https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/6w/xZ/1JX08GQMRIWU.PNGFirst product I'm proud to use!Vidyo first came about with my organization for telehealth usage. As a HIPAA compliant software this was essential for the use with secure conferencing, but most importantly secure telehealth visits with patients and families. Due to the nature of licensing of the software on our end, Vidyo has been extended for use in the HR and Business meeting spaces - hosting remote video conferences and conducting candidate interviews. Although other video programs are popular, I know there were troubles with getting programs like Skype effectively setup for all end users. Vidyo solved this problem with ease of setup and usage for numerous areas. Reviews are my personal opinions only, and not that of Children's Hospital Colorado.,Ease of giving access to outside users via direct email link. Send out a public or private (permanent or temporary) link that provides access to the room to anyone They simply click the link to first download the desktop or mobile version based on device. Then they use that very same link to immediately join the room. No hassle of setting up and verifying accounts as you do with others. Almost no technical problems of having to allow the application to access microphone or camera - common issue with Skype in my experience. Most importantly, it's secure as you want it to be. No worries about information sharing, leaking, and Vidyo give great ability to share your screen, take control, and display documents.,More updates. Unless these are being implemented under the radar I don't personally see much communication around bug or network fixes. As with most telehealth technology it's improving rapidly, but still not perfect. Speaking on medical provider’s behalf they still don't love some of the tools and how they feed through Vidyo - sound quality, consistency of tools, etc. Only real trouble I've seen is when people attempt to call into it like a conference line. Should be utilized for video conferencing only, but improvement could be made for a fully functioning conferencing tool.,9,It's allowed for rapid expansion of telemedicine programs within my organization. As a likely future form of every day care, Vidyo has allowed us to bring a revenue generating program that is well suited for success in the future. Improved partnership with community practices and providers, and allowed my organization to build relationships with other healthcare facilities across the state and beyond. Helping build integrated health information sharing, and bringing our facilities expertise to rural communities in the central US. Provides our remote patients and families a sense of access to exceptional care. Being able to see and talk to their doctors form the comfort of their home cannot be priced. Removed high costs associated with flying in candidates for first or even second round interviews.,Skype, Skype for Business, Google Hangouts and Workplace by Facebook,Epic Healthy Planet, Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey,9,I think the implementation of the product went flawlessly. Its been easy for the organization to grow our telehealth program and expand the Vidyo software to other business areas. This would not have been possible with the support of Vidyo licensing and ensuring success on our severs and network. Overall I've heard of no negative encounters with Vidyo.Once you log in - it's a great tool for video conferencingWe use it for video conferencing purposes for education. To be honest, my personal experience with Vidyo wasn't as great as I would've liked it to be because I have faced several problems with it. If not for them, Vidyo is good because it offers "rooms" which people can join (for our case, it was the students from all over the world) and we can all see the teacher's screen and him/her as well and, like with Skype, Zoom, and Google Hangouts, it highlights the one who is speaking by bringing their video (or avatar) to the front.,I didn't have to sign up, I just need to log into the "room" I was supposed to, so unlike Skype or other instruments, I didn't need to spend time and create my own account. To be honest, the largest online class I've attended had 10 people in it (besides the teacher), but it was a good quality connection. I enjoyed the ability to ask questions or clarifications in the chat (without having to turn on my microphone, so that the teacher could answer the question when he/she finished the thought).,Google Chrome hates Vidyo (it feels like that, anyway). There is a special plug-in that you have to install, but the Vidyo website doesn't always catch the fact that you've installed the plug-in and keeps asking... or just ignores you (while you're running around in panic because you're missing the lecture). Safari works fine most of the time, but I had a couple of times when I would login to the session I was supposed to attend... no one would be in the "room"... so I'd get suspicious and re-login to the very same session... and TA DA, the lecture has been going on without me (because I signed in too early, before the teacher did - that was my guess).,6,It did help us reach the objective of education - after a while, everyone had a chance to connect and the quality of video/audio once you're in is great. It's just getting there that isn't up to par (but hopefully would be changed in next versions).,Skype, Zoom and Google Hangouts,Buffer, Unbounce,Yes,Product Features Third-party Reviews,We'd probably go with Zoom now that we've tried Vidyo. The onboarding is much easier with Zoom and besides, it's cheaper. However, I wasn't in the team who made the final decision so I am not sure what other options were considered in the selection process.Vidyo ReviewIn my company (a telecom company) we use Vidyo every day. We have offices in Chile, Peru, and Colombia. It helps us reduce travel costs. We also offer Vidyo to our customers. We use VidyoDesktop, VidyoMovil, and VidyoRooms in every city of our coverage in Chile.,Vidyo is easy to use Vidyo can share files and screens, it has a mobile app and it can be used with low bandwidth Vidyo has a good support team Vidyo has support for Linux,It needs to have interoperability with skype It needs to go down with its prices It needs to have more tools for troubleshooting,7,Less travel Less hours on displacement No need to use traditional phone calls,Skype for Business,Skype for Business, Microsoft Office 365, VNC Connectvidyo partnerVidyo is an integral part of our company. We resell Vidyo to corporations. What sets Vidyo aside from the competition is its encoding and offline vidyo conferencing. It is a very reliable tool that works well on PC, Mac, and mobile devices. One huge drawback is the limited support for WebRTC. Basically, you need to install plugins that may or may not work to get proper browser support. The layout for the application might throw many people off and can be a huge drawback. Someone must really redesign the whole application and rebrand the company to be more friendly. Working with their API is a nightmare, everything hangs on a thread and bugs are not fixed but remedied. I wonder if the original developers quit and improvements are very slow now.,Amazing video quality thanks to superior encoding Offline deployment makes it perfect for the government sector Dedicated vidyo hardware,The design and the branding give little to be desired Customer support is below average The API must be rewritten and add more functions that are commonly requested. Project codes are not well maintained and hard to find.,7High quality video conferences and easy-friendly softwareWe currently use Vidyo at my company to facilitate global communication between regions and departments. We are a German-based enterprise with 24 production plants in at least 13 countries, so we use it worldwide for communication between locations. Every department and every location uses Vidyo as our main video conference software.,Video Conference Calls - Good quality of image and voice for as many participants as you need. Webinars - Good for sessions where we have one main presenter and a big or small audience. Screen sharing - Allows you to share your screen.,Video recording - Ability to record conferences and calls. Layout Options for one main speaker - to be able to only see the presenter and no other participants in a webinar scenario.,8,Very positive impact and painless implementation and adapting process. Very good and responsive technical support.,Join.me, Skype for Business, FreeConference.com and WebEx Meetings,Join.me, Skype for Business, WebEx Meetings
Vidyo

