Updated September 11, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
Optimizely is used by almost everyone on my team on a daily basis. We work with many clients who use Optimizely as their primary A/B, MVT, and personalization testing tool, and we both consult with them on best practices on how to use the tool, as well as execute our own analysis within the tool (if an analytics platform is not paired with it).
- Extremely intuitive interface with excellent usability, without sacrificing features. You could almost just read and use some common sense, and be able to use 80%+ of the features the first time you load the tool - incredibly intuitive.
- Drag and Drop/Click and Pull functionality that is present throughout the tool, allows for seamless changes and updates, which can be much more cumbersome in other tools - potentially leading to more errors in campaign setup.
- The WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor is the best that I have personally used.
- Optimizely technical support is second to none, in both their expertise, as well as their friendliness and willingness to help.
- Integrates well with Adobe Analytics.
- One specific point, is I wish Optimizely gave you the ability to copy an audience. It's an extremely simple feature, and one that we've requested, but probably just on the back log currently.
- Sometimes it can take quite some time to upload changes from a campaign to the CDN. It varies by client and implementation, but can be a pain point at times.
- Optimizely has had a tremendous positive impact on the ROI of our clients. Whether you're just starting your testing program and just want to get your feet wet with a few simple WYSIWYG tests, or you're ready to dive in to complex MVT test designs and Personalization Campaigns, Optimizely has everything you need to create, and maintain, a highly successful testing center.
I have used tools in various spaces that have all the flashy bells and whistles, and is, but lacks some basic features - Optimizely isn't this. While other tools, such as Adobe Target, Evergage, Dynamic Yield, Google Optimize, or even Taplytics may make more sense for your organization depending on what specific needs and goals you have, Optimizely is a great one to look at first. In my opinion, Optimizely is the bar for A/B testing tools, and the majority of companies out there would be hard pressed to do better elsewhere.