March 15, 2019
SD Clifton Construction Inc.Construction, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
- Project Management
- Construction Financials
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
We use Procore as our Project Management operating software. We are still working on getting everyone on board but hope to have this done by the end of the year. More specifically, we use the submittals, RFIs, change events, and bidding tools. We still have a lot to learn about Procore, but feel that we will have a much better grasp by the end of the year.
- The most important aspect for us is the deadline. Being able to send out RFIs or submittals with a deadline, that generates reminders and alerts, allows the project manager to create and move on.
- The way the submittal workflow works is very helpful as well.
- Finally, the ability for the recipient of an RFI to respond to the email and it tracks it in Procore, has been very beneficial.
- Importing plans, and the software that auto detects the title and plan could use some work.
- It tends to not pick up what we are wanting it to read.
- Sometimes when you go to create or submit an item, the screen will sit there and load and nothing will happen. At nights it tends to be worse.
- When in the change event tool, it would be nice to be able to close or delete change events that have been denied or canceled.
Procore takes all of these programs and combines them into 1. It is very user-friendly and allows subs to see what the contractor wants them to see and nothing more. These other programs have their individual strengths but having all of them together on one platform that has the ability to link them together is very beneficial.
This is very beneficial in making sure everyone is on the same page. One great feature of Procore is the drawings tool. When you pull up a drawing, you know you are looking at the most up to date drawings. This prevents people working from older drawings, which can cause a lot of problems down the road.
- Overall, I do not believe we have had any return on investment yet, but we see the potential, and with the growth we expect, we see the return being great in the future.
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
- Improve forecast accuracy
- Simplify employee time tracking
The drawings aspect keeps everyone on the same page. Also, the accountability of the RFI's and submittal reminders and alerts when late, allow the PM to focus on other import tasks and not constantly worried about what he forgot about. Our superintendents have really grabbed onto doing daily reports in Procore which allows us to be aware of issues along with having the ability to look back at previous issues at a later date.
Procore is user-friendly but is also very in-depth. I would say it takes a few projects before someone feels efficient in Procore. It is also a habit to send an email when you have questions, so going to Procore to create an RFI is something that takes time to get used to.
I believe Procore could help any medium-size construction company. That being said, I do not feel that a small construction company would benefit from the tools that Procore has compared to the overall cost. I also believe the cost of the program is higher than we originally expected and while we are very happy with the program, the cost of the service is a hard thing to justify. Our company has been around for 34 years and we are very well respected in our community and the communities we work in. Procore has not changed any of that but it has allowed us to be more organized.
Procore Feature Ratings
Plan distribution & viewing
Plan markups & sharing
Issue tracking & punchlists
Collaboration & approvals