Vidyo Reviews

Vidyo
Filter 9 vetted Vidyo reviews and ratings
John Pavarini profile photo
September 21, 2018

Vidyo Review: "First product I'm proud to use!"

• Ease of giving access to outside users via direct email link. Send out a public or private (permanent or temporary) link that provides access to the room to anyone They simply click the link to first download the desktop or mobile version based on device. Then they use that very same link to immediately join the room.
  • No hassle of setting up and verifying accounts as you do with others. Almost no technical problems of having to allow the application to access microphone or camera - common issue with Skype in my experience.
  • Most importantly, it's secure as you want it to be. No worries about information sharing, leaking, and Vidyo give great ability to share your screen, take control, and display documents.
  • More updates. Unless these are being implemented under the radar I don't personally see much communication around bug or network fixes.
  • As with most telehealth technology it's improving rapidly, but still not perfect. Speaking on medical provider’s behalf they still don't love some of the tools and how they feed through Vidyo - sound quality, consistency of tools, etc.
  • Only real trouble I've seen is when people attempt to call into it like a conference line. Should be utilized for video conferencing only, but improvement could be made for a fully functioning conferencing tool.
I've had HR professionals ask about using it for interviews. Gone are the days where we have to spend hundreds of dollars to fly candidates in or limit ourselves to phone interviews. Vidyo with it's high reliability has saved the organization thousands in travel costs with candidate recruitment. Business meetings that can often be troubling to get leaders and executive all in one room, Vidyo has functioned extraordinarily well in bringing in people from home, on the road, or the airport. Mobile capabilities are easy and fast.

