- ShieldSquare provides an easy to implement way of identifying website users that could be bots.
- By rating the potential of the user of being a bot, we are able to handle that user in the proper way.
- False positives are extremely rare with ShieldSquare. Plus, their support staff is also available to analyze traffic to specific content, and they can customize their algorithms when necessary to optimize the performance of their solution to suit our needs.
- Overall, I’m happy with bot detection and management features offered by ShieldSquare.
- Bot detection is great, goes far beyond checking user agents or requests/second.
- Support is awesome.
- Supply precompiled versions of nginx with the ShieldSquare connector.
- ShieldSquare can be integrated easily with the out-of-the-box web server plugins and cloud connectors for existing IT infrastructure.
- No specialized hardware or consultants required, which saves a lot in terms of costs and administration overheads for eCommerce businesses like ours.
- The support team thoroughly understands our needs and challenges and then proposes the right course of action suited for our business model.
- It would be nice to allow for more granularity when selecting which bots I'd like to allow through. I contacted support and asked about this and they said this was in the works.
- If you select to show captchas instead of blocking, I feel their captcha screen could use some improvement on the UI/UX to make it more intuitive for users to know what to do. I contacted support and made them aware of this.
- Would be nice to see captchas information in the statistics (i.e. how many captchas were presented, from what IP addresses, how many were filled out correctly),
ShieldSquare Scorecard Summary
ShieldSquare is designed to help online businesses differentiate between human & non-human traffic(bots) on websites & mobile applications. The vendor says its real-time protection enables online businesses to prevent scraping and automated attacks by effectively blocking bots with zero false positives.
The vendor’s value proposition is that with their solution, online businesses are now shielded from threats of price scraping, spam, content theft & click fraud. Additionally, the vendor says ShieldSquare's cloud engine processes billions of Page Views on a monthly basis to unearth malicious bot traffic originating across the globe.
Starts from $59. Price varies on the No.of Page Requests supported per month
ShieldSquare Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
ShieldSquare Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|