Tech guy with 15 years of experience annoyed with ServiceNow.
Max Lewenhaupt | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 03, 2017

Tech guy with 15 years of experience annoyed with ServiceNow.

Overall Satisfaction with ServiceNow

It's being used across the whole organization. Our entire company sends and finishes tickets using the portal. We use each queue for IT, facilities, and others.

Our business needs quick responses, as we work at a media company. We handle [everything] from small issues to big issues on servers and it is of vital importance that the [ticketing] software [vendor] respect our time frames and needs.

• Maybe some of the customization features.
  • Cloud-based.
  • Can add attachments [to tickets].
  • Extremely slow after customization at enterprise [level].
  • So many fields needed for open ticket.
  • Confusing, not easy to find anything.
  • Search fields are not accepting % value to research as CPTM.
  • Time consuming customization on a daily basis.
  • No so user friendly.
  • Does not work well on Chrome.
  • The program in general overall and compared with other solutions gives me a bad user experience, especially due to continuous slow performance issues.
  • Some tickets appear again after closure, and sometimes it is not easy to work just with IE. Also is not browser friendly [for other browsers].
  • Search option using % is not available, so good luck searching for a ticket. [This aspect is] not user friendly.
  • Completing a ticket is just a tedious process, as you cannot load any kind of templates. [This is] frustrating.
Not my choice, and never will be my primary selection. I deeply think that out there must be at least 20 better solutions. In my previous role I used to work with the Autotask ticketing system it and was a lot better. As per my experience, [the fact that] ServiceNow [offers] just IE compatibility is an extremely slow and frustrating user experience.
We found several scenarios where ServiceNow is slow. In regards to performance, I have sent tickets several times to our team to review the poor performance without any success. Our business requires quick action many times on issues and ServiceNow is not providing quick performance for our tasks.

ServiceNow Feature Ratings

Organize and prioritize service tickets
Self-service tools
Subscription-based notifications
ITSM collaboration and documentation
ITSM reports and dashboards
Configuration mangement
Asset management dashboard
Policy and contract enforcement

Using ServiceNow

1000 - [They use ServiceNow for the] Ticketing system, [to] open incidents, [and to] see ticket status, request assistance, request for facilities, send questions, request access, etc.
Not sure, I know there are 1 or 2 persons involved internally [but they] never assist me properly.
  • Incident Request
  • Access Request
  • Facilities
If was my choice [a long] time ago this software would be gone for good.

Evaluating ServiceNow and Competitors

Yes - I think [it] was Remedy, sadly replaced.
  • Price
[Aside from that] No idea. Was there when I got into [the organization].
My feedback for my manager is honest and everybody [is as] concerned about it as me. [We are] Not happy.

Using ServiceNow

The dashboard is so confusing, [there are] many clicks to open a task and search by a ticket. The Enterprise customisation [we did] has finished to kill the software and creates a really bad experience on a daily basis. [It is] So slow, and so many clicks to process a ticket. Works only on IE so, that [should] make you realize that [it] is a bad idea.
ProsCons
Easy to use
Do not like to use
Unnecessarily complex
Not well integrated
Inconsistent
Slow to learn
Lots to learn
  • The only thing is some templates - everything else, no.
  • So much text.
  • So many useless options.
  • So many clicks to close a ticket.