Litmus to the rescue!
June 28, 2022

Litmus to the rescue!

Overall Satisfaction with Litmus

I build emails for our marketing campaigns. Our team uses Litmus to proof our emails and ensure that they look good across all the email clients that we focus on. I also personally use the Litmus blog to gain insights and an understanding of up-to-date best practices in email marketing.
  • Offers a user friendly way to view emails across multiple platforms
  • Provides useful thought leadership in the space and makes that accessible
  • Making it clearer what else is offered on the platform, if we are not the ones to actually purchase Litmus for our team we wouldn't be aware of extra capabilities beyond the initial intro!
  • I have definitely had numerous issues caught in the litmus previews, that otherwise would have gone out to our audience and could easily have ruined the user experience of those individuals receiving the emails.
  • The litmus blog has also really helped me to come up with new ideas which inevitably has improved our team's performance
We haven't used any sort of analysis with Litmus, but email testing has benefited us in monumental ways! We're able to easily send an email proof to Litmus via the Responsys platform and check it without leaving the preview screen. Very easy to use and definitely a huge time saver!
We haven't had access to any of these metrics, this could either be because our team leads have chosen not to add these features to our plan, or maybe we have these features and just do not know they exist! In either case, I would like to know the answer to this but it was handled before I came to this team.
We independently review the Litmus previews to see if the email looks good across all the clients that we care about, and once we personally decide to approve it, we share this link with a manager-level person who will also review the Litmus preview and confirm it looks good.
I know that Braze has a preview window that automatically populates next to the email HTML when working on it, but I am not sure if this extends across all email clients

Do you think Litmus delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Litmus's feature set?

Did Litmus live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Litmus go as expected?

Would you buy Litmus again?

Specifically, Litmus is great for when you are going to send an email to a larger audience where you know they could be viewing it across multiple clients and platforms. Litmus is less useful in a scenario where you are writing a simple plain text email, or you have already proofed out an email template and are less concerned with it breaking after an initial test.

Litmus Feature Ratings

Ability to test dynamic content
Mobile optimization