Making the calculation of sales taxes untaxing

Making the calculation of sales taxes untaxing

Modules Used

• AvaTax

Overall Satisfaction with Avalara

We sell in all 50 states. Avalara is a part of our ERP software (Dynamics GP). We use it to calculate sales taxes on our quotes, sales orders, and invoicing.
  • Seamless tax addition to documents without having to do anything.
  • The tax rates automatically update when new laws are passed.
  • Salespeople can look up accurate tax rates by address very easily for our quotes.
  • The option of showing a window with tax rate details, without having to drill down, would be helpful.
  • I am confident that we are charging and paying the correct amount of taxes.
  • We save time by not having to search for and update tax rates
  • If we are ever audited for Sales and Use tax, and I am confident I will have all of the data that is requested.
The Avalara staff had a definite game plan tor implementation, and were very knowledgeable. The setup process took a little time and a few phone calls, but that was nothing compared to the time we were going to be saving from no longer calculating taxes manually.
  • Dynamics GP
The program had to be added to our system and configured for our documents. It was an easy install, and we have had very few problems over the years.
Most people in our company use Avalara every day, and don't even realize that they are using an add-on product. It simply works.
We only use Avalara for Tax Calculations.
I was introduced to Avalara through GPUG and a presentation at the GPUG Summit. The other GP users said that it was a good product, and they had no problems using it. After talking to the people in the Avalara booth, I decided that it would be a good solution for our company.
I appreciate that I am not depending on employees to calculate the correct amount of tax on orders. It is also nice to know that I can depend on the program to consistently not charge taxes to a customer on items that are non-taxable. All of these things ensure the accuracy of my documents and in the end keeps our customers happy.

Avalara Feature Ratings