Exceptional, highly-extensible product.
- NetSuite ERP
- NetSuite CRM+
Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite
- It is exceptional at quoting, ordering, invoicing, revenue recognition, install base, renewals, purchasing, vendor billing, general ledger and financial reporting. Furthermore it is extensible, in that you can use java scripting and/or custom objects to manage requirements that are unique to your business. It has robust and flexible customer and item management capabilities.
- NetSuite is an intuitive business application that support best practice business processes. When implemented and managed properly, it can handle the great majority of business processes in a scalable, open and secure environment.
- The NetSuite platform also has an open API that enables integration with Salesforce. This requires a very clear integration methodology though. The methodology we used placed resulted in lower complexity and reliable uptime. Additionally, it had proper internal controls.
- NetSuite e-commerce is evolving. Historically, the knock against it was user interface. NetSuite is spending considerable time and effort to improve this functionality though.
- Also, as of late 2014, Advanced Projects now spans Project Management, Resource Allocation and Job Costing/Budgeting. They have been taking best practice workflows from OpenAir and putting them into native NetSuite. This solution will continue to be enhanced.
- This is tough to quantify, as our business was growing rapidly, so it was almost impossible to attribute specific numbers to NetSuite only. But, I estimate that we cut administrative costs by ~ 30% with simplified billing, licensing and install base management. We dramatically improved renewals cash flow by automating the process via NetSuite.
- We were up and running on the NetSuite GL in 1 month. We went live on Customer Support by the end of month 3. We fully implemented NetSuite with full integration to Salesforce within 5 months. We acquired 2 companies and opened up an office in Cork, Ireland in this same time period.
- Oracle eBusiness Suite,QuickBooks Online,QuickBooks Pro
We are a NetSuite Solution Provider - reseller, new implementations and optimizations for existing NetSuite customers.
We are focused on the software and light manufacturing/distribution verticals. All of our NetSuite customers have been very happy with the results. http://www.saascg.com/our-clients/
NetSuite ERP Feature Ratings
Marketing (for promotion analysis and actuals by product)
Product Management (for unit and $ analysis and item management)
Customer Service and Support
One technical NS administrator.
One integration expert.
- Quote to Cash, including revenue recognition
- Procure to Pay
- GL to Financial Statements
- Operational reporting and analysis
Have a central person identified to handle all report and analysis requests (ie - don't allow multiple people to create reports; have one person create reports and distribute them to decision makers via the NS dashboard or whatever form). Make sure you understand critical dates and develop the project plan accordingly.
- Vendor implemented
- Implemented in-house
Additionally, NetSuite has excellent Help documentation.
business process. You can control the information that is accessed and
entered by each user of your NetSuite account. There is a
simple point and click interface for configuring standard fields, forms and reports and for creating custom fields and forms,
custom record types, transaction form layouts, and custom centers (role based dashboards).
NetSuite has several different support levels - http://www.netsuite.com/portal/services/support_main.shtml
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
- Fields and forms are easy to configure.
- Order to Cash, including revenue recognition.
- Multi-company, multi-currency
The SuiteTalk Platform provides programmatic access to your NetSuite
data and business processes through an XML-based application programming
interface (API). Generally speaking, the SuiteTalk Platform has the
SOAP encoded web services – the SuiteTalk Platform uses SOAP-based web services with document style, or Doc style, encoding.
Doc style encoding consists of message-oriented
exchanges where an XML schema specified within the SOAP message defines
the structure of any messages sent between two applications. RPC
exchanges are NOT supported.
HTTPS Transport – currently the only transport supported is HTTPS as defined in the WSDL document.
- A custom product licensing system on SQL Server.
We redesigned the integration to allow Sales Reps, on an opportunity in Salesforce, to click a button to launch the Sales Rep into NetSuite where they could enter the quote in NetSuite. Order Management could then process approved quotes to Orders and eventually Invoices. We transferred Quote Header (ID, amount, expiration date) information back into Salesforce so that Sales Manager could run Opportunity and Quote reports (ex. which opps have quotes that are expired). Best of all worlds.
- In my current role as President of SaaS Consulting Group, my team has done many integrations.