Intuitive and Cost Effective
November 07, 2021
Intuitive and Cost Effective
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Paycom
Paycom is primarily used by the HR and Accounting departments. Approximately 30% or our employees have downloaded the app on their phones and use it for time off requests, and other tasks that can be taken care of on the app. The majority of our working class population does not use the app which means that we still use paper forms to request time off, and we still make many changes that could be made by the employee.
- Support whenever I need it.
- Reporting options.
- Staying current on legal issues like the special COVID earnings that are required.
- Would like to see more options when creating a custom report.
- Clocking in 1 minute after the start of a schedule, takes away half an hour from the employee. We are consistently pushing the clock back one minutes so that employees don't lose that half hour. This only happens on our morning shift; not our Swing Shift.
- On anniversary dates the system changes the vacation accrual but does not enter the additional lump sum of 40 hours vacation to the employee's account. We go in and enter the lump sum manually.
- It is difficult to reprogram our time clock bells. Over time, the bell rings 1 or 2 minutes earlier than the actual time.
- I found that adding extra features to the system we already have always costs money. I know that many of the extra features could bring an ROI, but it is always difficult to add to a program that already works to satisfy our needs.
- If or when new features are added there is always a learning curve. Some of the learning tools are useful, but sometimes when I go to the learning resources center there is no standard answer for a problem I may be having.
- Preparing and submitting our bi-weekly payroll is practically fool-proof. Paycom will not allow you to submit if something is wrong. The process is fast and easy.
Paycom's support team is much more responsive and always has solutions. At ADP, you do not have an account rep; when you call for help, you get three different answers from three different people. ADP became too big and did not appear to specialize in payroll anymore. We found Paycom to address our smaller business' needs and to be more cost effective than ADP.
Do you think Paycom delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Paycom's feature set?
Did Paycom live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Paycom go as expected?
Would you buy Paycom again?
Support is always available when you need it. The system is great for office use but our employees are slow to download the app and start using it. I am unable to put our Employee Handbook in the required documents for reading, because most employees don't use the app. We have not made it a requirement that all employees use the app. They are accustomed to coming to HR for help or information - which for me and my co-worker is fine. This way we do have some contact with our people and creates an understanding that HR is not a punitive or scary place, but rather a resource when serious situations arise.