The All-in-One Champion System
Updated June 28, 2022
The All-in-One Champion System
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Pro
UKG is used for everything from the moment a candidate applies until after their separation and everything in between across our entire organization. It is used integrated with our most common job posting services (Indeed and LinkedIn), it encompasses our entire recruitment effort and module, all of our onboarding, hiring, benefits, payroll, BI for reporting purposes... I'm not sure what functions exist that we are not utilizing within our organization.
- They are really focused on meeting the customer's needs even when they're needy (sometimes us when we perceive something as urgent).
- They are solution-driven, helping solve a problem through trouble-shooting by fully understanding what the accomplished goal is, and how to attain it.
- They are very experienced and knowledgeable in the categories we need assistance with.
- The system is extremely reliable with little if any down time.
- Cognos analytics can be a bit tricky to use and it takes a minute to really understand how to build reports.
- Some minor annoyances seem to not be addressed and the perception is they aren't important enough to fix (e.g. opening the Onboarding link can sometimes prompt the user to login instead, forcing them to close the tab and try again).
- Recruitment seems to not be able to re-open closed opportunities. Instead of being something that we use as a tool, we find that we are having to work around this particular feature.
- Definitely the ease and cost/time savings of managing all aspects within UKG is best. I do not manage financial info so I am not able to speak to that directly.
- For engagement, it is very easy to utilize as a tool to engage with employees even beyond the general information housed in the system. It is also an excellent tool for communications external from the system.
- Optimum Solutions HRIS and now from Kronos / UKG (discontinued)
You can't compare a horse and cart to a Maserati.
Do you think UKG Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Pro's feature set?
Did UKG Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UKG Pro go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Pro again?
Everything exists within it which makes connectivity with all other parts super easy whether it is payroll to benefits to employee information.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
UKG Pro Training
It depends on the technology experience in general of the user. If first they must learn the basics of computer operation, they will typically find everything else difficult. The average person will find it intuitively easy
Using UKG Pro
- Updating earnings/deductions/taxes based on new laws passsed
- Updating benefits when needed
- Certainly it is capable of more things, we're just not quite ready to explore those items
Evaluating UKG Pro and Competitors
UKG Pro Support
UKG has their normal system and workflow for assisting their customers, but they can also get all hands on deck and track down the right resources when needed, especially if it is time-sensitive. There are cases, which for 90% of the time work great. Then there is rapid response and our account manager should we need less usual assistance or to be pointed in the right direction on how to seek help.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Just recently (last week). Our PTO plans were not populating correctly and we were concerned that we had to have it fixed before the deadline of our payroll. The representative assigned to the case was able to get a solutions team member on our case to help us. It was definitely out of the ordinary and a shining example of a representative understanding we had greater needs and he rose to meet those needs for us.
Using UKG Pro
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
UKG Pro Reliability
Haven't had issues that last for more than a few minutes and are super infrequent (less than 2 times a year)
Relationship with UKG
The vendor is able to assist very well when we know specifically what we want. The only struggle is when our process is fundamentally awkward and not very systematic. At times, we've needed to reevaluate our processes to be more aligned with the streamline system of UKG.