Mostly Happy in Texas
Updated June 28, 2022
Mostly Happy in Texas
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro
[UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] is used across our whole organization, in the US, Canada, and now Mexico. We are also considering implementing in the UK and Brazil as well. We are a manufacturer, so 75% of our employees are hourly. We use UTA to track time and core payroll to pay everyone. We actively use Recruiting, Onboarding, Business Intelligence, employee self-service, etc. on a daily basis. It is the software of record for all of our employees.
- Core works great and keeps every record, file, piece of data on all of our employees in one place.
- Payroll works well and we have not had any problems in almost 7 years on the software.
- BI is very helpful for reporting, and is an indispensable tool for our executive team.
- We use our Document Acknowledgment module for lots of things to make sure that employees have read and understood policies, procedures, and agreements.
- As stated before, 75% of our employees are hourly so we use UTA to track their time and send that time to payroll. UTA has been the number one source of problems for us over the last 6+ years. We have configured it greatly to match our work processes but this has caused difficulties for us through the years. It is difficult for our supervisors and managers to use.
- The other thing that compounds the issues with UTA is that trying to use BI with UTA is much harder than using BI for core. Data is hidden and field names are not known, so pulling reports out of UTA is very difficult.
- The other problem with UTA/BI is that you can't combine data from core and UTA into one report, which causes you to jump trough hoops to get this data to our executives.
- We are now solving these issues by changing from UTA to UKG Dimensions. This will solve most of the problems that we have had through the years on the Time & Attendance side of the software.
- Very positive impact for managing all activities on one platform.
- Positive for supervisor time savings.
- Positive for reporting data to our executive team.
We felt like UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) was the best fit for our needs. The biggest differentiation was the customization with [UKG Pro], instead of just out of the box and that is all you get.
Do you think UKG Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Pro's feature set?
Did UKG Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Pro go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Pro again?
UKG Pro does what it promises to do. It is configurable for most situations and easy to use.
UKG Pro is our system of record for people data. Almost everything we do on the people side is housed here. This allows employees and managers to feel confident that they can locate the data they need in one place.
The core/payroll/HR piece I think would work for anyone. We are in manufacturing (BTW you don't have an industry drop down for straight manufacturing), but I think these products and the other modules would work for just about any type of industry.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
UKG Pro Training
We probably could have figured it out but they provide tons of free training in lots of methods.
- Online Training
- In-Person Training
Simple and easy to navigate. Lots of options.
In-person is always better in my opinion. It gives you more opportunities for hands-on work and you are more encouraged to ask questions, etc.
Evaluating UKG Pro and Competitors
Yes - Lawson HR and Payroll. Actually we basically only used Lawson to manage our payroll. Our HR usage was limited to name, employee ID, address, etc. Only enough to pay our people.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
We wanted an all-in-one solution where we could get the pieces we needed to run our business. We were tired of the bolt-on approach where you have one software for this job, and another software for that job, etc.
Knowing what we know now, seven years later - there are more questions we would have asked and things we would have set up differently if we could do it again. We would also push back more if the consultants suggested configuring a particular item a certain way that we were unsure about.
UKG Pro Support
Overall, I would say that the support has been good over the last few years. As UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro)] got bigger and hired more people, I believe that our support system got worse, and times dragged on. We are not in a great place right now so I am hoping that the Kronos merger will help with this.
My initial ERM (Brian Smith) was amazing and all of our original module support people were excellent. We had a BI consultant come out to work with us a couple of years ago and she provided help and suggestions that have helped us greatly to this day.
UKG Pro Reliability
We had very few issues for the first 4 years. In the last year or so we have had more problems with performance, particularly on the BI side. The BI reporting for the UTA side of the house has been awful, for the most part lately.