Overall Satisfaction with DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg is currently being used by our Sales department as a tool for lead generation and company information from prospects. It addresses the problems of having access to clean data, direct dials, emails, and hierarchy charts- gives us an accurate layout of our prospects, a good amount of insight, and great CRM integration.
- Very clean data- direct dials (a huge plus!), accurate titles, emails, etc.
- They have "OrgCharts" for the companies in their database, which allows us to see the hierarchy of the prospect's IT department. We can understand who reports to a specific person based on title.
- Ease of use - the layout is very easy to understand and get familiar with. Clean and organized.
- New User Interface - they recently released their new interface which is being rolled out, however, some of the options from the previous interface aren't available yet.
- Hit or miss customer service - they usually do a very good job of getting back to us when issues are present but it can often be difficult to receive updates/progress reports.
- Limited access to data - although most of their data is very accurate for mid to large-sized companies, there are many "smaller" companies that they dont have any data for. This isn't a huge issue because we use other lead generation sources paired with DiscoverOrg.
- Access to clean data. From working with other lead sources, it is very frustrating to have "dirty" and inaccurate data clogging our CRM, so this is a huge plus for our team.
- Increased efficiency - we're able to access the data very easily and transfer it to SF with very few clicks. Aside from that, their direct dials make it easier/faster to reach prospects rather than spending a lot of time navigating phone trees.
- It has allowed us to keep our CRM clean and stay up to date with the latest data updates. We can easily sign up for alerts on employee moves, initiatives - all giving us a specific reason to contact our prospect.
It all comes down to the accuracy and maintenance of their data. It is very clear that DiscoverOrg has the resources and a great research team to ensure that their information is very accurate. It is great knowing that when you are reaching out to a specific prospect, that their information is correct, your email won't bounce, and that you're talking to the right person. Although some of the other lead sources have lots of data, it is often hard to identify what is clean and accurate.
They are definitely well suited to have data for mid to large sized companies, but if your focus is on "smaller" sized companies 50-300, it is very likely that DiscoverOrg will not have much data in that range. Again, they have great data when available, but it is something to keep in mind.