Overall Satisfaction with IT Glue
IT Glue is being used across our organization to secure client data. As a Technology Support Provider, we keep a lot of info on our client's technology and a tool like IT Glue is needed to quickly store it and access it securely. It needs to be accessible to all staff and preferably to clients too.
- Storing basic information such as notes and configurations about a specific client.
- Staff being able to access the data on a computer or mobile device.
- [I feel] it is trying to be an all-in-one tool by including password managers, checklists, etc.
- [I believe] it is quite slow and clunky.
- [I feel] the interface is very outdated.
- Password manager is terrible compared to others [in my experience].
- [I feel the] checklist functionality is not good compared to other products.
- [I believe] permissions are very confusing.
- [I feel the] learning curve is steep.
- Storing configuration information about clients
- Sharing configuration information about clients
- We regret the purchase and have received little, if any, ROI.
- [In my expereience], the main feature we hoped to get ROI from (MyGlue) was so terrible we were embarrassed to roll it out to our clients.
- Because [I feel] it is slow and clunky, staff find quicker ways to access needed data so this is not used as much as we would have liked.
We used simply OneNote before IT Glue and still keep basic info in there. [I believe] it was not great for sharing outside the company but worked very well to share securely with staff. RoboForm can be used to share info to your clients, such as passwords and configuration details. We have started using Atera and find we can use that to store configuration info securely too.
Do you think IT Glue delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IT Glue's feature set?
Did IT Glue live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of IT Glue go as expected?
Would you buy IT Glue again?
IT Glue is designed for MSPs and apparently many use it. I would not say it is well suited, however, due to the fact that it is very pricey and there are alternatives that do a better job of most functions for less money and better support [in my experience]. [I feel] it is definitely not appropriate for smaller organizations. While it tries to be an all-in-one solution by including such things as password management and checklists, in reality, [I believe] these functions are very poor compared to products that are actually designed to do them. For example, password managers like RoboForm or LastPass are miles ahead of IT Glue. Or, real checklist apps like Process Street make IT Glue look pretty pathetic [in my opinion].