Send mass emails with ease with Mailchimp
Updated January 08, 2020
Send mass emails with ease with Mailchimp
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Mailchimp
We use MailChimp across our small sales organization to send email campaigns to current and potential customers. It helps us to email hundreds or thousands of people at one time, and save contact lists so we can send different campaigns to different groups. It also provides us with important analytics like open and click-rates.
- Sending email campaigns. It's extremely easy and efficient to create campaigns with templates or on your own, and repeat those campaigns so you don't have to recreate them every time.
- Customer service. They actually only have chat and email support, but I've utilized the chat function numerous times and rarely waited more than a few minutes. Everyone I've chatted with has been extremely competent and a few folks actually went into my campaigns and helped me create them.
- Analytics. It's very important to have the open and click rates of campaigns, and you can download the list of people who opened your campaigns and what links they clicked, and which links.
- Phone support. While the chat function is extremely effective, it can be helpful with certain questions to speak with someone over the phone.
- I'd like the ability to unsubscribe someone to all campaigns. Currently, if someone unsubscribes to a campaign, they will never receive that exact campaign again. But if their email address is on multiple lists or gets added on another list by someone who is unaware that they unsubscribed, that person will receive another email. Many recipients have been angered by this, telling me that the unsubscribed - which they did - but I have to explain that the process is not universal, and sometimes we forget to include the "exclude" list.
- The payment structure goes by the number of email addresses that are stored on Mailchimp, so to stay below a certain billing threshold, I have to periodically delete lists of stored email addresses. This gets to be cumbersome because I regularly need to delete and re-upload many of the same lists of people.
- It's had a positive impact on our ROI. We've been able to reach potential customers from all over the country by sending surveys and blogs, and we've scheduled numerous conference calls and face to face meetings, many of which have resulted in sales.
- It's saved us a significant amount of time because once we create an email campaign it's very easy to recreate it. It's also easy to add contact lists.
- Mailchimp also looks professional and has helped us significantly with our marketing and brand awareness.
We used Constant Contact for about a year and we liked it, but Mailchimp was simply easier for us to use, and we liked the formatting options for email campaigns and the templates available in Mailchimp. We also have found Mailchimp to be a little cheaper for us to use on a monthly basis.
Mailchimp is terrific for any organization that is looking to send email campaigns to a large group of people, send multiple email campaigns to a variety of lists, and create campaigns with a variety of text and graphic options. If most of the email outreach an organization does is individual outreach, or if mass emailing is more periodic, it might be best to utilize the free mail merge functions of Gmail.
Mailchimp Feature Ratings
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - The chat function has been very quick effective. Every rep I've encountered has been thorough and solve my issues; most have told or guided me towards the answer I needed but some even gone into my account to help make changes. I'm not sure if phone support is available for an additional fee but if it is, we wouldn't take advantage of it.
There was a marketing campaign that I created and I wanted to copy/paste from an existing document, but the format wasn't carrying over. The representative I chatted with logged into my account and showed me what exactly I could and couldn't do in terms of formatting. I was able to copy most of it over, enough to make the campaign look great, and then she showed me some additional ways to make the campaign pop. This type of scenario happened a few times.