online training courses. The LMS offers both businesses and educational institutions comprehensive training solutions by allowing them to create online courses, complemented by tests, surveys, polls and even a knowledge base.
ProProfs LMS Software Screenshots
ProProfs LMS Software Competitors
ProProfs LMS Software Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ProProfs LMS Software Technical Details