Deltek Costpoint is an ERP soluftion designed for government contractors built around project management and accounting capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/dB/Vw/2IU62LUK80G3.pngI love DeltekDeltek is being used by my organization for our financial system.,I love how you can cut a check and it opens a PDF version so it can be saved for retention at a later date if needed. I love how you can research vendor history different ways. It allows you to input a range or just enter one at a time. I also love that there are tons of reports that can be run to help with any projects.,I do not like how sometimes there are fields grayed out and it does not allow you to select the option you would like. (ie: Account# or Project#) I do not like some of the errors that pop up as they are not clear exactly what needs to be corrected in order to save the voucher. It puts the red bar around it but doesn't explain all the time.,10,I would say that it is very expensive but I do feel like it has been structured around us to work for us in the proper way.,,OnBase by Hyland, DPS Outlook OfficeThe Possibilities are EndlessDeltek Costpoint is being used by the Finance & Accounting mainly. Other departments use it as needed to gain required information.,I love the capability to look at my project data at specific levels or to roll it up to the top level. This allows management to see just what they need and not have a lot of extraneous data. It allows you to really personalize how you want your project information set up. The ability to set users up with just the permissions to see gather the information needed. Specifically making sure that the information can only be changed by the proper people. That way we can make sure that separation of duties is maintained and sensitive information can be protected. Having the chance to personalize reports to each user is awesome. Then you don't have to wade through mountains of unneeded data.,What I dislike is closely related to what I like about Costpoint. You can easily get lost in the multitude of menus. Although that is being constantly looked at and worked on. Some of the processes are extremely complicated and If your are not careful you can easily mess up the whole process with one change. Although the error notifications are really good at preventing this from happening often!,9,The additional characters have given us more depth to grow and add new projects. We have been able to increase our report potential for project management by having a more detailed look at the project at specific times. We are working on streamlining our billing process. This will allow use to get our invoices out to our customers faster. Then hopefully get paid faster and therefore increase our active cash management.,Deltek GCS,Microsoft Office 2016CostPoint is a powerful tool in a power packed industryCostpoint is being used across our company as the primarily accounting and finance system. It works to solve all accounting, finance and project management related issues like revenue recognition, billing, invoices and accounts payable.,Costpoint is really good with providing users with a variety of accounting solutions from Project Setups to revenue recognition to Purchase orders. This software has it all under one roof. Costpoint has the ability to handle large amounts of data and it neatly organize that data in the form of meaningful reports. Costpoint interfaces really well with other Deltek products like Time and Expense and Cognos and makes the use of data across multiple platforms seem seamless.,Costpoint can be a bit more user friendly as compared to its competitors and would therefore be easier for people to pick up Costpoint also struggles to interface well with other non-Deltek owned software and provides difficult challenges to companies with large structures and organizations using multiple tools. Certain tables in Costpoint can be really hard to monitor from an audit trail perspective and these row updates on the data tables are not readily accessible to front end users.,8,Costpoint has made it possible for our business to get our invoices paid quickly and on time Costpoint has made it possible for our business to get a ISO audits cleared every year Costpoint has made it possible for our business to always setup projects in a standardized manner that either meets or goes beyond the industry standards.,Unanet,IBM Cognos, Unanet, MS SharePointAn Semi In Depth Review of Deltek Costpoint from a Tech GuyDeltek Costpoint, as well as Time and Expenses, is used by 95% of our whole organization from accounting to operations. My team and I assist in troubleshooting, upgrading as well as administrating Costpoint. We are currently on CP 7.1 but migrating to the most current version. Costpoint is heavily utilized by our accounting department from invoicing, billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Costpoint has also been integrated into Cognos. My company hopes to deploy the asset and inventory management modules by end of 2018.,Invoicing Billing Cost Accrual,System Resource Hog Support Resolution Time Unified Patching and System Visibility Reporting & Analytics,7,The additional resources provide my company and senior management with more depth to grow and add new projects. Streamlining our invoicing and billing process. Makes accounting happy when invoices are sent out on time and are paid. Shortening our closing and provides report potential for project management with more detailed analysis of reports.,,Microsoft Office 365,50Deltek CP UserIt is used by the Finance Department. It addresses consolidation of all our data in one location.,Updates on what's new Resource material to read on for troubleshooting especially Customer service who reach out and follow up on queries,Quick response turn around Get more skilled representatives to resolve issues fast Question and Answer platforms that one can easily get information on day to day errors,8,Productivity improvement Time management increased Errors reduced
Deltek Costpoint

Deltek Costpoint Reviews

Deltek Costpoint
Filter 17 vetted Deltek Costpoint reviews and ratings
Lakesha Lockett profile photo
April 24, 2018

