Overall Satisfaction with UserTesting
We have used UserTesting in the Global Digital Marketing Team to test our global digital assets. We were tasked to design, develop and maintain a website for one of our global brands and this website would then be adapted into more than 100 countries. During the research and design phases of this project, we used UserTesting to conduct tests on prototypes and developed websites. These tests helped us validate some of the choices we made and change the ones that did not work. Our reason for choosing UserTesting was its global user base. While it's very strong in the USA and other English speaking countries, UserTesting proved to be effective in other countries as well which helped us as we are a global company.
- Very large user base, which makes it very quick to gather responses.
- Easy-to-use interface for creating tests.
- Ability to take notes and create short clips from test videos on the fly.
- While certainly better than competitors, UserTesting should grow its international (non-English speaking) user base.
- The cost is sadly too high for companies who need to do usability tests less frequently, on an ad hoc basis. We'd love to see a per-test pricing option.
- Cost saving: As we started doing tests early in our redesign process, we were able to change the designs before they were developed. This saved us very precious time and budget.
- UX Improvement: We have tested our previous websites as well and calculated SUS scores. Which showed an improvement with the new website.
I was very happy with the support I received. The team was very quick to respond and they would help with test designs and recruitment. Also, whenever a test response wasn't up to our standards they were very quick to replace that response with a new one.
The system is very clear and easy-to-use. I like the simplicity of the recruitment and test design pages. I'd also like to mention that the team works regularly on the overall user experience design of the tool and there are regular updates and improvements. One feature that I like to use is creating clips from videos. Overall it's very easy to create those clips and to share them.
- UserZoom and Userlytics
All the tools we had evaluated before purchasing had similar features but the one thing that set UserTesting apart from the rest was the size and reach of their user base. We needed to reach global audiences and at the time of our choice, only UserTesting was able to reach a large size of audiences in non-English speaking countries. That, specifically, was the reasoning behind our choice.
For companies who need to do usability tests regularly, especially in English-speaking countries, UserTesting is the best available tool. It has very detailed options for recruitment and screening and the support team is always ready to answer whatever question you'd have. However, if you need to do tests less regularly, UserTesting can become pretty costly.