TINYpulse is a survey and employee engagement management software solution built to help users manage employee feedback and engagement.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/4x/hx/RIZTNTZTBOD0.pngMakes Me Feel Like My Voice is HeardMy company uses TINYpulse to solicit feedback from us about our experience. Every Wednesday they ask a simple question (for example, "From 1-10, how happy are you at work?" or "how valued do you feel by your team?"). It is also an open and anonymous portal for us to leave suggestions on our own time apart from this weekly pulse question.,The platform asks an easy question each week that typically doesn't take more than a minute or two to respond, which makes it easier for me to set time aside and offer my feedback. Often it's as simple as "rating" my feelings from 1-10 (like how happy I am at work in general). The platform is anonymous, so I feel safe offering any suggestions. You can send "cheers" to specific colleagues, and the platform prompts you to do so when answering a question each week. My personal favorite is the "streak feature." It shows how many questions you've answered in a row, and it's a silly but satisfying method to prompt me to keep responding to not "break my streak." I've answered every question since I started, so it's a cool way to see how much time has passed since I began my job.,I wish I could respond in-email to questions. I get email prompts with each question, but I'm redirected when I respond to the platform. It would be simpler and faster to respond to simple questions directly in the email, especially if they are "yes" or "no" questions or rating questions.,9,I've seen real changes implemented from my suggestions on TINYpulse, even if they're small. We also discuss TINYpulse feedback together as an agency and I think it gives us more control over our work life.,BigTime IQ, Trello,Employee Surveys,Answering simple questions Providing suggestions for your company leadership,Yes, but I don't use it,10TINYpulse is a sound solution to for staying connected to the pulse of your employees !As a start-up company, we knew we wanted and needed to get our employees accustomed to employee engagement surveys early-on. Although it is important to talk about how much we care about and want to hear the thoughts and opinions of employees at all levels at any time it's another to back it up with a legitimate and documented process. Having used everything from the old pencil-and-paper method back in the days of employee satisfaction surveys to leveraging the use of outside firms who specialize in employee surveys, we knew we wanted to find a technology resource, but as a start-up with no PE or VC money behind us, recognized the budget was somewhat limited. TINYpulse proved to be a great find for Caravan Health. With a tremendously-diverse employee population which includes a large number of highly tech-savvy (and tech-preferred!) folks of younger generations, we were concerned with how well we could sell them all on the concept of a survey completed once every twelve or eighteen months, and so the TINYpulse concept of asking just one question every week or every other week seemed compelling as we contemplated our employee demographics. While it has taken us a bit to settle into the "right" cadence which works best for our employees and organization, TINYpulse allows us to (as the name of the platform infers!) keep our finger on the general pulse of the company and our staff by utilizing enterprise-wide.,TINYpulse provides a nice, prepackaged survey platform with a library of suggested questions to use and hard-coded timelines and processes... so it is truly a "plug and play" tool. The platform produces some graphics and other methodology for assisting HR in delivering survey results to the rest of the executive team and/or to share with employees. TINYpulse does a DYNAMIC job in selling the message that the employee's responses are anonymous. Not sure if it is a generational issue or the result of younger generations watching a parent go thru a RIF or other job elimination, but the notion of radically-candid feedback is not one which I've found to be present with many Millennials (here or in past organizations), so this is a big selling point for TINYpulse. The TINYpulse platform offers a "Cheers for Peers" program, allowing the company to promote another form of peer-to-peer recognition which can even be linked to Slack (or nearly any business-based instant messaging system) to create a constant feed for all to see those receiving recognition for going above-and-beyond.,Reporting in TINYpulse is quite limited. While we recognize - and support - the concept of anonymous feedback, it can be abused, and sadly, we have experienced this with a small group of employees who know they can hide behind this "wall of anonymity" and take aim at a manager they don't care for because the manager holds them accountable for their performance or behaviors. As with most such platforms, if the N is <5, the group can't be tracked at all; if the N is >5, it does allow us to track to a job family and even a location code, but still lacking enough detail to take action when there is reasonable cause to believe the tool is being misused. Reporting of employee comments and suggestions cannot be produced in the middle of a "cycle". And since these cycles always run from precisely one survey question to the next, this means HR must wait until the prior survey has completely closed before any reports can be extracted. This inefficiency can't be explained by anyone at TINYpulse beyond "that is how we set it up", which is not a great response. If I or anyone else on the C-team sees something of concern within the first few days of a particular survey question's release, we want to be able to dig in and try to assess where the greatest "bleeding" may be coming from so that we can take action... but this is not allowed by the system. Some of the suggested questions from the TINYpulse question library are simply silly (which results in employees questioning just how seriously we take the use of the program). As one recent example, the scheduled question was to the effect of "You just opened a fortune cookie about your company. What does it say?" With no context at all around such a question, most of the responses/comments we received were along the lines of "are you kidding me?" !! (and I'd have to agree; not certain what business context such a question can address) We attempted to explain it away by suggesting it was a creative way for the company to ask the employee to consider how they would want the company to be perceived by those outside and inside the organization in the future... but the response wasn't well-received. Most still felt it was just silly.,9,The use of TINYpulse has allowed us to uncover a number of employee interests related to our benefit plans which was used in our 2018 benefit plan offerings. TINYpulse has been instrumental in helping the executive team identify a number of policy/process issues which needed to be addressed or updated to better meet both employee and operational needs. TINYpulse comments have been helpful in identifying a couple of managers exhibiting unacceptable behaviors, yet were flying just enough below the radar that no one at the executive of Sr. management level were aware of these behaviors. We were able to initiate investigations based on allegations or concerns raised by survey comments submitted and deal appropriately with each.,TalentKeeper, Employera and Waggl,Slack, Lattice HQ, SmartDraw,Employee SurveysHonest Feedback and Pulse of Your OrganizationWe use TINYpulse across our whole company. We use it to ask weekly questions to all of our employees, which they can then answer anonymously. This gives us a better, more honest read on how our employees feel about certain issues and situations. We can identify pain points among our employees, while giving them an opportunity to voice their opinions and feelings with the comfort of anonymity. TINYpulse also allows all of our users to submit suggestions they may have, and send Cheers to one another for a job well done. TINYpulse has an on-boarding feature for new employees, that allows us to as new employees a different set of questions about their new experience with the company. After a short period of time, they can be transitioned into the normal flow of questioning. It allows them to become more acclimated with the company and our use of TINYpulse before they jump in.,TINYpulse allows admins to create custom questions to ask the entire company, and allows users to answer those questions anonymously. The responses are then available to the admins to review, without a user's name attached. TINYpulse has a great reporting feature for all of the questions asked. You can look back on previous questions and answers and identify trends. TINYpulse also allows the admins to reply to user responses while keeping the user's identity anonymous. This encourages open dialogue. When we have contacted TINYpulse for questions, they have always been very helpful.,TINYpulse sometimes makes updates to their app and website, and when navigating as an admin, I have found some of the links to be broken after an update. The pricing structure of TINYpulse has changed since we first began using it, changing from a pay per user amount to a bulk-buy amount. This led to some confusion when we went to add more users.,9,We have been able to implement a number of suggestions that our employees have posted on TINYpulse, things that our management may not have thought of but made a positive difference. We are able to identify pain points before they become a systemic problem, and can act to correct our shortcomings or adjust procedures to remedy the situation. Sending Cheers to employees is a real morale booster for everyone.,None,HubSpot, Box, Delighted, Trello, Slack, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop,Employee Surveys
TINYpulse