Deltek Costpoint Review: "I love Deltek"

Deltek is being used by my organization for our financial system.
  • I love how you can cut a check and it opens a PDF version so it can be saved for retention at a later date if needed.
  • I love how you can research vendor history different ways. It allows you to input a range or just enter one at a time.
  • I also love that there are tons of reports that can be run to help with any projects.
  • I do not like how sometimes there are fields grayed out and it does not allow you to select the option you would like. (ie: Account# or Project#)
  • I do not like some of the errors that pop up as they are not clear exactly what needs to be corrected in order to save the voucher. It puts the red bar around it but doesn't explain all the time.
Deltek is very easy to use and I love that it has worked for all the companies I have worked for. It is structured around my workload and I never have any issues. I feel there are a couple of things that can be corrected but nothing major. I love the layout.
Read Lakesha Lockett's full review
Rachel Wheeler profile photo
February 22, 2018

Deltek Costpoint Review: "The Possibilities are Endless"

• I love the capability to look at my project data at specific levels or to roll it up to the top level. This allows management to see just what they need and not have a lot of extraneous data. It allows you to really personalize how you want your project information set up.
  • The ability to set users up with just the permissions to see gather the information needed. Specifically making sure that the information can only be changed by the proper people. That way we can make sure that separation of duties is maintained and sensitive information can be protected.
  • Having the chance to personalize reports to each user is awesome. Then you don't have to wade through mountains of unneeded data.
  • What I dislike is closely related to what I like about Costpoint. You can easily get lost in the multitude of menus. Although that is being constantly looked at and worked on.
  • Some of the processes are extremely complicated and If your are not careful you can easily mess up the whole process with one change. Although the error notifications are really good at preventing this from happening often!
Deltek Costpoint is an amazing system. Make sure that you review what you need your software to do and then examine if it is the best fit for what you need. Look at your company processes to choose the best integration process. Meet with several integration consultants to find the one that understands what you company's needs during the integration and testing process. Also make sure that your staff is properly trained. Deltek provides many ways in which to gain the required training from Deltek University to webinars, white papers, and highly knowledgeable consultants.
Read Rachel Wheeler's full review
April 10, 2018

Deltek Costpoint Review: "CostPoint is a powerful tool in a power packed industry"

• Costpoint is really good with providing users with a variety of accounting solutions from Project Setups to revenue recognition to Purchase orders. This software has it all under one roof.
  • Costpoint has the ability to handle large amounts of data and it neatly organize that data in the form of meaningful reports.
  • Costpoint interfaces really well with other Deltek products like Time and Expense and Cognos and makes the use of data across multiple platforms seem seamless.
  • Costpoint can be a bit more user friendly as compared to its competitors and would therefore be easier for people to pick up
  • Costpoint also struggles to interface well with other non-Deltek owned software and provides difficult challenges to companies with large structures and organizations using multiple tools.
  • Certain tables in Costpoint can be really hard to monitor from an audit trail perspective and these row updates on the data tables are not readily accessible to front end users.
Deltek Costpoint is really well suited for the use in a government contracting industry environment.

Deltek Costpoint is not the best suited when it comes to use in the commercial accounting and finance world.
April 10, 2018

"An Semi In Depth Review of Deltek Costpoint from a Tech Guy"

• Invoicing
  • Billing
  • Cost Accrual
  • System Resource Hog
  • Support Resolution Time
  • Unified Patching and System Visibility
  • Reporting & Analytics
We utilize Costpoint for many aspects of our business in particular accounting and operations. We heavily rely on this system for our everyday business needs in regards to reporting, payroll and accounts payable. It has easy workflow, general ledger, and configurable accounting as well as sub-ledger and financial process functionality.
February 23, 2018

Deltek Costpoint Review: "Deltek CP User"

• Updates on what's new
  • Resource material to read on for troubleshooting especially
  • Customer service who reach out and follow up on queries
  • Quick response turn around
  • Get more skilled representatives to resolve issues fast
  • Question and Answer platforms that one can easily get information on day to day errors
Well suited for Government contracting, less suited for small businesses
Lynne Green profile photo
June 28, 2017

Deltek Costpoint Review: "Costpoint 7 all the way"

We use Costpoint for many aspects of our business. We heavily rely on this system for our everyday business needs. It personally has been a great help with being more productive and provides and easier workflow.
  • Ease of use
  • Great customer service
  • Multiple functionalities
  • Some of the functions don't always work properly
  • Unnecessary warnings when entering invoices against a PO
I rely heavily on Costpoint every day for my accounting needs. The only issues I tend to have with using Costpoint are some of the reporting functions and converting to reports to other programs such as Excel.
Read Lynne Green's full review

