ShoreTelSky: It Just Makes Sense.https://www.trustradius.com/voipMiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel)Unspecified7.91041012013-09-07T21:19:41.510Z
September 07, 2013
ShoreTelSky: It Just Makes Sense.
Score 8 out of 101
Sky: Call Conductor
- The call quality is excellent.
- Setting it up was inexpensive and straightforward.
- I can make most changes to the setup myself using their web portals; for changes I can't make (or just don't feel like making), their telephone support is excellent.
- Their billing system is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. But since the service is excellent, I can live with it.
- Much lower TCO, much lower install cost. Zero hardware maintenance cost. Just. Plain. Easy.
The system does everything I need it to do. Users like it and administrators like it. And the price is reasonable.
Evaluation and Selection
Aptela. I chose M5 (ShoreTelSky) because their platform puts call quality first. Their system also uses Cisco endpoints, which are very compatible with the rest of my Cisco network. I also liked the fact that ShoreTelSky uses the internet only as a backup for transport; I use MPLS as my primary connectivity.
It was easier to learn if you read their training materials. Many of the advanced features are not exactly intuitive - but many of these features are REALLY desirable. So it's worth flipping through the manual.