Overall Satisfaction with Sprout Social
The organization I previously worked for used Sprout Social to do a variety of things. The social tool was used to schedule and manage social posting. We used the social listening tool it has, and the analytic reports Sprout Social allows you to export as PDF files. All of this was done to help manage our clients' social media accounts, and help track their social progress.
- Sprout Social has an easy to use interface that allows non-tech savvy people to easily maneuver their way around the tool.
- Sprout Social allows team collaboration, task management, and progress tracking for your social teams.
- Sprout Social combines social listening, engagement, and management all into one platform.
- For the features and functionality Sprout Social offers, the platform is a bit pricey.
- While Sprout Social tries act as a one-stop shop social media management tool, it doesn't excel in two of its key features: social listening and social analytics.
- Sprout Social is a great tool is you're not tech savvy or social savvy. It's easier for you to manage, but that's about it. Creating the value is up to you.
- Sprout Social helped contribute to our clients' social followings, but you don't need a social management tool to do that.
- If you need an easy-to-use social media management tool, then pick Sprout Social. If you need to track ROI metrics, I suggest you do some research.
- If tracking your social media team's efforts are a business objective, then pick Sprout Social.
Well, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want a one-stop shop social media management tool, then it's better than Hootsuite, but Buffer beats Sprout Social's scheduling features. TweetDeck beats Sprout's social listening features. Twitter provides way better Twitter Analytics than Sprout Social.
The price isn't worth the features you pay for. Plenty of other tools do what Sprout Social does for less.