TINYpulse Reviews

TINYpulse
Filter 9 vetted TINYpulse reviews and ratings
Tanner Walters profile photo
May 04, 2018

TINYpulse Review: "Makes Me Feel Like My Voice is Heard"

• The platform asks an easy question each week that typically doesn't take more than a minute or two to respond, which makes it easier for me to set time aside and offer my feedback. Often it's as simple as "rating" my feelings from 1-10 (like how happy I am at work in general).
  • The platform is anonymous, so I feel safe offering any suggestions.
  • You can send "cheers" to specific colleagues, and the platform prompts you to do so when answering a question each week.
  • My personal favorite is the "streak feature." It shows how many questions you've answered in a row, and it's a silly but satisfying method to prompt me to keep responding to not "break my streak." I've answered every question since I started, so it's a cool way to see how much time has passed since I began my job.
  • I wish I could respond in-email to questions. I get email prompts with each question, but I'm redirected when I respond to the platform. It would be simpler and faster to respond to simple questions directly in the email, especially if they are "yes" or "no" questions or rating questions.
Well-suited for companies looking to get better feedback from employees. It's probably perfect for my organization (around 80 employees) because our COO can respond directly to our concerns. It might be less effective for larger organizations, but I can't speak much to that.
Read Tanner Walters's full review
Brad Holliday, PHR, SHRM-CP, CBM, MBA profile photo
April 11, 2018

Review: "TINYpulse is a sound solution to for staying connected to the pulse of your employees !"

