Great bang for the buck
Updated July 05, 2022
Great bang for the buck
CoverhoundInsurance, 51-200 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Intercom
Currently we use it across three departments only. This helps us start the selling process online, helping the customer get information before they have to call in. We gather necessary information via Intercom chat and direct them to the correct department for insurance purposes. It allows us to reach more customers who may not have the availability to call in during work hours.
- Chat communication between customer and agent
- Allows us to customize questions to get customer to correct department
- Integration with Slack
- Integration with email so that chats don't go unnoticed
- Price point--they are a bit pricey when it comes to upgrading
- Work on cursor tracking
- More filtering options for assigning customers to Slack channels
- Allowed us to connect with more customers
- Allows our agents to multitask and handle online customers when phone customers are not available
- No personal connection with customers via chat (opinion)
- Can be delays in response if customers get stuck on a call
I have never used any other products like Intercom but I have been on other companies' websites and used their chat features. I can say that based off what I have seen on other companies' websites, Intercom is good but could be better. Some companies have very interactive chats with a lot of functions within them. So far, Intercom is good, but in order to activate more futures, you need to continue to upgrade, which is very costly.
Do you think Intercom delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Intercom's feature set?
Did Intercom live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Intercom go as expected?
Would you buy Intercom again?
I would say that Intercom is great for chatting or directing customers through your website. We have a dedicated group that takes care of customers who are looking for quotes through our website. Instead of calling in, they can send us some information via Intercom chat and we respond fairly quickly. Many people don't have the option to call in during work hours, so Intercom provides the platform for us to work with those customers via chat. Of course there are still customers who prefer to talk to someone on the phone. Sometimes a message doesn't come off as clear as when you can talk to someone and communicate via phone. It's easier to establish a relationship with some customers when they can talk to us and feel our urgency to help them. This is something that, personally, I feel chat can't do.
8 - Majority of people who use Intercom within our CoverHound team are sales reps. We have one service agent who uses it and 2 Ops team members (myself included). For our sales group we have our Personal Lines Sales reps which service auto, home, and renters. We also have our Commercial Sales reps which sell Commercial Auto, Small Business, Liability Insurance, Cyber Insurance, and a few others.
1 - The only person currently used to support Intercom is myself. I am the Director of Operations here at CoverHound. A lot of my experience comes from previous roles in IT and Analytical positions. I have done the majority of system roll outs here at CH and most of the training on these systems as well. This made me the most qualified to be the administrator of Intercom and with me jumping in to the Director role, it became my responsibility and duty as well.
- Online communication with our customers
- Allows my agents to multi task between phone and online clients
- Reduces the amount of people holding in our queue
- Allows us to reach customers who need online support ad dont have the bandwidth to make phone calls.
- Auto responses for information that doesnt require a human person
- We use it for FAQ's
- We also use it to provide online customers with useful information, links, and telephone numbers for services we cant do or cant do online.
- As a peer to peer chat function
- As an online help desk for our current customers
I give it this rating because of pricing. One of the downsides is that for every new added function you want, there is a price tag with it. It would be nice to have package deals where you get majority of functions for one price point. Or special promotions for existing customers to upgrade to higher packages.