Reviews (1-4 of 4)
- Near real-time visibility into project financials. As soon as the employees save their time for the day, you can get a good measure of project financial performance. Work authorizations are embedded into Unanet so unintentional overruns are virtually eliminated.
- Nice integration with the Joint Travel Regulations. It is easy to import the latest rate tables for both CONUS and OCONUS destinations.
- Good customer support and highly responsive. Webinars on new features are free and broadcast on a regular basis. Feedback to suggestions for new features are addressed in a very timely fashion.
- It is easy to structure Unanet to support DCAA practices to be able to get approval for cost plus jobs.
- With exports to .csv files, it is easy to extract data for further analysis beyond the relatively rich built-in reporting features.
- No support for MRP for production, bill of materials, inventory, etc. While service oriented companies don't need this, this would be helpful for companies that also have product lines.
- Limited reporting support for vendors and customers although some of this is expected in the next release.
- Current lack of interactive reports to support drill down to get additional detail about certain records or transactions. This is planned for the next release so we'll see how well this is supported.
- No support for adding supporting documents/attachments to previously posted entries without voiding them and reentering them. We sometimes get receipts and even invoices a few days after the entry is made and posted.
- No real support for capitalized assets for depreciation calculations. We currently do this outside of Unanet, but it would be nice if it was integrated.
- The time keeping component works well. It gives a level of confidentiality we did not have in our previous home grown system.
- We are able to set up projects based on a number of criteria, allowing us to differentiate for reporting purposes.
- We can easily import billing information into our Financial system from Unanet, when previously we would manually enter this information.
- We have timesheets set up on a monthly basis. Staff may work on anywhere from a few to 20 or more different projects in a month. The timesheet does not allow you to freeze columns or rows, so as the sheet takes up more than the screen it can be confusing to stay on the correct line.
- The approval process for time and expenses is challenging. Any change initiated by one project manager requires every project manager associated with the timesheet to have to re-approve. This waste a lot of time my very busy leadership team could use elsewhere.
- As long as timesheets are entered correctly, i.e. staff are selecting the exact right project to record their time, information flows to the customer billing process easily. If they don't changes are time consuming and cumbersome to make.
- There were a lot of things we found out the hard way that I thought the implementation team could have warned us about. For example, we gave all our projects a 10-digit code. The number of digits was great. The fact that some of the codes then start with "0" is. When you export from Unanet you get a CSV file. CSV files drop the leading "0" from the worksheet. So if you make a change to a large group of projects that should be easy, you have to correct all those project codes by adding the "0" back or Unanet can't match it up. When I'm dealing with hundreds of lines on a worksheet that is a problem. The implementation team should have warned me about that.
- Unanet integrates with our current ARP system which allow the changes made in Dynamics to flow over to Unanet which ensures accuracy between systems.
- The ability to export and import templates is a very strong feature of Unanet as well. We deal with many changes in assignments, additions of projects, importing of time from legacy systems, and countless other bulk data uploads which are handled extremely well by the import and export features. This is one of the more important strengths in the Unanet system in my view.
- Reporting is also a very strong feature in Unanet. Besides the volume of project, accounting, and user reports, the ability to save individual reports with such detailed criteria is a great benefit. Most if not all of our project managers have their own personalized reports which allow them to drill down and view data their on their preferred level.
- Would like to be able to search for users by first name as well as last name.
- Would like to be able to modify save and share some of the canned reports.
- It is scaleable and cost-effective. It allows you to set up an operation for a startup company and scale it accordingly, including costs, as you grow. It can implement as little or as much rigor as you desire into your finance and accounting operations. We are excited to further understand and eventually implement Unanet financial as it seems to be on a strong trajectory in its early stages.
- It is very user friendly. Being used throughout all departments, there are not many parts of Unanet that a user will not be able to figure out pretty easily.
- It is very nice for tracking all people and projects in the same place and makes it easy to calculate loads and margins on specific people and projects.
- The billing module does not offer enough diversity. For example, Unanet does not have the capability of billing daily rate invoices - only hourly or fixed price.
- Tracking expenses was quite difficult for us at first as it is hard to track expenses (by voucher # or by date). Assuming you invoice by date, if a new voucher is entered after you invoice, it will never be recognized. Once we implemented the billing module, this tracks it much better though.
Unanet Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Unanet™ Project ERP Software is built for professional services organizations. Unanet delivers Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Project Portfolio Management (PPM) software integrated with Financials to help organizations that need to reliably plan, track and manage projects and people. Unanet provides resource management, opportunity / project management, timesheets, expense reports, workforce collaboration, invoicing, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cost pool calculations in a single software application.
According to the vendor, Unanet Provides:
- Real-time visual insight into the progress and performance of your projects and people
- Optimize resources based on availability, skills, and budget
- Staff projects for the long and short term using resource requesting or spreadsheet-like grid planning
- Improve accuracy, time, and costs for timesheet and expense report data; capture via the web
- Maximize revenue with utilization and revenue forecasts
- Enhance project management, budgeting and real-time reporting
- Integrate with existing accounting, payroll and ERP systems
- Report on direct and indirect project costs, and project profitability in real-time
- Manage the entire bid-to-bill lifecycle with revenue recognition and invoicing
- Manage and report on Time & Materials, Fixed Price, Pre-Bill and Cost Plus Projects
Unanet Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||20%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||70%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||10%|
Unanet Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Unanet Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|