• TINYpulse provides a nice, prepackaged survey platform with a library of suggested questions to use and hard-coded timelines and processes... so it is truly a "plug and play" tool.
  • The platform produces some graphics and other methodology for assisting HR in delivering survey results to the rest of the executive team and/or to share with employees.
  • TINYpulse does a DYNAMIC job in selling the message that the employee's responses are anonymous. Not sure if it is a generational issue or the result of younger generations watching a parent go thru a RIF or other job elimination, but the notion of radically-candid feedback is not one which I've found to be present with many Millennials (here or in past organizations), so this is a big selling point for TINYpulse.
  • The TINYpulse platform offers a "Cheers for Peers" program, allowing the company to promote another form of peer-to-peer recognition which can even be linked to Slack (or nearly any business-based instant messaging system) to create a constant feed for all to see those receiving recognition for going above-and-beyond.
  • Reporting in TINYpulse is quite limited. While we recognize - and support - the concept of anonymous feedback, it can be abused, and sadly, we have experienced this with a small group of employees who know they can hide behind this "wall of anonymity" and take aim at a manager they don't care for because the manager holds them accountable for their performance or behaviors. As with most such platforms, if the N is <5, the group can't be tracked at all; if the N is >5, it does allow us to track to a job family and even a location code, but still lacking enough detail to take action when there is reasonable cause to believe the tool is being misused.
  • Reporting of employee comments and suggestions cannot be produced in the middle of a "cycle". And since these cycles always run from precisely one survey question to the next, this means HR must wait until the prior survey has completely closed before any reports can be extracted. This inefficiency can't be explained by anyone at TINYpulse beyond "that is how we set it up", which is not a great response. If I or anyone else on the C-team sees something of concern within the first few days of a particular survey question's release, we want to be able to dig in and try to assess where the greatest "bleeding" may be coming from so that we can take action... but this is not allowed by the system.
  • Some of the suggested questions from the TINYpulse question library are simply silly (which results in employees questioning just how seriously we take the use of the program). As one recent example, the scheduled question was to the effect of "You just opened a fortune cookie about your company. What does it say?" With no context at all around such a question, most of the responses/comments we received were along the lines of "are you kidding me?" !! (and I'd have to agree; not certain what business context such a question can address) We attempted to explain it away by suggesting it was a creative way for the company to ask the employee to consider how they would want the company to be perceived by those outside and inside the organization in the future... but the response wasn't well-received. Most still felt it was just silly.
TINYpulse is likely best-suited for smaller and less corporately-mature organizations... but I could also see keeping this in place even as we triple and quadruple in size. A question which remains open for me is whether we rely solely on TINYpulse for our employee engagement survey, or do we also conduct a larger, broader survey once each year or so in an effort to get to deeper, more-meaningful topics.
Read Brad Holliday, PHR, SHRM-CP, CBM, MBA's full review
Dave Becker profile photo
February 28, 2018

TINYpulse Review: "Honest Feedback and Pulse of Your Organization"

• TINYpulse allows admins to create custom questions to ask the entire company, and allows users to answer those questions anonymously. The responses are then available to the admins to review, without a user's name attached.
  • TINYpulse has a great reporting feature for all of the questions asked. You can look back on previous questions and answers and identify trends.
  • TINYpulse also allows the admins to reply to user responses while keeping the user's identity anonymous. This encourages open dialogue.
  • When we have contacted TINYpulse for questions, they have always been very helpful.
  • TINYpulse sometimes makes updates to their app and website, and when navigating as an admin, I have found some of the links to be broken after an update.
  • The pricing structure of TINYpulse has changed since we first began using it, changing from a pay per user amount to a bulk-buy amount. This led to some confusion when we went to add more users.
TINYpulse is a great platform to ask questions to your employees and receive honest feedback. It is great for asking questions that may take some thought to answer, or may make some employees feel nervous about answering truthfully in person (thoughts on employee benefits or company culture for example). Because the feedback and responses are anonymous, it's best to use if you have a team who will not abuse the system as a place to vent or un-constructively criticize.
Read Dave Becker's full review

Survey templates (2)
9.5
Themes (1)
Custom logo/branding (2)
Changes to live survey (1)
Question design help (2)
6.5
Multiple question types (2)
Survey logic flexibility (2)
5.0