Quick daily calls and chats in the office are probably best suited for the free options out there as Vidyo is not a free service like others. Better yet general phone calls will suffice.
Read John Pavarini's full review
Zee Gimon profile photo
August 17, 2018

Vidyo Review: "Once you log in - it's a great tool for video conferencing"

• I didn't have to sign up, I just need to log into the "room" I was supposed to, so unlike Skype or other instruments, I didn't need to spend time and create my own account.
  • To be honest, the largest online class I've attended had 10 people in it (besides the teacher), but it was a good quality connection.
  • I enjoyed the ability to ask questions or clarifications in the chat (without having to turn on my microphone, so that the teacher could answer the question when he/she finished the thought).
  • Google Chrome hates Vidyo (it feels like that, anyway). There is a special plug-in that you have to install, but the Vidyo website doesn't always catch the fact that you've installed the plug-in and keeps asking... or just ignores you (while you're running around in panic because you're missing the lecture).
  • Safari works fine most of the time, but I had a couple of times when I would login to the session I was supposed to attend... no one would be in the "room"... so I'd get suspicious and re-login to the very same session... and TA DA, the lecture has been going on without me (because I signed in too early, before the teacher did - that was my guess).
Once you're in the "room" you're supposed to be in, everything works great and I really enjoy Vidyo. But the signing in process might kill all the upcoming joy because it just feels very... tricky, to say the least. As I have mentioned in the drawbacks, Google Chrome didn't work for me at all, so I was forced to switch to Safari (when I was on my home computer) and I think I have used Mozilla Firefox when I was on my work computer. But still, considering I always use Chrome for everything, this was frustrating (especially when you don't have time to fiddle with these things).
Read Zee Gimon's full review
Francisco Moraga profile photo
April 05, 2018

"Vidyo Review"

• Vidyo is easy to use
  • Vidyo can share files and screens, it has a mobile app and it can be used with low bandwidth
  • Vidyo has a good support team
  • Vidyo has support for Linux
  • It needs to have interoperability with Skype
  • It needs to go down with its prices
  • It needs to have more tools for troubleshooting
  • It is suited in the healthcare industry and it has some case studies.
  • It also helps teleworkers across our country, to be in touch with customers in remote areas.
  • It also has been a great help to remotely assist our support team.
  • And it has the API released to make some basic customization for our costumers.
Read Francisco Moraga's full review
April 28, 2017

User Review: "vidyo partner"

• Amazing video quality thanks to superior encoding
  • Offline deployment makes it perfect for the government sector
  • Dedicated vidyo hardware
  • The design and the branding give little to be desired
  • Customer support is below average
  • The API must be rewritten and add more functions that are commonly requested.
  • Project codes are not well maintained and hard to find.
if you want privacy and your own internal infrastructure. vidyo can be deployed locally without the use of cloud services.
April 27, 2017

Vidyo Review: "High quality video conferences and easy-friendly software"

• Video Conference Calls - Good quality of image and voice for as many participants as you need.
  • Webinars - Good for sessions where we have one main presenter and a big or small audience.
  • Screen sharing - Allows you to share your screen.
  • Video recording - Ability to record conferences and calls.
  • Layout Options for one main speaker - to be able to only see the presenter and no other participants in a webinar scenario.
Perfect for video conferences with multiple users (we have used it with more than 100 people calling it at the time for quarterly global reviews). Not perfect but still usable for live webinars but without the ability to record them.
April 27, 2017

Vidyo Review: "Great when performance counts"

We leverage vidyo today company-wide for our video communication solution. Additionally, we resell it.
  • Video quality
  • Compression rate
  • APIs
  • Architecture
  • Support of products
For large video-based meetings Vidyo shines. Its a bit cumbersome for one-on-one or small team conversations.

High quality audio (6)
High quality video (6)
Low bandwidth requirements (5)
Mobile support (6)
Desktop sharing (6)
Whiteboards (4)
Calendar integration (4)
Meeting initiation (6)
Integrates with social media (3)
4.5
Record meetings / events (3)
Slideshows (6)
Live chat (6)
Audience polling (4)
Q&A (4)
User authentication (6)
Participant roles & permissions (5)
Confidential attendee list (4)
5.2

About Vidyo

Vidyo allows you to embed real-time video into digital communications. According to the vendor, millions of people around the world connect visually every day through Vidyo’s secure, scalable technology and cloud-based services. The platform integrates with virtually any application environment, network, and device, and aims to deliver the highest quality experiences that strengthen teams, build trust, solidify relationships and improve quality of life for everyone.

Vidyo Competitors