Design & project management experience with Miro.
March 02, 2022

Design & project management experience with Miro.

Ivy Tsang | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use Miro throughout project planning, business review, comment, user flow, wireframe, and requirement annotation. In most of the projects, we have multiple disciplines and stakeholders need to get involved. By posting the backlogs with ID cards(also use the card detail page), we can align everyone's understanding of the project scope. Sometimes when we don't have time to go through the notes in meetings, we can share the board link with stakeholders, and let them add comments on it. The powerful wireframe library also helps our design team a lot in drafting the design solution and having a quick presentation with others. Moreover, if I have enough time, I will post the product requirements in the Note panel, so that whenever new joiners onboard or start working on the project, they can browse the requirements on the same board.
  • Wireframe library helps our design team a lot in drafting the design solution and having a quick presentation.
  • Posting the backlogs with ID cards(also use the card detail page) can align everyone's understanding of the project scope.
  • Note panel let new joiners to browse the requirements on the same board.
  • The various flowchart templates allow me to work for different purposes.
  • The board is super big that we can add a lot of information.
  • The loading and experience is smooth.
  • More comprehensive features to help add requirements. So that I can use the same board for leaving more annotation and feature description. Maybe support more than one page for the Note section? So that I can switch between meeting notes or project summaries.
  • More components in wireframe library, even some UI templates for quick edit (e.g. Login form).
  • The connection arrows only allow me to connect to components, therefore I always fail to connect directly to the artboard when doing ScreenFlow (I have to draw a big rectangle as the background so that I can point the arrow to the artboard).
  • Improved productivity for design brainstorming.
  • Saved time to check the progress among several tools. One board is enough for most content.
As mentioned before, to position as an all-rounded collaboration tool, I suggest exploring the project kickstart journey. Make it a tool that helps people to collect requirements and build a project from scratch.
Actually, I seldom use Miro integration tools so I don't have many thoughts.
Miro helps our design team a lot in drafting the design solution and have a quick presentation to stakeholder within the same board. It's good that we can co-work and see which part the others are working on.

Smooth collaboration experience, various templates, and tools for creating ideas, the UI is easy to use and teach others to use, the deliverables are clean and modern.
Well suited: - Project ideation and cross-team communication on ideas and design wireframes - Kickstart a project. When everyone has no idea and no materials on hand, the Miro board is a tool to create "something". Little by little, then there'll have some progress! - Share the board with externals. They can view as guests and are not required to do registration. Less appropriate: - Detail UI design and prototyping (usually will switch to AdobeXD/Figma for UI, so not a big concern) - Writing a detailed product requirement.