Deltek Costpoint Scorecard Summary

Pay calculation (2)
Benefit plan administration (2)
Direct deposit files (3)
Salary revision and increment management (2)
Reimbursement management (3)
API for custom integration (2)
Plug-ins (2)
5.5
Single sign-on capability (5)
Role-based user permissions (4)
Dashboards (2)
Standard reports (5)
Custom reports (6)
Accounts payable (6)
Accounts receivable (4)
Global Financial Support (2)
5.0
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (2)
Intercompany Accounting (4)
Localizations (3)
6.0
Journals and Reconciliations (4)
Enterprise Accounting (3)
Configurable Accounting (4)
Centralized Rules Framework (3)
Standardized Processes (4)
Inventory tracking (1)
Automatic reordering (1)
Location management (1)
Manufacturing module (1)
Pricing (2)
Order entry (2)
Credit card processing (2)
Cost of goods sold (2)
Order Orchestration (2)
6.5
End-to-end order visibility (2)
6.5
Order exception Resolution (2)
Automated Invoice Processing (4)
Shared Services Payments (3)
Billings Management (4)
Customer Receipt Applications (5)
Customer Collections (3)
Revenue Recognition (4)
Cash Management (4)
Asset Management (4)
Travel & Expense Management (4)
Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting (4)
Period Close (4)
Transactions Tax (3)
Subledger Reconciliations (2)
3rd Party Accounting Systems (2)
6.5
Budgeting and Forecasting (3)
Project Costing (3)
Cost Capture (2)
Capital Project Management (1)
Customer Invoicing (2)
Customer Contract Compliance (1)
Project Revenue Recognition (3)
6.4
Project Financial Performance Analysis (3)
6.7
Project Financials Dashboard (1)
Real-time Financial Reporting (1)
Embedded Business Intelligence (1)
Project Planning Collaboration (2)
Project Planning and Scheduling (1)
Project Manager Dashboard (1)
Resource Manager Dashboard (1)
Task Insight for Project Managers (2)
Project Manager Mobile Functionality (1)
Team Member Task Collaboration (1)
Team Member Mobile Functionality (1)
Project Candidate Search (1)
Project Candidate Comparison and Analysis (1)
Defineable Resource Pools (1)
Defineable Resource Pools (1)
Talent Profiles (1)
Real-Time Project Reporting (1)
Absence Management (1)
Product Lifecycle Management (1)
Award Lifecycle Management (3)
Spending Control (2)
Indirect Cost Management (3)
Billing (3)
Sourcing Team Collaboration (1)
Sourcing Analysis (1)
Bids Analyzed and Compared (1)
Catalog Shopping E-Commerce for Employees (1)
Contract Authoring (1)
Contract Compliance Management (1)
Contract History (2)
Contract Renewal Automation (1)
Contract Repository (1)
Contract Standardization and Enforcement (1)
Electronic Signatures (1)
Invoice Automated Matching (1)
Purchasing Risk and Compliance Management (1)
Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated (1)
Spend Compliance Management (1)
Supplier Assessment (1)
Supplier Communication and Collaboration (1)
Supplier Management (1)
Supplier Portal (1)
Risk Repository (2)
Control Management (2)
Control Mapping (2)
Control Efficiency Assessments (1)
Automated Control Assessments (1)
Assessment Capture (1)
Issue Detection (1)
Automatic Notification (1)
Remediation and Certification (1)
Transportation Planning and Optimization (2)
Transportation Sourcing Management (2)
6.5
Transportation Process Integration (2)
Transportation Execution Management (2)
Freight Payment Automation (1)
Trade Management (1)
Trade Regulatory Compliance Management (1)
Customs Entry Management (2)
6.0
Customs Document Management (2)
Customs Document Collaboration (2)
Fulfillment Management (2)
Inventory Visibility (2)
5.5
Warehouse Workforce Management (1)
Production Process Design (2)
Supply Chain Business Flows (1)
Production Management (2)
Contracted Manufacturing Management (2)
Configuration Management (2)
Work Definition (2)
Work Execution (2)
Advanced Fulfillment (2)
Manufacturing Costs (1)
Forecasting (2)
Inventory Planning (2)
6.0
Multi-tier Supply Chain Planning (2)
Performance Monitoring (2)
Ideation Management (2)
Requirements Management (2)
Proposal Management (2)
6.0
Innovation Portfolio Management (2)
Product Master Data Management (2)
Vendor Portal (2)
5.0
Project Portfolio Management (2)

About Deltek Costpoint