Great software for a growing business
June 08, 2021

Great software for a growing business

Overall Satisfaction with Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is currently only being used by the Accounting and Finance Department. It is used to maintain the company's financial records, run financial reports (i.e. balance sheet, P&L, general ledger), and reconcile specific balance sheet accounts. The software has features that allow for you to import data, including journal entries along with their support (if needed).
  • I love the saved reports you can set up and have run automatically.
  • I like the Intacct gives more than just 2 format options to export data and reports.
  • The menus could look a little more aesthetically pleasing.
  • The general ledger menu has A LOT of items on it, but it's hard to tell where one section of items ends and the next begins.
  • We haven't had this software long enough to determine this yet.
It has benefited from this. Our company has several journal entries that need to be posted every month. The option to upload them using a template has been very beneficial by making this process go much faster than doing it manually. The general ledger process has made it easy to add support for these entries also.
I haven't been with the company long enough to see how most of these features are used; however, I have reviewed with others how the project and purchase orders have been used. These features make it easy to view the progress of projects and maintain the invoices as purchase orders as they progress through our approval process.
I am still becoming acquainted with the software. I like the configuration of Sage Intacct, and it's fairly easy to see where things are at, but I am still getting used to using it. I do really like the menu options available under the General Journal menu, so it's easy to find most of what I need to use.

Do you think Sage Intacct delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Sage Intacct's feature set?

Did Sage Intacct live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Sage Intacct go as expected?

Would you buy Sage Intacct again?

While I am much more familiar with the different Quickbooks' softwares, the different menus and features of Sage Intacct are more "hidden" than what you generally see in Quickbooks. This means that you have to click through the different menus to find what you're looking for more than you'd have to in Quickbooks.
Sage Intacct feels like it is well suited for small to midsize companies. It has plenty of features to help just about any business get started and really grow. However, it does not seem like it would be suited for larger midsize or large-cap companies. I personally haven't used the software much, but larger companies I have worked with needed a more robust software like SAP or Microsoft Dynamics Great Plaines. They had the opportunity to switch to Sage Intacct, but these other softwares were chosen because of how much data and information they could handle.

Sage Intacct Feature Ratings