Helps us quickly get the information we need to make informed decisions about our business
February 26, 2021

Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is being used by our entire company across all of our business channels. It allows us to drill down information quickly. It also allows us to accurately track our COGS as we go throughout the year.
  • By having multiple classes, you can segment out what costs are associated with certain SKUs
  • The reporting tools help me make quick decisions and see where we can make adjustments
  • QuickBooks Online Advanced allows us to integrate across many industry platforms
  • It would be nice if we could have a way to create a budget based on class and then have it all roll up together for one master budget. This would allow me to break up my business channels. Currently I can create budgets based on class but I don't see a way to have that all combine into one larger budget when desired.
  • It would be nice if there were discounts for smaller businesses.
  • I'm not aware of this function, so perhaps it exists but having a calendar function where you can see when AP and AR are due would be nice.
  • QuickBooks Online Advanced I believe has inventory capability but I have not heard good things about it in our industry, so I'll need to dig in deeper to find out but I believe it might not work well. I on the other hand heard that the desktop version was the one to have but that doesn't allow for the timely entry we need from our bookkeeper and access to more immediate information for us.
  • QuickBooks Online Advanced has saved us hours of work with our CPA which in turns saves us a LOT of money.
  • QuickBooks Online Advanced allows for our bookkeeper to work remotely which in turn allows for a better employee experience for her and more up to date records for us.
  • QuickBooks Online Advanced I believe has inventory capability but I have not heard good things about it in our wine industry so I'll need to dig in deeper to find out but I believe it might not work well, I on the other hand heard that the desktop version was the one to have but that doesn't allow for the timely entry we need from our bookkeeper and access to more immediate information for us.
Our bookkeeper set up QuickBooks Online Advanced for us. She said it was very easy, as we simply upgraded from the QuickBooks Online standard version. The data transferred over and we were able to immediately start using it. Simple.
We have a remote workforce of contractors and we, ourselves (husband and wife team), work from our home. It was important for us to choose a system that was easy to use and could be used remotely. Oftentimes our bookkeeper goes on long trips. We compile our receipts and she just takes them with her, updates our books, and we have what we need!
We work in the wine industry. QuickBooks Online Advanced is often offered as an API or plugin with many of the wine-specific software programs. This allows us, as we grow and select to use some of these other software systems, not to have to overhaul our accounting and bookkeeping at the same time. In addition, we are able to attribute costs throughout the year to a certain class. We use these classes as a specific SKU of wine, which allows us to quickly come up with our COGS when the wine is ready to be released or when we meet with our CPA.
We used to use the standard business version of QuickBooks Online but by moving to QuickBooks Online Advanced, we were able to streamline our costing of our goods and services, saving tons of time at the end of the year addressing what our COGS are.
For many small to medium-sized businesses it is a great system--easy to use and understand. In the wine industry it oftentimes has APIs with many industry software systems. It is also great for remote teams.

QuickBooks Online Advanced Feature Ratings