Yes - Your HRIS Solution has Arrived!
Updated August 16, 2016
Yes - Your HRIS Solution has Arrived!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
If it is a payroll critical issue, they are very responsive. For the most part, simply submit a case, directly through the system and you are contacted with a response. In my experience, if you provide enough detail with the issues, they will already have a solution when they reach out.
UltiPro is currently being used across our whole organization as our HRIS. We use it for payroll, HR and benefit administration, Open Enrollment and training/development. It is a dream to have all your people related data in one place that is easy to use and intuitive. You can tell that thought has been given to the practical use of each field.
- Ease of Use - UltiPro feels as if an HR representative built it. The system functionalities and reporting features allow you to truly have access to all of your data, in the exact format you desire.
- System Updates - With UltiPro, all system updates, improvements, new features, etc are automatically applied. It makes me confident that UltiPro has my interest in mind, ensuring compliance with all new requirements. There is no need to manually update versions with this system.
- Reporting - UltiPro's report writer is, hands down, the easiest I have ever worked with. You do not have to be a developer or report writing expert to get the information you need, and in the format you need. It is literally as easy as drag and drop to get an instant preview of your report. And all system fields are reportable!
- Training - UltiPro's quick training videos, in depth training materials and many webinars make using and learning their product very easy.
- Single Point of Contact - While UtliPro advertises that administrators will have a single point of contact, that is not 100% accurate. You do have a general point of contact, but in my experience, that person typically just ensures your concern/issue gets addressed in a timely manner, by the "area" specialist. If it is a payroll issue, the issue is reassigned to a payroll specialist. If it is a reporting question, a reports specialist will have to assist, and so on.
UltiPro offers live webinars, short videos, and recorded webinars. This makes finding the answer or guidance you need quick and easy.
The in-person training we did was actually one-on-one, over the phone and via WebEx. The consultants are very helpful and understanding. I also appreciate that they know they system well enough to think out side the box to make UltiPro work for your business, not the other way around.
UltiPro has worked very well for our organization, and I would recommend it to any mid-sized company. The functionality and scaleability would be key considerations, as your organization grows. For us, as a smaller, mid-sized organization, in our industry, it does not make sense for us to purchase some of the features, as you must purchase the features for all "active" employees, not just a component company. There are features the system offers that I would like to use on a Corporate level, but not at a unit level. With UltiPro, at this time, that is not an available option, therefore we are either doing without or continuing to use a third party vendor/provider for those services.
UKG Pro (formerly Ultimate Software UltiPro) Feature Ratings
UltiPro made it very easy to implement. I implemented UltiPro on my own (as we were short-handed), in addition to my other duties, and was able to stay on track with our original implementation timeline. The process is laid out in a very detailed method. This was by far the most thorough and easiest implementation that I have been through.
- The ability to seamlessly pull historical data from our previous service provider. Our previous provider would only assist with exporting pay/tax data, not rate increases, job changes, etc. We wanted this historical data to be captured in the new system, which resulted in significant manual entry (not the fault of UltiPro.)
UltiPro is a full cycle HRIS - from recruitment to retirement. We started with just the Core/Payroll module and have since added Open Enrollment and ACA administration. As we continue to grow, I am looking forward to being able to add additional (seamless) modules to assist in meeting our HR and organizational objectives.
UltiPro rarely has a connectivity issue. If so, you immediately are notified via email and it is fixed very quickly. The pages load very fast and there is very little down time or lag time. The reports are amazing! Each and every field is reportable. Simply drag and drop the field into a preview window and you can instantly see a sample of the report you are creating. Even complex reports complete almost instantly.
They provide a dedicated integration specialist that is skilled, knowledgeable about the product to walk you step by step through the process. In addition, Ultimate Software's system is built in a manner that is intuitive. This makes the integrations very seamless. During the initial integration, I was transitioning a 450 employee group to their system, while understaffed in our department. They were ready to assist with any questions that I had. Most recently we just rolled out the Open Enrollment feature for our entire workforce in a matter of 3 weeks. So far, this has been the easiest transition and integration that I have been through.