Review: "Intuit's QuickBase is a GREAT tool for any business!"
| 2013-10-18published 10/18/2013
TrustRadius Review Summary
We switched from an in house Access database to the cloud-based QuickBase to track Professional Services engagements and as a project management tool. This cloud-based platform allowed better collaboration, nice visual reporting features, and grew with our business. Easy enough to use by business users with little assistance required from IT. Fantastic tool.
- Flexible reporting: easy to create reports that allow you to visualize the data in a number of formats on-the-fly
- Data-entry: most reports can easily flip into 'Grid Edit' mode which allows for quick data entry from your view of the data
- Application simplicity: it was straightforward to create an application and its underlying data. This required application expertise, but could be done by business users without heavy involvement from IT. This was a big perk for our organization.
- Built-in email/alert engine: we used QuickBase to trigger notifications to certain users when data was added, changed, or deleted. This was fantastic to manage workflow.
QuickBase has an API; however it does require expertise to link 3rd party applications via this API. We liked the QuickBase interface so much, we built several integrations to marry the data in the QB platform for analysis.
- Faster turn around time for reporting
- More efficient and effective data entry
- Improved collaboration
- Happier customers
500 - Sales, business development, consulting services, project management, and support functions.
2 - We have a few IT staff that support the application. Support can also be provided directly by the business owners.
Evaluation and Selection
Intuit QuickBase was used in my business to track Professional Services engagements as a project management tool. It replaced an archaic Access database that had been managed in house. - To have a cloud-based platform that allowed better collaboration, nice visual reporting features, and had the flexibility to quickly change and scale as our business did.
Define application governance from the start. Only provide key users with the ability to create applications so that they don't get out-of-hand.
Most support was handled via online resources. No live support staff was available. This is an area that Intuit could improve. Response was good online, but sometimes it is nice to speak with support staff directly.